[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You heard it right here robots. Stop acting like you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 240x136) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 240x136
You heard it right here robots. Stop acting like you're depressed all the time. Just get over it already!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykvC3QXJb18
>>
>>29451746
This nigger is all over normiebook. He always has some faggy poem about how social media is bad but then promotes all his social media bullshit.

A lot of black guys try to act philosophical and deep, but they never actually say anything with substance
>>
You're right. Adam Lanza the manza would want me to be happy!
>>
>>29451816
Kind of like Jaden Smith?
>>
OP here. Do you guys have a screenshot of the one thread where someone asked why anyone would kill themselves?
>>
>>29451746
the black cloud passing by is pretty fucking huge
>>
The black clouds leave but they are always followed by more black clouds

Fuck your metaphor negro
>>
Not everyone is meant to rise from their ashes. My ashes will be used in compost
>>
When will the black and brown clouds leave my fucking country?
>>
>>29452235
Just bee yourself and get rid of those black and brown clouds in your own best way anon :^)
>>
>>29451746
I mean, he's absolutely right if he's talking about normie depression; I've often seen people say they're depressed because their 6month S.O. left them, or because of bad grades, etc.

So of course, if aimed at people that get "depressed" over that kind of stuff; yeah sure it comes and goes, and in few weeks/months they'll be back to their normal life.

If he speaks about true depression though, he's a complete retard. I haven't left my house in 6 years, gave all hope of life. Before I dreamed to gather the valor to take my life away but I just stopped caring even about that; my life since I was born sucked so hard, in every single aspect of my life I've always been so unlucky, it's like I'm not supposed to be here anymore.

I myself, despite what doctors say, and I know it's objectively true, don't consider myself "depressed"; because this is how I am, this is how I've been since day1 of my life.

It's not a state or mood that "makes me feel down"; I've always had this kind of problems.

TL;DR if hes talking about normies ' depression hes right, if not then absolutely wrong. Good video however.
>>
>"If they went then the sky would go too."

Made me think of all the people that kill themselves, and made me feel bad.
>>
>>29451746
Except for the diagnosis...
>>
Investigating a little more, this nigger also said: "Everybody has depression through some point of their lives" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLhiZEa9f8

here's the link, he says it at 00:45 or so; so yeah he's obviously not talking about real depression but that little sadness normieshits dont feel when stuff doesnt go their way.
>>
>>29452736
yes, he's talking about how chad gets the 'blues' because he hasn't fucked prime pussy for 2 days
>>
>be in uni library
>see attractive female about my age
>walk up to her
>'excuse me, am i ugly'?

is this weird
>>
>>29451816
This. Hes the normie philosopher. In school kids talk about him a lot
Im a senior so not underage
>>
>>29452819
fucking this. normie version of depression is not real depression. I have a normie stacey sister who acts all sad if she doesnt go out for A SINGLE WEEKEND when i have been a KHV my entire life and have never done anything except sit alone on a computer
>>
>>29451746
Why the fuck would I take advise from a normie whose never dealt with the things I've dealt with
>>
This monkey has no fucking idea what depression is. My mother has suffered from chronic depression for over 40 years and this guy has the nuts to claim depression is something you can "get over with". Fuck him
>>
>>29451746
You are a nigger, stop it!
>>
File: 1443083604874.jpg (83 KB, 588x424) Image search: [Google]
1443083604874.jpg
83 KB, 588x424
>>29452736
>i havent left my house in 6 years
And you're wondering why you're fucking depressed retard?

Quit being a fucking pussy.
>>
He's right, even though he sugarcoats it and delivers it in this "gentle" fashion, he should have been more harsh

So here is the non-left wing feel good horseshit version:

Depression somehow has become a fucking "identity" these days. It's so chic to go around saying you're depressed.

It's fucking irritating. There's almost an industry built around it with buzzfeed and tumblr and other shitty sites trying to capitalize on depression chic.

The great thing about depression is it can't be empirically measured, and people claim it has no outside factors, so even the most well to do stacies can claim depression for the sympathy points.

Stop identifying as depressed. Instead say that you have low moods because of social isolation, or poor diet, or because of actual real mental illness. Depression is a fucking joke.
>>
I'm not even going to watch the video. But I can already guess the format of the video:

>Starts off the video with a blanket statement that is the title of the video
>Proceeds to give "have to be cruel to be kind, tough love" advice, pull up your bootstraps etc.
>Insults you while at the same time being contradictory and telling you you're better than what he's claiming you to be
>Ends the video on a more "somber, deep" note
>All the normies in the comments are eating it up

I don't even have to open the video. Depression is a serious issue and I hate seeing it trivialized.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>29451746
Good points in the video op. made me feel better. still cant talk to grils or leave the house but at least i can get up out of this sunken chair.
>>
>>29453626
Not to mention he's a disgusting nigger ape.

