[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just rubbed my head a little and this came out how do I cure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 20160622_081605.jpg (1 MB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
20160622_081605.jpg
1 MB, 1959x1469
I just rubbed my head a little and this came out

how do I cure myself, r9k?
>>
Head and Shoulders always did the trick for me
>>
>>29458161
tried, doesnt work
>>
Cold showers, or at least use cold water exclusively on your scalp. Little to no shampoo.
>>
vacuum
>>
vitamin A (retinol not some faggy beta carotene from carrots), b6
>>
>>29458174
nizoral shampoo. Also helps with balding reportedly.
>>
>>29458137
I don't shampoo my hair only like once every month if my hair becomes way too crazy and oily, and usually a day after I use shampoo this happens
>>
No, you white faggots. Drink water, stop showering daily, and stop using shampoo. Use baking soda. Take cold showers

Chemicalizing your scalp daily is adding to the problem
>>
>>29458137
How often do you shower? If it's not at least once per day, shower more.

If you live in a dry climate, you might need to moisturize. Is your skin dry anywhere else?
>>
>>29458234
>stop showering daily
There's nothing wrong with showering daily, but you don't need to use soap/shampoo unless you're actually dirty or covered in something greasy. Just water will take off excess body oil without drying your skin and clean you well enough.
>>
>>29458137
T-Gel does the trick. It's basically an advanced version of head a shoulders. I still have to wash my hair everyday mind you, but my dandruff is no longer noticeable
>>
>>29458234
Op this guy is right listen to him.
Except the cold shower..that does jack shit.
>>
Try nizoral
>>
>>29458137
head and shoulders desu senpai
>>
File: 0840 - 3uCgVld.png (8 KB, 405x382) Image search: [Google]
0840 - 3uCgVld.png
8 KB, 405x382
>>29458137
lol i just rubbed/scratched my head really hard and not a flake of dandruff fell out
dandruff might be a genetic thing
>>
>>29458137
I THOUGHT YOU MEANT YOUR PENIS HEAD
>>
>>29458137
>Positivo
Como e ser pobre, OP?
>>
File: mysterious fluid.png (678 KB, 640x476) Image search: [Google]
mysterious fluid.png
678 KB, 640x476
>>29459585
wtf i just tried that and this stuff came out???!
>>
Just cut off your head
>>
>>29458161
Head and Shoulders contains nothing to prevent dandruff. It's 100% false advertising and you'd be just as well off with any other type shampoo.

I'm only dandruff-free as long as a shower regularly with the stuff I buy at the pharmacy.
>>
>>29458268
Actually it is bad for your skin. Do it like the French do and skip at least a day.
>>
>>29458233
Once every month?
I need to do that once every 3-4 days otherwise my hair become oily as fuck
>>
>>29459669
vai tomar no cu playboy, aposto que e do sul ou de sao paulo viado
>>
File: images (2).jpg (4 KB, 121x121) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
4 KB, 121x121
>>29458176
>>29458234
>>29458268
>>29459883

>don't use shampoo, your scalp naturally cleans itself
>don't use soap, your skin naturally cleans itself
>don't brush, your teeth naturally clean themselves
>don't wipe, your asshole naturally cleans itself
>>
>No mechanical keyboard
>First time dealing with dandruff

Get out reeeeeee
>>
>>29460605
>greentext and reaction images make me unable to think logically anymore
i'm so sorry
>>
>Have dandruff for the past 6 years at least
>tried all kinds of anti-dandruff shampoo
>tried not using any shampoo at all and just rinse my hair off with cold water for 8 weeks and nothing
>tried using shampoo and rinsing with cold water for 8 weeks
>it just won't go away
Guess I'll just live with it
>>
>>29458137
I have terrible psoriasis on my scalp on even shaking my head in the slightest results in a flurry of dandruff. It's disgusting and is my biggest insecurity
>>
>>29461499
>>29461609
I used to have pretty bad dandruff and flaking too. I tried all kinds of shampoos, even tried vinegar, yogurt, and mouthwash (not together) because I read online that it would help.

I'm not sure when it went away. I just shower at least once per day, more if I've been sweating. No shampoo. I think the biggest thing is not letting excess oil and sweat build up on your scalp.
>>
>>29458137
cut your hair short
>>
>>29461488
>my position is being BTFO so instead of responding rationally I'll make a retarded insult

Apology accepted anon
>>
>>29458234
>Baking soda isnt a chemical.

