[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boat ramp etiquette So I've been taking my canoe out to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Boat Launch 2.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Boat Launch 2.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
Boat ramp etiquette

So I've been taking my canoe out to this lake, parking at the chamber of commerce welcome center which has a boat ramp.

I load my canoe right by my car and make sure that when I'm on the ramp everything is all packed and I can just jump in and go.

When I was coming back after paddling for a few hours, these 3 yuppies, 2 frat boy Chads and 1 stacy were launching their jet skis. They seriously had their truck on the ramp for about 25 minutes and even after all their boats were in they just hung out on the ramp for awhile, blocking it.

Does it really take that long to unload a small jet ski from a trailer? I was able to untie my huge 100 pound canoe from my car by myself, portage it 50 feet or so with 120 pounds of sandbags+ my gear, and paddle out to the middle of the lake faster than it took them to unload their tiny jet skis.

I wanted to yell at them to move since I was tired and wanted to get out and relax, but I have no prior boating experience and I didn't know if they were in the wrong or not. Were they? One of the guys immediately asked me to move my boat once it hit the ramp so he could put another jet ski in. I was like damn dude I was going to move it anyway.

I don't leave my canoe chilling on the ramp, I wait for others to go first, but is their behavior acceptable?

I feel like they were just some rich douchebags I should have said something to.
>>
Is this in Wisconsin? Looks like its near the yacht club my parents belong to
>>
>>29454027
litreally >>>/out/
anon why the fuck are you asking here and not on /out/ or something?

I have unironically never seen a lake in my life, it's been years since I've even seen any natural body of water
>>
>>29454073

I did post it on /out/, newsflash: /out/ is slow.

And these were chads. CHADS. Hogging the boat ramp. I want to see what robots have to say.
>>
>>29454120
Drive your car onto the ramp, run them over, and keep driving right into the lake. It's the only option.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.