[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look at all this shit going on in the world right now. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 1454156782075.jpg (1 MB, 4500x2592) Image search: [Google]
1454156782075.jpg
1 MB, 4500x2592
Look at all this shit going on in the world right now. I've been trying to get into politics and news lately with an unbiased eye.

There's just so much to absorb though, and I don't have much precedent as it is.

I mean look at these videos and how intricate they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgX0uiChHrE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vp-_XHRlA

I'm somehow supposed to know about military news, my own country's issues and news, international politics, existing borders, and then somehow keep up with my own hobbies.

How the fuck do yurofags do it? Every single person living in europe seems to know every single thing that goes on along with heavy background knowledge like the U.S.'s involvement with the Chilean dictator in the 1980s (or was it the 70s)

Where do I start? Ho do I learn and retain all of this?
>>
File: kek.jpg (12 KB, 132x126) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
12 KB, 132x126
>>29449611
amazing how news coverage can warp the mind of this naives yanks.
OP there's nothing you can do to improve your situation if you only consume news in english language.
>>
>>29449697
Sorry. I can only read english and a decent bit of french and japanese. Not enough to read news though
>>
The only people that actually know about politics are the people genuinely interested/paid to be interested. Most other people either go of what they've heard via work of mouth or just completely make shit up.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>Have a nigh useless geography major.
>Be passionate about maps, cartography, and geopolitics.
>Take pride in knowing every country's capitals and major cities, as well as being able to place all of them on a map.
>Surfing the catalog.
>See this OP image.
JUST FUCKING END ME
>>
File: KEK2.png (188 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
KEK2.png
188 KB, 327x316
>>29449611
>That North and South Korea
holy fucking kek
>>
>>29449954
Is OP wrong? I'm pretty sure that's where they are
>>
File: 1443045856536.jpg (67 KB, 1161x1175) Image search: [Google]
1443045856536.jpg
67 KB, 1161x1175
>>29449973
>I'm pretty sure that's where they are
Ok I'm leaving this thread now
>>
>>29449762
>i know kana dat mean i speak japanese nao! sugoi desu ne! ^-^
>>
Newfoundland - iceland
What r u doing nigger
>>
>>29450838
Yamete kudasai anon san
>>
>>29449611
it's really pretty easy, unless you're retarded or trolling

just browse wikipedia ffs; read (completely) an article on a new country every day

also, even most eurofags are retarded
>>
You play video games, OP?

If you want to learn basic geography, play Victoria 2. You'll be able to label most of the world besides islands, Africa, and city-states, which are generally irrelevant literally whos anyways.
>>
>>29449697
>OP there's nothing you can do to improve your situation if you only consume news in english language

kek.

as if having knowledge of esoteric world affairs affects your life in the slightest bit.

pay attention to your own microcosm, that's it.

nothing else matters.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, BRO.

muzzies in europe? not my problem.
hikkis in japan driving down their birth rate? who cares.
german women getting paid to incentivize childbirth? great.
mexicans in america or anchor babies? sure whatevz.

local shop has tasty strawberries? Now, that I care about.

well made, durable clothing? I will research that.

a well paid career? put in the work.

no one matters but yourself.

fuck the world, it fucks us every single day.
>>
>>29452081
and now yurofags will come in to make fun of you
>>
>>29449611
>I've been trying to get into politics and news lately with an unbiased eye.
>by watching 2edgy4u youtube videos
>>
>>29452160
how are they edgy? Do you know what edgy means?
>>
File: 1443920303706.jpg (73 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1443920303706.jpg
73 KB, 800x598
>>29452081

THIS!!!! If it doesn't affect your daily life then it should not matter to you. Focus on your actual life and the people literally around you. You should care more about losing weight or advancing your inter-personal relationships than caring about what happens on the other side of the world. Trust me putting more attention and effort in your life is far more effective than putting that energy towards world politics might as well waste time reading gossip magazines. Nothing will come of this at best you will seem informed if the topic ever comes up in casual conversation
>>
>>29449611
>Iceland

FUCKING KEK
>>
>>29449892
Same, minus the major. I collect country flags to decorate my lonely apartment instead.
>>
>>29452192
>herp derp NATO expansionism
>Ukraine is a colony
this is obviously biased, and no this doesn't mean I think NATO are angels, I just disagree with 2edgy4u conspiracy theories

>I don't know what 2edgy4u means, please explain it to me.
2edgy4u means I am accusing you of having opinions just because you think they are edgy regardless of whether they are true or not.
>>
File: 1462951110271.png (240 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1462951110271.png
240 KB, 500x540
>>29449611
>tfw I'd do no better than op pic
>>29452763
True car. I don't even all the states. Seriously.
>>
>>29452951
*Dat autocorrect
Tfw cannot use keyboard when charging. I miss laptops but am poor.
>>
>tfw could label 90% of the worlds countries, cities, rivers and general landscapes before dropping out

sigh, your best/worst Korea made me giggle though.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.