[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok, so I need help. I am 18 years old and going to college in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: pepemountain.png (833 KB, 892x720) Image search: [Google]
pepemountain.png
833 KB, 892x720
ok, so I need help. I am 18 years old and going to college in the fall. I was a complete loser in highschool, I had no close friends I could really hang out with, even though I could casually talk to other guys (not girls though.) I think I was "sort of friends" with a lot of close people but not very close to anyone. I spend most of my day in my room on my computer. Over the summer I am working as much as possible to avoid I have no friends after graduating high school.

How do I make myself cool in college and not fuck up like this again?
>>
>>29449926
Get hobbies. Get used to talking to women. Work on that confidence, that body language, charm, and generally grow up. It'll do you good.
>>
File: 1401968411205.jpg (56 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1401968411205.jpg
56 KB, 960x540
>>29449926

1. If you want to take shortcuts the easiest way to have a steady stream of people to hang out with is to smoke weed.

2. Smoking cigs is also an easy way to meet new people in the smoking areas..

3. It's very important to find a lunch/dinner crew and do it as soon as you get there. I've seen eating alone totally break people's college experience to the point where the drop out.
>>
File: thahangover.jpg (67 KB, 491x676) Image search: [Google]
thahangover.jpg
67 KB, 491x676
>>29449952
i'm not immature. I'm fairly responsible and work 60 hours a week. I'm pretty good at my job too.

>>29450121
I already smoke both of those hooray
>>
>>29449926
I've just completed my first year and I have made zero friends. I'll tell you what I did.

I only showed up to class. I never initiated conversations with anyone. During class, I'd talk to people, but I wouldn't stay afterwards, I'd go straight home. I never went out, I didn't drink. Any time I had to do a group project, I assumed my partners were absolute retards and I did everything on my own and put their name on it..

What this got me:
Happiness.
Good grades.
A lot of me-time.
What this didn't get me:
Friends.
>>
>>29449926
I joined a club that interested me and made a few fcoo friends. You're in college now, don't worry about being cool. Find out what things you like and don't like that you didn't know about.
>>
I don't think this is the best place to ask.
>>
>>29450274
I care about grades first, but understand that me time is just shitposting on 4chan and smoking.
>>
File: 1453132550852.jpg (76 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453132550852.jpg
76 KB, 500x375
>>29449926
>asking for advice on how to be cool
>on /r9k/

what the fuck are you thinking
>>
>>29450322
if want to have a bunch of friends and good grades as well, you'll have a very stressful life unless you're an intelligent social butterfly, desu

all i did was do my homework and sit behind my computer and study for exams 1 or 2 days before

i didnt bother with friends (because the dropout rate for my program is >50% so i figured most of them wouldnt be around next year anyhow
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.