I hate niggers so fucking much.
>>
>>29452736

Jesus loves you, anon
>>
>>29453401

>managed to find a man to reproduce with
>managed to raise a family
>is a woman, so everything in society is designed to help her
>despite me being a shut in virgin who has no hope or no future, I have to sit here and accept that she is just as or more deserving of sympathy than me because "muh chemical imbalance"

Yeah, nah fuck off. Depression as an illness doesn't exist.

What is described as "true depression" is a low mood caused by things that are hard to control, like prolonged social isolation or being in a state where it's hard to change your future.

"fake depression" is what your mother had. Thinking your way into a depression to score sympathy points.
>>
>>29452736
>I haven't left my house in 6 years
Stopped reading right there. You don't have any thing wrong with you, you're just a bitch. If you went outside and just enjoyed the weather, you'd feel way better.
>>
Letting a nigger tell you are the sky and depression is clouds.

>AYY LMAO
>>
>you are not depressed
then why can't i form friendships, relationships, socialize with women and leave my house? i can't do these things and i can't explain why, even though i used to be able to do them.

no one has time for anything anymore, thats all i hear these days.
i guess i'm the only one with time to burn.
>>
Yeah, chances are you aren't depressed, and ARE a faggot crybaby non-man.

If you have a reason that you're depressed (I'm a fucking loser, I'm short, ect) YOU ARE NOT CHRONICALLY DEPRESSED, YOU ARE JUST A LOSER.

Keep looking for pity though and saying nigger like it makes you look cool.

Depression/ADHD/OCD is real though and I'm not saying mental illnesses aren't, but most people are fake ass cry babies.
>>
He's not saying you can, "get over it", he's saying that it isn't you, you're just witnessing the depression, so don't let it identify you. When you let something identify you, you're not subject to change, mentally. Infact, this is the first step you need to do inorder to make yourself better. You can dwell in your illness all you want, it doesn't prove this guy wrong. I was suffering depression/anxiety and suffered for many years straight until I realized it's all on me, and that I have to push it aside the best I can work on myself better, even though I'm not 100% cured, I am better off right now. No one else is going to pick you up. People need to realize that everyone is suffering, some people are better at sedating themselves from the pain and focus on other shit like the majority of normies. You're not a special unique snowflake because you're suffering, you're a fucking retard too lazy to do anything about it than sit and cry all day.
>>
>>29452736
>waaaaah muh problems are bigger than your problems!!! :(((( only MY problems are allowed to cause depression :((((((( !!!!!!
>>
>>29454820
Some people have fucked up brain, a.k.a chemical unbalances and that makes them unable to enjoy normie things. Sure with exercise and good diet you can fix some of these unbalances, but some people will never be normal from their brain. For example, REAL adhd patients suffer from abnormal dopamine levels.

But this video can help some people for sure. I recovered from undiagnosed depression and anxiety like this.
>>
Who purposely doesnt want to get better just so they can keep leeching off the system here?
>>
>>29453375
You're a normalfag yourself, self evaluating based on the experiences of others.

Fuck off, depression is internal, not external.
>>
oh god not this nigger faggot again

>ayoo people be on dem phones an dat
>>
>>29453830
Fuck off you reality denying little cunt. "muh chemical imbalance" is a real fucking thing. Those "chemical imbalances" can change how your body functions entirely so don't you fucking dare try to suggest that neurochemistry has no impact on the rest of the body.

You're a self manchild who is unable to comprehend things you don't have direct exeprience with.
>>
>>29456003

>depression is internal, not external.

This meme seriously needs to die. Because when normies with good lives want to ascribe low mood to some magical imbalance that no scientist can measure, it stops society from looking at the problems that cause real depression, like social isolation.
We are being harmed by selfish normies who just want sympathy points

>>29456049

Look into the whole history of the "chemical imbalance" phrase. It came from an old theory from the 70's called the monoamine theory which hypothesized that depression was caused by chemicals. This was based on the fact that peoples moods were lifted when they ingested chemicals.
This theory was always shaky. But drug companies desperately tried to push it so they could sell their products. And now normies are pushing it to gain sympathy despite having good lives
>>
File: 1466402410667.jpg (9 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
1466402410667.jpg
9 KB, 231x244
> Fucking niggers/poor people/minorities, just pull yourselves up by your bootstraps. Why don't you just become rich?

> REEEE, don't question my depression and muh chemical imbalances which prevent me from improving myself.
>>
this is not philosophy

the moment you start talking about laughable allegories you are leaving the domain of philosophy
>>
>>29456137
this

unless you're genetically abnormal and have brain imbalances 99% of depression is caused by external factors. you can "cure" most depression by simply cutting off toxic people in your life (which you might not recognize since you were mired in their shit for so long) and changing life factors.

attributing unhappiness and personal problems to some nebulous catch all depression is encouraging and perpetuating the real problems like shitty people and shitty society.

fucking jew drug companies and normies who can't ever blame social systems I swear
>>
>>29456145
I don't like how negroes talk. it's off. like they don't have any introspection.

