[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a failure because of nature or nurture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 634x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 634x376
Are you a failure because of nature or nurture?
>>
>>29447692
Really both. They both matter and they both screwed me over.
>>
File: 1466351668173.png (6 KB, 304x210) Image search: [Google]
1466351668173.png
6 KB, 304x210
>>29448016
This. I was born ugly and my mom basically trained me to be a doormat

>tfw i realised my mom raised me exactly the same way as she trained our dogs
>>
>>29447692
I 'fail' because of what society defines as 'winning'
>>
>>29448355
Sorry dude. :(
Single mother?

It wasn't really anything that bad with me, but I was raised in a very odd manner. I probably don't have autism, but I might as well have.
>>
I'd say that any objective or subjective failings of my own are not due to either "nature" or "nurture", but due to my own character flaws that I've not solved yet.

I'm not shackled to mediocrity through genetics and I'm not an unavoidable product of a shitty upbringing.

I've brought any bit of failure that I experience solely upon myself, as a sentient and active human being.

I'm working on it, though.
>>
>>29447692

Both. I have fucking trash genetics, but my family and my community has always shat on me since I can remember. This life is but a passing one of distress for me.
>>
>>29447692
It seems to go together. Children born wrong just get treated like shit their whole life.
>>
>>29447692
mix of both plus it is partly my fault
>>
I'd say nature. I had a traditional upbringing with a wealthy, conservative Christian family
>>
>>29448639
>due to my own character flaws that I've not solved yet
that arise via either nature or nurturre my friend
>>
>>29447692
both, but more due to society/nurture considering everyone in my family and ancestors did well
>>
>>29449433
Sure, that might be factually true.

But I refute it, out of an admittedly irrational mental framework requiring me to have full responsibility for my successes and failures, alike.

It is useless to consider any faults on my part to be due to variables beyond my control; even if this is actually the case. An internal locus of control, even fictional, is more useful for character-building and improving in this life.

In my opinion, anyway.

Besides that, it gives me a warm+fuzzy feeling to consider human beings capable of overpowering any development from "nature/nuture" and re-form their own personalities, bodies, and soul (or other analogue) through sentience and force of will.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.