[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just prescribed Lexapro, I hope it helps me with my depression.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I was just prescribed Lexapro, I hope it helps me with my depression.

Anyone here have experience with SSRIs?
>>
YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' CRAZIER THAN

THIS NIGGA WHEN HE OFF HIS LEXAPRO
>>
>>29458553
Ssri can help you through a hard time, took them for a year and genuelly felt better
I think it will help you
>>
I wasn't suicidal until I got on Lexapro
>>
File: 131331311313.jpg (35 KB, 226x289) Image search: [Google]
131331311313.jpg
35 KB, 226x289
>>29458553
Takes months to take effect, will probably kill your sex drive, might not work at all. I've used SSRIs, an NDRI, a Stimulant and now I'm using an SNRI since the others did jack shit, other than the Stimulant which was Concerta but it ruined my sleep too badly.
>>
>>29458553
Tbh, I hated Lexapro. Made me suicidal, and my memory of those months I was on it was completely fucked. It took a solid two years before I could chronologically put events fron that time in order.

You might have better luck, but I recommend combining your medication with the whole exercise/eating right meme. You're more likely to have a positive outcome if you combine that with medicine.

Gl senpai
>>
>>29458553
I'm bipolar, lexapro sent me into a manic episode. I somehow ended up choking my dad's fiance against a door. She wouldnt let me leave the house (18years old) you tell me who broke the law. Anyways I went to jail
>>
SSRIs are rubbish. You want to cycle benzos and opiates with 2 weeks of sobriety between each. benzos for a month-2 week break- opiates- 2 week break etc.
>>
>>29458553
It helped me quite a bit.
I felt a little more miserable for the first couple weeks. Then one day things just clicked and I felt a lot better. Eventually I weaned myself off and things have been good since.

It didn't impact my libido at all, though worrying about possible sexual side effects caused some additional anxiety for a while.
>>
I have similar opinion as >>29460039

I had that fenlafaxin retard stuff and it made me horrible. Especially nice were the horrorfying nightmares I had after stopping those damn things, but I dunno maybe that was just a conscidence. I still have a lot of intense nightmares, just not as frequent after stopping that shit, so.

Changing my diet to the one recommended by some writing doctor, going back to study and study something I like and walking from time to time have helped me the best.

That and seeing druggies in the mental health shelter (or whatever the fuck Anglos call that). Now those were in bad shape.
>>
>>29458553
they work only if you're stupid
you need to be really dumb to believe that blocking serotonin will make you less depressed
ssri are for stupid people who're bipolar
>>
>>29460145
>18 yo
you or the grill?
>>
SSRIs made me worse. Tried a bunch of them, also SNRIs and all the other varients.

Was on Cymbalta for a while which made me numb and I just wasted my life away for those years more than usual.

Quitting was really hard too. Had a bad withdrawal.
>>
>>29460432
Practically everything you just said is completely wrong.

Take this for instance: >>29460145

Anti-depressants are for depressed people.
Anti-psychotics are designed primarily for the schizophrenic and bipolar.
>>
>>29460145
I'm on sertraline and I feel like it just makes my thoughts go crazy
>>
>>29458553

They're like crutches
It help's but it doesn't cure you.

the end
>>
>>29458553
I'm on sertraline and olanzapine, they're pretty good
>>
>>29458553
I was on sertraline for 3 fucking years and I'm pretty sure it fucked me up permanently. Plus while I was on it, my thoughts and speech were robotic, my sex drive was non-existent (sometimes went months without fapping) and it didn't make me feel happy, just completely numb.
Coming off it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever experienced, felt tired, had brain zaps and was extremely moody for months. I'd recommend stopping before you start but if you're extremely depressed you could give them a try but I warn you that being on it too long will fuck you up.
>>
>>29458553
They either help or they don't, tell your psychiatrist about it. Don't quit them cold turkey because you'll get bad withdrawals. If you have major depression you'll probably be on them forever. Have fun.

t. venlafaxine 250mg
>>
>>29460857
When the dose of olanzapine was high I didn't feel nuffin. Was worse than before my psychosis when I was depressive all the time. But it could be the after effect of the psychosis they said.

Also the amount of sleepiness with that stuff. I was sleepy all day, every day.
>>
>>29458553
>SSRI
NIGGA HEEELLL NAAAWWW
>>
>>29458553
idk about lexapro but on Zoloft, if I'm off of it for a while I feel terrible, and I cant cum when I msterbate. All SSRI or whatever kills any chance of masterbation and or sex (if your a normie)
>>
>>29461052
This. I have too much to lose. I'm already competent at being a silent little ghost wasting his life, why would I want to shoot all my potential ferocity and passion in its head forever?
>>
I'm on Zoloft. It's shit.

>>29462154
This. Although I'm a shut in virgin so it doesn't matter
>>
Lexapro made me sleep all the time. On Prozac now.

I know SSRIs are memes but I can't quit or else I lose it. Maybe it's a placebo effect but I feel like they "work" on me. Not make me happier, but do something.
>>
>>29462687
they're not memes anon. but people take them when they don't need them or they think they need them.
>>
I was on Celexa and Zoloft, but I didn't stay on the Zoloft long enough to get any actual effects. The Celexa didn't do much for my depression, killed what little sex drive I had, and gave me insane dreams. I also had an extremely difficult time sleeping during that period, and I think it may have played some role. Personally, Wellbutrin works a lot better for me. That's not to say SSRI's won't work for you, they just didn't help me much.

