[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>third day of office wageslavery >want to die >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1466360941169.jpg (148 KB, 460x590) Image search: [Google]
1466360941169.jpg
148 KB, 460x590
>third day of office wageslavery
>want to die
>can't afford to be a NEET anymore
>trying not to cry as I think of another boring day of pointless work

Guys how do I deal with this shit? Does it ever get easier?
>>
>>29456960
change perspective. it's important to keep in mind that working entails opportunity, provides an income that you can use to enjoy yourself or further your own goals outside the job.

in a years time, you'll be eligible for a raise.

also remember that a great many people do not have a job, and resort to more sordid ways of sustaining themselves.

I've done manual labor for all of my wage slavery. It annoys me seeing people essentially complain about having a cushy job.
>>
I don't want to sound like an asshole but I want to be honest with you. Had three years of office work. These were the worst years of my life. When I thought it couldn't get worse, this shit job found a way to make me more miserable.

Maybe it won't be so bad for you. But in my experience...let all hope go. Welcome to hell.
>>
>>29457034

It's my first full-time job. I get good benefits and stuff, and I got lucky getting it at all apparently, but it feels like all I do is go to work. I've not had time to do anything I enjoy since starting on Monday. I'm also very nervous about not being good enough to do this well.

Also, manual labor feels good in a way and gets you exercise; I just sit in a cubicle and enter numbers from papers into a computer all day.
>>
>>29457034
>in a years time, you'll be eligible for a raise.
Please stop projecting your TV inspired ideals of white collar working onto the thread. It doesn't work like that. Most people will work for years before they are even considered to be moved to a position or greater responsibility.

A "raise" involves higher qualifications and most of all, having the company want to put you in such a position for their own benefit. 999 out of every 1000 robots will never become said individual, who are already an extreme minority in the workplace.

>I've done manual labor for all of my wage slavery
Yeah, it's a lot different to the corporate/office world. Trust me.
>>
>>29457069
I don't watch TV. If you're not getting a raise after a year ~ year+8 months, you may as well quit. That's what I'd do, not blame my social anxiety or whatever the fuck for not sticking up for myself, and certainly not stick around and kiss ass for some faggot in a suit.
>>
>>29457148

>So Anon. Your CV shows you have changed jobs a lot. What happened there?
>>
>>29457169
Not a problem unless you get fired. You change jobs as long as there are people willing to hire you, if you don't have an offer you don't quit your current one.
>>
>>29457066
>I'm also very nervous about not being good enough to do this well
Everybody goes through that. Unless you've been doing the exact same thing for years, this shit will happen every time you're given more responsibilities
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.