I agree with the message that depression is mostly bullshit.
>>
>>29451746
Great advice! I should stop identifying with depression, since depression is a passing cloud!
>>
File: 1459858364636.jpg (167 KB, 900x521) Image search: [Google]
1459858364636.jpg
167 KB, 900x521
>>29452235
Caught me off guard, I laughed.
>>
>>29451746
Motivational speeches don't help because people with actual depression have problems with their serotonin levels. It's more than just feeling down. People with depression need professional help, not some dumbass that says analogies and "wise" words
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 750x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 750x905
>>29451746
Noice
G
G
>>
>>29451746
."Depression, frustration, sadness-These are passing clouds. They come, they go...sometimes they pepper the sky, and sometimes they feel the sky, but they always come and go."
That's not true. They always fill the sky, and it's the rays of light breaking through that come and go. It's the glimpses of a blue sky that comes and goes. I've learned to live for the rain and the lightning, and that I wouldn't be able to see each sunbeam for what it was if the sky were filled with them.

>"If depression, frustration, and sadness were you, then if they went, you would go. But that's not what happens is it?"
Yes, it is. That's almost precisely what happens. I feel wistful, grieved, miserable, angry, frustrated, spiteful, anxious, blue, and generally sad and angry constantly, with moments of laughter interspersed throughout it. When I manage to make it so that it's, as much as possible, just me feeling blue with bits of laughter peppered throughout it, that's my balance, and I've come to accept that, and to acknowledge that such an existence is completely worthwhile and to be happy with it.

When that goes away, I'm fucking dead inside, and I can't feel ANYTHING. Everything looks grey, sounds grey, feels grey, tastes grey, and smells grey. My brain is in a fog where I can't seem to find or lay hold of any thought without it dissapating into the mist. I don't want to live or do anything, but at the same time, I don't want to die or to do nothing. Eating, drinking, taking a piss, and satisfying addictions all lose their power to drag me out of bed. It feels like I'm drowning while I can see everybody around me breathing, and it takes a herculean strength to do something like shave.

When I finally get myself out of that state, the first thing to greet me is grief and sadness and hurt, and I fucking welcome and appreciate it for my ability to feel it.

>>29452736
>TL;DR if hes talking about normies ' depression hes right, if not then absolutely wrong.
This.
>>
>>29457794
And while I'm at it, let me say this: Real depression isn't like a fucking craving or a flashback or an episode. You can't just "observe it" and watch it go by. It will fucking DESTROY you if you aren't fighting it with every last ounce of strength you have and for everything that you love or give even the slightest fuck about, and it will fucking destroy you then anyway. At best, you can tread water, but if you stop for even a second, you are going to fucking drown. And when you sleep? Have fun waking up a million fathoms deep and having to swim all the way to the surface with no light and no air just to reach the fucking surface, take a breath, and begin treading water all over again. (See? I can make up shitty metaphors, too!)

Seriously. The sad truth of the matter is that you have to fucking fake it and smile for people and fight with all your nonexistent strength even when you feel like a zombie for days or weeks or months on end, and hope (not that you tangibly have any hope) that you'll break through eventually and feel SOMETHING, and you have to do it while resisting the temptation of things that will make you feel something right away but drag you further down in the end.

Fuck, I swear that most people must think that feeling grieved and hurt a little is the real deal. It's not.

>>29452770
Also, this. Fucking THIS. It destroys people.
>>
File: 1452298592209s.jpg (7 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
1452298592209s.jpg
7 KB, 250x194
hey guys vote to define robotdom please

>>29457892/
>>
>>29451962
and the problems that caused it are things I can never change no matter what
>>
>>29457968
It's easier to define what it's not.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-22-13-23-23.png (219 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-22-13-23-23.png
219 KB, 540x960
This Mia is a prima example of a normie with a "depression disorder".
>>
>>29451746
just report him as bullying now thats an option
>>
>>29453573
you forgot to tell him to just be confident bro
>>
>>29451746
Every time I see a faggot with a beard holding up their finger I think of Islam. Thanks terrorism.
>>
>>29453573
>>29454029
>implying this is the cause and not a consequence
kys
>>
>>29453093
This could really nice Ice-breaker if you're funny and can follow it up with some jokes
>>
I've come to understand that I will never be capable of an existence that is considered mentally healthy or stable. My 'depression' is a part of my being the same way my limbs are, without it I am crippled.

It's this realisation that's lead me to the path I'm on. I've stopped my pursuit of happiness because of its total and utter futility. It's no more possible for me to achieve than it would be for me to sprout wings and fly to the moon.

My goal in life now is helping other people, no matter the extent to which I suffer for it. Currently I'm a volunteer ambulance officer and put every second of my free time outside of work towards it. I run myself ragged because being exhausted or stressed or witnessing horrible things are just a different state of the same quality to what I've dealt with my whole life. I've changed my major to paramedical science in order to pursue this further. It brings me no joy or feelings of worth, but it gives me the ability to help others who can do the thing I desire most, that is to live good, happy lives.

Maybe if I do this long enough one day I might feel like my existence was worth it after all.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.