[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>like music and really want to become a producer one day >finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
>like music and really want to become a producer one day
>finally get my hands on FL studio and give it a try
>am awful friend says I should get a MIDI keyboard and everything will be way easier
>get keyboard and go home and start using it
>am still trash asf
>try for 2 hours and still cant do anything right

Should I just quit? I really want to produce so bad but im shit at it. Do any actual producers have any tips or things I should know so I wont be so trash??
>>
yeah bro you've tried for a whole two hours bro you should just realize it's never gonna happen
>>
Well what do you want me to do???
>>
>>29450217
kek.

good post.
>>
File: 1440987083849.png (472 KB, 669x525) Image search: [Google]
1440987083849.png
472 KB, 669x525
>>29450200
why the living, bleeding, flying, fucking, flaming hell would you post this on /pol/
goddam son
>>
File: 1465723344041.png (145 KB, 605x482) Image search: [Google]
1465723344041.png
145 KB, 605x482
being a "producer" is basically being a cuck plus
>fl studio
>>
This isn't /pol/??????

oregano
>>
>>29450200
>FL studio
Kek, guud 1 mate

>2 hours
>Give up

I've been trying to make one decent track to post for well over a month investing 5+ hours a day, and haven't even got it halfway done

Quit being such a pathetic cuck, did you think youd ever do a decent job in 2 hours?
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
>>29450200
Have you ever studied music?
Do you know what a scale, a chord, a tone are?
If you do, then just use a simple piano vst to draft a melody or some chords.
Once you have something, search for a more fitting vst.

It also depends on the genre you want to do.
If you're aiming at big room house/edm then just crack Nexus and make what everybody else is doing.
>>
>>29450259
>/pol/

got bad news for you bro
>>
Im using Nexus but im trying to make fucking Trap beats!!!

And is FL studio bad all of a sudden????
>>
>>29450373
>all of a sudden

I've got some news for you, famalam.
You know literally fucking nothing about producing music if you thought FL was an acceptable option
>>
>>29450200
>wants to enter a highly competitive profession
>gives up after 2 hours.

Never change, /r9k/.
>>
God this site is usless. Listen whatever genre you make download a sample pack for it. Find the basics like kicks, snares, hats, perc, ect. Learn how to make basic drum patterns (try busy works beats on youtube), then start developing by adding instruments to the track like pianos, synths, strings, horns, bla bla . Also start researching chords and scales, they are the building blocks of Melody.

>>29450373
Try minor scales bro.
>>
>>29450200
You do anything for 10,000 hours and you're an expert. Try playing around with different instruments than just synths. FL is shit imo, and made for happy hardcore highschoolers posting on NewGrounds in the late 00's/10's.
>>
Don't listen to these scrubs bro the only reason they shit on fl studio is because it has shitty presets but anyone making shit with presets or even the pre installed vst is a fucking maximum pleb and you should disregard anything they have to say about music production. It doesn't matter what you use get some interesting vsts to get started then start making your own sounds.
>>
>after only 2 hours
>Should i just quit

