[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why humans are so shallow with looks? Can anyone give good scientific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: galvanized-chainmail-coif.jpg (49 KB, 377x397) Image search: [Google]
galvanized-chainmail-coif.jpg
49 KB, 377x397
Why humans are so shallow with looks? Can anyone give good scientific and social explanation?
>>
>>29442966
Shallow means focused on appearance aka looks. Do you want to know why people focus on specific physical features or just appearance in general?
>>
>>29443001
Because it pisses me off and I wonder why, just why they so badly hold on to those bad behaviors
>>
File: 1446391113785.jpg (67 KB, 300x898) Image search: [Google]
1446391113785.jpg
67 KB, 300x898
>>29442966
The scientific explanation should be obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of evolutionary biology
it's not rocket science senpai
>>
>>29443072
I understand but its not enough, cuz my parents and rest of family are shallow fucks yet I am sapio and deep and really bothered
>>
>>29442966
>distilled instinctual evolutionary wisdom of billions of years
>"shallow"
>>
>>29443110
Thats actually horrible, humans are shit
>>
>>29443131
Only because the world is shit.
We are war machines evolved for survival on a savage spaceball that could be randomly destroyed at any moment.
>>
>>29443149
This one mate
>>
Good looks indicate good genes because that is also linked to a very healthy and functional body.
>>
>>29443244
facial symmetry =/= healthy and functional body
>>
>>29443244
Good looks by wearing fake makeup, flattened hair, or using roids etc - good genes? Really?
>>
>>29443072
>evolutionary biology
>scientific
>>
>>29442966
>Why humans are so shallow with looks?
The Jews and the internet

Jews push new fashion and beauty norms which the status quo blindly follow, leading to a more shallow and vapid society.

The internet obviously allows humans to be more social, and as a result people don't need to settle with their best friend's brother anymore. Women know they're a highly sought after commodity, and as a result, they can be more picky about who they want to fuck, date, marry, etc.
>>
>>29442966
>being attractive, while not a 100% perfect indicator, is and has always been the greatest indicator of reproductive fitness and genetic quality throughout human history and our evolutionary development
>somehow this natural biological attraction is considered shallow, yet the person's tastes in literature, music, etc. which have much less of an effect on their potential offspring's survival, are considered somehow more important or "deeper" than their literal genetic identity
>>
>>29443310
It doesn't have to equal it, only correlate with it.
>>
It wasn't always this way. At least, no where near to this extent.

Because we've fallen out with community spirit (religion, partly) and good values, hedonism came in to try fill the gap. It's not an accident that tinder is extremely popular today.

Back in the days of community and good values, gender roles were natural and men were generally valued largely for their bread-winning abilities far more than their looks. Feminism is one example that's lead to this hedonistic society, but it's more complicated than just feminism alone; feminism is a symptom of something else, not a cause.
>>
>>29443382
>the jews social engineering is so complete and powerful that it even has brainwashed animals with no concept of human culture into behaving in such a manner that they are automatically attracted to mates with higher indicators of health

that or you're a meme spouter being an idiot
>>
>>29443515
There a big difference between choosing mates with "higher indicators of health" and only wanting to choose the top 10% of males.

>implying animals have half of the cognitive abilities as humans have
>being such an idiot that you'd compare the two
>implying media hasn't played a huge role in how vapid/shallow society is today
>>
>>29443382
I live in israel, the hive of jews, it is one of the most look shallow places you can encounter, so youre wrong, jews are same shit
>>
>>29443460
and then the grain thresher, the gun and GPS swept it all away

necessity is the mother of invention. all our needs our met. and the only way anyone seems to be able to get a kick out life, other than pure hedonism, is by inventing bogeymen to chase after and be terrified of.
>>
>>29443310
Retard.

>>29443323
No one said that. Obviously those things fool you and weren't intended to exist by nature.
>>
>>29443589
How did you interpret that from my post? I never implied the jews themselves weren't shallow.
>>
>>29443579
Why go straight to THE JEWS? You have a perfectly reasonable argument that stands on its own legs without it. Internet is big, tons of competitors, women share, hold out, guys are thirsty and everybody up to 40 dog piles the 18-24 demographic of females, and so the market gets inflated for the average male.
>>
It's just an American thing.
>>
>>29443678
Because the media plays a huge role in all this, and the Jews control a large portion of American media? Even if the Jews aren't directly responsible, you have to be an idiot to think media doesn't play a role in all this.

>>29443705
No, it's an Anglo-saxon thing. You'll find the same behaviors in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, and New Zealand - although to a lesser extent. Hell, it's even happening in Asian countries like China, Japan, and South Korea too.
>>
>>29443754
Well nobody denied the media part. It's just this whole
>IZ DA JEWS DA JEWWWWZ!!!!
I mean at least tell me why they would do that. Push higher beauty standards on purpose. What's your big conspiracy behind that?
Media setting high beauty standards seems like a natural progression any society would have, even without the existence of jews. Since many people watch it, the people you pick to be on TV and in cinema should at least be beautiful, right? Not to mention that anyone has a natural desire to be more beautiful themselves.
>>
Americans care too much about their teeth
>>
>>29443931
And putting expensive jewoxide in their mouths. All you need to do is stop using jewpaste (and preferably eat healthy). The glycerine in jewpaste coats the teeth and stops the body's natural mineralisation of them
>>
>>29443931
Stfu. I live in Europe and I've only recently made the realization how yellow and crooked the teeth of people here are. And how white and perfect the teeth of Americans are on average. It's a pain to watch TV and european cinema now.
>>
>>29442966
in-group tribal mentality, there is some psychology on it

also this >>29443705
America is one of the most "oversocial" and commercialized countries in the world, if you don't look like someone on tv or something they are familiar with they will get spooked like a horse
>>
>>29443382
>internet obviously allows humans to be more social
explain, experience says otherwise.
>>
>>29444034
Europeans actually have healthier teeth since they aren't stripping their enamel off trying to make them look white as pearls.
>>
>>29444360
The fact you're using 4chan right now, conversing with people you'd likely never converse with in your entire life.

If you meant getting laid, you obviously have to be decent looking to get that done.
>>
>>29444431
does not mean im super outspoken like normies are, though. that is what i think of when i read 'being more social'.
>>
>>29442966
It's a sign that you'll be a good breeder or something like that.
>>
>>29443072
>>29442966
Ironically enough women were evaluated for good hips - childbirth, well rounded and good mannered for raising kids, good skin color for health, features like eye and hair color were to be paired with an intelligent mind or else you were no better than a harlot.

Now a days people have everything backwards. Beauty in a woman was important when she also had the character. You wanted a strong healthy and intelligent son so you looked for the potential in the woman

Women were never worshipped as they are now
>>
>>29444360
Tinder Facebook and OKC
People choose based on the picture instead of a friend or rumors saying what he's like.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.