[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are here to refine our souls so we ascend to a higher plane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 1445229431326.jpg (151 KB, 723x989) Image search: [Google]
1445229431326.jpg
151 KB, 723x989
We are here to refine our souls so we ascend to a higher plane upon death.
>>
File: 1463766025432.gif (1015 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
1463766025432.gif
1015 KB, 475x475
I can't wait for the anti-buddhism guy to show up. I like him.
>>
prove this is not hell instead
>>
>>29440077
I can try to fill in for him.

YOURE ANTI-LIFE!!! SLAVE MORALITY!!! UNTERMENSCH!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29439880
we are here to put an end to life and death, through refinement to higher planes.
>>
File: 6765767789.jpg (52 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
6765767789.jpg
52 KB, 300x305
Nah, we aren't here for any reason. Life is pointless, there is no endgame. But by all means, refine yourself for this higher level, if it helps you give meaning to your life and suffering. I'll stick to hedonism.

>>29440764
Not hell, just rather absurd

>>29440077
I didn't even know we have a guy like that, it'd be funny if he did
>>
>>29440963
no endgame? Nigga you crazy.
What about becoming a race of ascended Buddhas and unlocking human potential and all that bullshit?
Judging by your image you're probably a softie and believe in politics. Bull-Shit.
There's a reason it's called poli-TRICKS (rasta slang, btw, I'm assuming you don't know, but prove me wrong ;) )
Or did you want to leave running the world to others? Better run along and become a fine and upstanding, and most of all, unquestioning freemason. If you have the money to stay a member. If not, enjoy your "pointless" life with "no endgame", but heck, if we're there already, you have nothing to lose. Except, you posted in this thread, but it sure as hell seems you barely posted in this thread at all.
>>
>>29440077
OP's statement has nothing to do with buddhism. Buddhism doesn't believe in souls, quite the opposite, it teaches non self. Buddhism doesn't teach refinement, but the aim is enlightenment or realisation. And the goal in buddhism is not to ascend to a a higher plane of existence, but to reach non-existence.
>>
File: buddha.head.jpg (358 KB, 700x670) Image search: [Google]
buddha.head.jpg
358 KB, 700x670
>>29441069
motherfucker, what is atman, and what is anatta?
it teaches the WORLD is NOT-SELF, not that there is No Self. In truth, there is no distinction between the two "terms" and both are the same to Buddha (diamond sutra)
Also, what Buddhism "teaches" is not in the scale of "Buddhism" but only encompassed through experience. What better measure of the teaching than learning?
>>
File: camus_2723169b.jpg (52 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
camus_2723169b.jpg
52 KB, 620x387
>>29441027
You almost had me -and did if OP- till you went on about rasta slang
Well baited tho
>>
>>29439880
I don't think there's another dimension. BTW, hope you'll refine your soul. I just spend my time contemplating the nothingness.
>>29440077
Why would someone hate the most peaceful and fulfilling religion?
>>
>>29439880
>so we ascend to a higher plane upon death.
No, we're here to refine our souls and become scientists so that we can eventually bring dead people back and become immortal

Reincarnation is misleading and most people believe in the "Zen" aspects of those religions
>>
>>29441155
you dam fool.
Rastas Meditate. They know about "I and I" which is also called "I am who I am"
and they get hella high and meet the saints and hang out with Jesus, and become in touch with the Spirit. at least they know SOME things. like babylon is despisable.
Not OP btw. If you don't know Diamond Sutra, you don't know jack. In it, Buddha teaches that all forms are indistinguishable or inseparable (terminology) and that to a Buddha, there is no reason to call a Buddha; Buddha, or a monk; a monk, etc. because they are just abstractions and never a substitute for reality, which is knowledge (individual experience)
>>
File: 1245242562gr2LIbg.jpg (134 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1245242562gr2LIbg.jpg
134 KB, 640x480
is this it then? the end? a nothingness, a void?
or is there a screaming in the void? at the void? the void itself?
is there not light? even in darkness? even darkness itself?
>>
>>29440963
Fuck I hate Camus. The face of college-girl degeneracy, needless tragedy and pseudo-intellectualism.

Absurdists are human trash.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.