[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you a nihilist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: nihilism.jpg (189 KB, 1279x706) Image search: [Google]
nihilism.jpg
189 KB, 1279x706
Why aren't you a nihilist?
>>
File: bounce.gif (328 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
bounce.gif
328 KB, 400x307
I am laderooni
>>
File: LifesGreatestQuestion.png (195 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
LifesGreatestQuestion.png
195 KB, 612x612
>>29450876

Because I'm an absurdist.
>>
Why does it matter?\

OOOOOOOOO
>>
>>29450876
switch the two pictures and you have the reality

see: this entire board, >>>/lgbt/
>>
Because Taoism is superior in every way.
>>
>>29450931
They're not nihilists, they're just depressed little fuccbois
>>
>>29450876
Bc I'm not a little angsty teenage faggot
>>
>>29450935
>missing the point of taoism
>>
>Nihilism: there is no meaning
>if nihilism is true, then there is no meaning
>if nihilism is true, then nihilism doesn't mean anything
>something that doesn't mean anything cannot be true or false because it would have no propositional content
>if nihilism is true, then nihilism is neither true nor false
>>
File: 1465964960961.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1465964960961.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
>>29451026
Now you're getting it

oroginal
>>
>>29451026
>Caring
You are doing it wrong.
>>
Because I'm too busy trying to force myself to believe in Christianity, but it's hard.
>>
>>29450918

I like the idea of just enjoying the meaninglessness of life to the bitter end. I'm with you there.
>>
File: 1440252142022.png (730 KB, 1198x1610) Image search: [Google]
1440252142022.png
730 KB, 1198x1610
>>29451069
this

>>1315964

religion is a coping mechanism once you face your failure of your life, just like other contrived fantasizes, your faith in the scientific method included.

Religions are meant to leave material-bodily hedonism, travels, concerts, foods, sex and so on, for a spiritual hedonism, through prayers for theists and mediation for atheists.
Plenty of material hedonist love to think of themselves as less hedonistic than they are, since it improves their hedonism in thinking that they are not animals...most people who claim to be religious are not all, it is just the way they are.
In buddhism, you even leave this spiritual hedonism, after you have gained it, which is called jhanas, since you understand that this bliss from prayers, which is just a great, but not perfect concentration-stilness, are not personal nor permanent and that you are still prone to avidity and aversion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.