I'm on a combo of Wellbutrin as an antidepressant, gabapentin as a mood stabilizer, and Seroquel as another mood stabilizer and anxiolytic. I'm also prescribed lithium as an antidepressant and mood stabilizer, but I don't take it. My current main diagnosis is MDD, but I experience hypomania so I'm really closer to bipolar type 2.
>>
>>29462596
If it's shit, why are you still on it?
>>29460207
Yeah, that's real fucking sustainable. Do you actually do that, or is this conjecture? Have you ever actually spent a whole month on benzo's? I have, and it isn't pretty.
>>
>>29462846
Same here, though I have a huge tolerance. I went through 100mgs of Xanax last weekend and now I'm munching on some long lasting flubs so I won't get withdrawals.
>>
>>29462909
By flub I assume you mean flubromazepam because that's the one with a long half line. Have you ever fucked around with flubromazolam? That shit is fucking insane. It's some suicide tier shit.
>>
>>29462929
I have. I have never blacked out on benzos and alcohol before, but I took 0.25mgs of lam and half a shot of 40%, instant black out, 3 hours lost.

Never again, that shit is dangerous.
>>
>>29462846
>If it's shit, why are you still on it?

No point changing anything at this stage. What I mean is it didn't really help at all, still terrible in social events
>>
>>29458553
It really helps... Anxiety... Who tf prescribed you lexipro for depression??
>>
>>29459784
...Hedgehogs dilemma???
>>
Just recently prescribed with Major Depressive Disorder, going to doctors in a few days to get something prescribed, wish me luck.
>>
>>29462975
There are a shitload of medications out there. Unless you're preparing to kill yourself, assuming you're going to have more psychiatrist visits, tell them it isn't working and say you want to try something else.
>>29462955
My most impressive binge was 7.5 milligrams of flam and a hundred milligrams of etizolam, backed up by heroin, meth, oxycodone, weed, and alcohol. I essentially don't remember March. I had like five seizures when I ended up in withdrawal.
>>
>>29463024
I meant diagnosed with MDD.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 680x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 680x443
>>29459233
YES. Yeezy senpai
>>
>>29463079
>write a shitty rap line that doesn't even make sense when you know how that med works
>YEEZY IS A FUCKING GOD

Fuck off /mu/
>>
>>29463031
I never had it that bad. I binged on about 15 grams of speed for a month coupled with alcohol, and occasional LSD, then a full month of flubromazepam which must've been around 200mgs, and around 2000mgs of Methylphenidate during both binges, then Xanax and diclazepam to taper off, never had withdrawals. Was clean for a month and now back to benzos and alcohol for a bit, though getting back into shape at the same time.
>>
>20mg cipralex
>no effect

kill me
>>
>>29463221
When did you start? It takes forever to start doing something.
>>
>>29463238
Probably 3 or 4 months? I can't remember.
>>
>>29463152
Trust me, you don't want benzo withdrawals. Using a long lasting one probably saved your ass. Though they do give you Librium right away (or at least they're supposed to), so if you ever find yourself starting to withdraw hard, just go to the hospital or something and you'll be fine.
>>
>>29460920
Man that sucks. Sertraline has basically saved my life, and I've only had the emotional-numbness side effect
>>
>>29458553
I hate the side effects of SSRI. However I'm a sperg so every little irritation bothers me a lot, your might be more tolerant to them. They do work though.
>>
>>29462821
I'm on Celexa right now and can agree on the dream thing, also had a super hard time sleeping the first month of taking it. Not sure if it's working anymore, I felt fine for awhile but now I feel even worse, but that's probably because everyone around me is moving ahead in life faster.
>>
>>29464711
I really don't have a high opinion of Celexa. And if you feel like it's not doing enough, there are various things which can be added for a supportive effect.
>>
File: IMG_20160622_212052.jpg (682 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160622_212052.jpg
682 KB, 1600x1200
It's shit, makes you tired and bored as fuck and increased my night terrors.
>>
>>29465021
I've said this like three times in this thread, but if something isn't working for you (and you've given it the appropriate amount of time to work), get the hell off of it and try something else. It's that simple.
>>
>>29465171

if you talk to doctors, the "appropriate of time to work" is like six months lol
>>
>>29465171
I used it for a year and glad I've gotten rid of it. Fuck pills. Weed is all you need unironically.
>>
File: 1167 - Z8BHwCY.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1167 - Z8BHwCY.png
9 KB, 401x367
>>29465296
>tfw weed made depression and anxiety worse.
>>
>>29465021
I have these too only 15 mg, for my depression and anxiety issues. I don't feel change in my anxiety, but I don't feel that suicidal anymore like I did before. I only get indeed heavier nightmares and I am always tired as fuck, I can sleep the whole day.
>>
>>29465419
That sucks, it made mine better and I barely have night terrors anymore. I was a longtime smoker before that so that may be it.
>>29465440
It sucks the life out of you but it stops those suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>29465419

Same. At first it helped a bit, but then I started getting severe panic attacks and got super depressed when baked. When you're stoned and thinking about all the bad shit that happened in your life its not a good feeling man, it really isn't.
>>
>>29465466
I used to smoke for a good amount a time. one day it just sent me off and made my issues 500% worse.

>>29465480
Yep, fucked me up real good.
>>
>>29465552
>>29465480
Sorry to hear about that. As long as it benefits me I'll keep doing it and otherwise I quit.
>>
>meme pills
>just wait 3 months and when it doesn't work try a drug with a nearly identical MoA for another couple of months. repeat until your life changes independantly of the drug and conclude that you have found the right med
>enjoy never getting an erection again too
it's all a placebo senpai, it's meant for sad normies going through break ups who are too lazy to go to psychotherapy
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.