[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A robot on omegle disconnected before I could give him anoth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
A robot on omegle disconnected before I could give him another cosmic horror recommendation.

Anon, you'll like Lazarus. It's one of the first zombie stories, which I know you're not such a fan of, but it's more that Lazarus acts as a patient zero for existential fuckery from beyond the grave. Unexplained experiments gone horribly wrong, eldritch geometries, and human glibbering against the void are all here.

...You trusted me on the other recs, right?

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/Laza841.shtml
>>
Also, book recommendation general.

Tell me what you like, and I'll tell you more things you will like. Please be sure to specify fiction/nonfiction and your preferred genre.
>>
>>29445956
I like fiction mostly. My favourite book is probably Catch 22 and I like Brett Easton Ellis also, so I guess things with unreliable narrators and people who are disillusioned and a bit crazy?
>>
>>29446024
I spent most of the conversation with the original anon talking about starting Poe, and I think that recommendation holds up well with your need for unreliable narrators with crippling mental issues.

Definitely read The Brothers Karamazov. It uses the unreliability of the narrative with grace and unsettling discrepancies. Different interpretations of the events in question will very nearly get you multiple experiences of the same book, and all options are a head trip.

People generally reduce Nabokov to his one infamous work, but you'll really enjoy Pale Fire. I promise.

Also, Starship Troopers by Heinlein is a trip. Definitely read that too. Heinlein is one of my favorite SF authors.
>>
>>29446024

This is also a fun short story. It's complete gross-out dreck, but it's of a self-contained length and feels like taking the scenic route through the most uncomfortable childhood scrapbook ever.

http://www.nightmare-magazine.com/fiction/the-emperors-old-bones/
>>
Anyone else interested?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.