[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dropping The V Bomb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
>Always been socially awkward
>Never had more than one or two friends
>When I was younger dad joked that I should become a (catholic) priest (even though I've never expressed a faith in God or a passion for Christ, etc.)
>Mom joked that she was waiting for me to come out of the closet
>When I went off to college, my mother cosigned my lease and joked with the apartment manager that she hoped I would bring a girlfriend over
>Now Im back home after earning my worthless degree, and a total loser. I have no friends, I'm stuck living at home because I have a min wage job, and there's no happy ending in sight for me.
>Mom recently made some stupid comment out of the blue that Im attractive and that I should try modeling.
>Pissed with all this BS, and blurt out that there's no way Im attractive - attractive people don't end up 28 year old virgins, they don't end up in sucky min wage jobs for kids when they're almost 30, and they dont end up without any friends.
>Mother just goes on rant about how I'm not mature, how you shouldn't have sex unless you feel you have a spiritual connection with the other person, how this America is a promiscuous country, and that I'm not a very sociable person.
>Agree with some of what she says, but tell her to stop commenting about my looks or relationship status.

Who else dropped the v-bomb, and how did it go?
>>
>>29445548
What's your degree?

When I was 17 my mother would always think I had a lot of friends because of my confident behaviour around her. One day she asked me why I was rejecting so much society. I was pretty tired of acting like it was getting any better so I told her "Mum I'm ugly as fuck and my social skills are shit because of that. I have literally no one and I don't think I will because life it's always about the looks..."

She stood there looking at me, but she didn't say anything. I guess she thought "welp, he finally figured it out"
>>
I'm attractive and I'm a 27 year old virgin. I've had shitty jobs and I'm unemployed right now. It's really mostly about social skills and being willing to engage socially. I have social skills but I don't want to engage socially. Which is why I'm here.
>>
Organelles bumperino
>>
In a sense, I can consider myself fortunate that I've never had to have this sort of conversation with my parents.

My mother is an interesting woman; she raised my brother and I to view sex as something that isn't to be considered inherently immoral, fearing that such a perspective would make us unnecessarily guilty. And yet, a particularly religious person herself, she's betrayed her own puritanical bent with regard to sex on occasion. She knew, on some instinctive level, that her own views were unhealthy, and felt some need to spare her children that. I suppose she was blessed that I reached wizard status...she would never have to reconcile the natural and healthy nature of sex with the prejudices she had against it. But really now, who discusses sex or his lack thereof with his mother?

My father was another case entirely. He was raised Irish-Catholic and, not surprisingly, was taught to look at homosexuality in a less than favorable light. However, as time went by and he noticed I was still alone, no dates, no girlfriends or anything of the kind, he hinted at the possibility that I may be gay. Rather than condemn me, he hinted that homosexuality wasn't all that terrible, that a man's happiness was far more important than his sexual orientation. It was an eye-opening moment; my father considered my own happiness far more important than whatever prejudices he had been taught. My father was taught to love God, but Nature instructed him to love his son even more. It was a poignant moment and one that I'm grateful for.

However, I'm not homosexual. I'm not a wizard because of some guilt over being gay, but simply because women are disgusted by me. And, in time, I think my father is slowly coming to realize this.

Strange, isn't it, that a father could find the prospect of his son blaspheming God infinitely more tolerable than his son blaspheming Nature. Well, not really. At least in the former case, there is some hope of happiness.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.