dude unless you are very very retarded the old saying practise makes perfect is true
>>
>>29450200
Please can someone post the uncensored version and more of this girl if it exists
>>
im pretty sure this girl is famous.
>>
>>29450200
1) Ableton Live is objectively better
2) Put that midi keyboard away, your friend doesnt know shit
3) Learn music theory
4) Start by mashing samples together
>>
File: 1458576355627.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458576355627.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>29450677
It's not the same girl idiot. The top one is Victoria Justice bottom one some random whore
>>
>>29450781
don't call me an idiot you worthless piece of shit
>>
File: 1465477530669.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465477530669.jpg
931 KB, 1920x1080
Is a keyboard MIDI controller good for learning to play? Why or why not?
>>
File: Moe Swag.jpg (72 KB, 526x645) Image search: [Google]
Moe Swag.jpg
72 KB, 526x645
Holy shit nigga you must be pretty dense.
I've been producing for 4 years and working on projects for at least an hour everyday, and let me tell you. Unless you're born with an ungodly talent for playing and understanding music, you're going to have to put A LOT of work into it.
I'm just now starting to play small shows and getting my music to the point where I'm comfortable with showing my friends.
So, let me get you started on what you need to do in order to start getting gud at production.
>LEARN FUCKING MUSIC THEORY
This is a HUGE no brainer if you want to get into production. Sure you can go into production and not know what the hell you're doing, making songs that are thrown together, but you can REALLY start writing some complex, and wonderful shit once you understand scales, chord progressions, and melody writing. I've produced for 2 years not knowing music theory, and i've been producing the other 2 years while learning it. Trust me, it gets a whole lot easier and more fun once you learn music theory.
>am awful friend says I should get a MIDI keyboard and everything will be way easier
Well if you dont even know how to play the piano or know anything about music, a keyboard is useless and you're the dumb friend for buying one at this point. Like I said, learn music theory, THEN start producing using a keyboard. It helps SO FUCKING MUCH when writing melodies.

If you have anymore questions anons, please ask away.
>>
dont give up. i started 3 years ago and was total shit for 2.5 years but then i started playibg around with it more. tips: use layers for each sound, use pads and chords, dont be afraid to use presets at all, dont take it hard on yourself if aomeone tells you sonethibg you have made is bad because: a- youre trying b- they probably havent ever made anything c- no shame in trying and experimenting. also i recommend not caring if they are highly repetitive, when i would show mine to get advice kids at school would tel me they were too repetitve but plenty of songs and genres are repetitive (phuture - acid trax, aphex twin - stone in focus, dj sprinkles - midtown 120 blues) most any hip hop intrumental or deep house is really repetitive but since it has lyrics people dont pay it much attention

btw ive worked anywhere from 2 hrs to 7hrs on a song but i havent felt like making anything in a while but some of my music is gonna be on an tv show in a couple months
>>
>>29451289
where did you learn? online, self taught or taking a class?
>>
>>29451981
I was self taught with piano for 2 years, then picked up lessons for music theory and piano.
I started producing by looking at tutorials to get myself used to the UI of FL Studio and a couple of VSTs, along with tutorials on how to make certain genres. Its mostly trial and error when it comes to developing your sound and your music though, you have to learn what is good and bad then learn how to produce music and chords that sound good with your piece of music or part of the song
>>
I made this beat in FL a while back. I don't know any music theory so it's really basic. Is it shit?
https://soundcloud.com/hard-drive-soul/winner
>>
>>29452442
with proper instrumentation and mastering, it wouldn't be too different from regular hip hop beats that white girls get wet to. make sure to resolve that shit properly though.
>>
>>29452442
https://soundcloud.com/shadysun/25i-nbome-not-done

This is some decent layering

https://soundcloud.com/shadysun/im-not-too-sure-myself

This is an example of using meme samples
>>
>>29450200
>2 hours
2 hours isn't even enough time to master compression 2bh
>>
>>29452544
> resolve that shit
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>29452756
Every key revolves around a "main" note. You end on it, in the simplest of explanations.
>>
>>29450200
When I hear studio in Florida, I can think only of death metal.
>>
>>29450200
Keep practicing and also try watching one of the numerous tutorials that they have about flstudio
>>
>>29450200
Fl studio producer here. You need to get a fucking teacher because you are at the piont where you wont get any better without assistance. Watch seamlessR videos on YouTube he covers everything,but youll still need a teacher.
>>
>>29450969
Its a nice controller but some had no modulation wheel or other important knobs.
>>
>>29450217
well if he was making edm he would be selling out clubs in Vegas already
>>
>2 hours into it
>expect not to be shitty
fucking hell mate, I've played games for fucking 80 hours and am still shit and dont come cry here
>>
takes like 3-4 years to produce anything remotely professional quality

unless you're a fuccboi with no creativity and just copy people
>>
>>29451464
how do you network yourself like that when making beats? did you just offer to make beats for people? i'm drumming in a band right now but i really want to start getting into producing as well.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.