Idiot
>>
File: 5465435435.jpg (24 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
5465435435.jpg
24 KB, 500x374
>cure
>dandruff
no you're stuck with this for life

I have tried everything, Head&Shoulders, that blue shit, cold showers, I even shave my fucking head and still deal with this shit. At this point it's just a part of life and I deal with it accordingly. When I shave half of what's on the razor is dead skin. It's fucking disgusting but at least you can't tell by looking at my scalp.
>>
>>29462226
Mine went away once I changed my food eating habits, do you eat shit food a lot?
>>
>>29462251
I mean i'm not vegan or anything but i don't eat fast food tier shit either.
>>
>>29462171
>responding rationally to an irrational post
nah
>>
>>29462226
>>29458137
For me the only thing that has worked is getting a plain moisturiser (i use aqueous cream) and massaging it into my scalp about half an hour before i wash my hair. I use a lot of it, to the point where it isnt absorbed into the skin anymore and covers it in a layer. Then just wash as usual (i found vosene shampoo works a bit). Its gone away almost completely with this method, an ive tried all the shampoos etc recommended
>>
>>29458137
I used to have similar problems and used head and shoulders every day and it did not cure it.

I started taking 2x fish oil every day and it cured it 100%. Try it out OP
>>
Hey op. Try pine tar soap and t gel.

Also get your hair cut regularly. Give your scalp room to breathe
>>
>>29462380
I'm going to try fish oil because you're the second person to suggest this
>>
>>29461609
>>29462081
Also have psoriasis (though not too bad) and kind of get the same.

I have longer hair (just below shoulder length) and it is now much more annoying than with shorter hair. I either have to choose between washing my hair every day and having super frizzy hair but little itching/flakes, or washing it every 2-3 days (still shower everyday, just not washing hair) and having hair that looks and feels better but my scalp irritation goes crazy.

I tried head+shoulders stuff a couple times but it demolishes my hair worse than daily showering and really only extends the time until flakes and irritation starts by 12-24 hours. Also tried baking soda/vinegar which did about the same as the head+shoulders without fucking up my hair (apple cidar vinegar actually a pretty good conditioner, just stinks if not rinsed enough). Also got a prescription (mometasone lotion or something) for the psoriasis that temporarily helps with the irritation but not really the flakes.
>>
>>29462209
I think he means "it's not a chemical that rips all the oils out of your hair and scalp". Shampoos have sulphates in them that remove all of the oil build up which causes the scalp to over-produce oil to replace it, which leads to very oily hair in a shorter time, odor and scalp irritation/dandruff.
>>
>>29462670

Why do people still believe this retarded shit? I bet you think toads give you warts too
>>
What works for me is to make sure all of the shampoo is out of my hair. I even use a small hairbrush to help remove the shampoo.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 197x256
Op, if the other suggestions in this thread don't work, or you want to skip them use this stuff. It's called Therapeutic T Gel, or coal tar gel. There are off-brand versions that are cheaper.

This stuff is extremely strong. You don't need to use it every time you wash your hair. Once a week will probably be good, or even less. Just use it when your scalp feels itchy and it will cure dandruff for several days.
>>
Nizoral is all that's going to help. You can get it at walmart even.
The bottle says to use it like twice a week, and normalfags online say you shouldn't wash your hair everyday. That works for people with good genes, but us genetic freaks with dandruff and scaling will need to use it daily just to keep it at bay. Maybe if we stop washing our hair for half a year, it'll sort itself out, but if we have a job or are out in public at all, we can't wait that long.

Make sure you rub it in well, lather for a whole minute. Count out the seconds if you have to.
>>
>>29460605
>slippery slope
>Facebook-tier picture
Pathetic.
>>
Even my eye brows get dandruff.
>>
>>29463571

It's not a slippery slope, it's literally the exact same reasoning applied to other body parts

And I'm not even addressing the retardation of thinking your skin has some kind of oil-level sensors that go "OH SHIT not enough oil out here, better make more!". Show me what actual physiological structure on the skin does that and I'll stfu. In reality your skin produces oil without a feedback loop, and people misinterpret the difference in 3-day-old sebum (dull) and new sebum (shiny) as "It's dull, therefore there's less oil" when in reality it's actually MORE oil except it's less apparent. See: "shaving makes hair grow back faster" myth.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.