[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antidepressants: How can I convince my parents that I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1459312146648.png (527 KB, 732x426) Image search: [Google]
1459312146648.png
527 KB, 732x426
Hey arch a nine, this is going to be a bit ranty, but my parents are forcing me to see a psychiatrist and be put on medication, but I don't need to. Yes, I have depression. No, it's not a chemical imbalance that I need to treat by taking pills that will give me erectile dysfunction and make me into a zombie. I am simply depressed because I have no one in my life. That simple. I have no friends. It is summertime and beautiful but I have no where to go, no one to be with. It would be weird to go to most places/activities alone as most of you are well aware. Magic pills won't fix that, it will just make my mental state worse. I even tried to compromise to them, telling them that I will see a psychologist, just to talk about my problems with no meds involved but they refused that. How the fuck can they just write off this branch of the field? How the fuck do they know that I need meds, when it is not chemical, just literally directly caused by being a failure. I live so unnaturally because I have no where to go, nothing to do, I can't take this on top of having to take meds along with it. I'd rather die than be forced to take meds like some kind of sick animal, when society is literally what caused this and now they will profit off of my misfortune by scamming my ignorant parents by selling them pills. Fuck. This makes me so mad. What do I do?
>>
>>29439410
How old are you? If you're over 18 then they can't tell you to do shit. But damn man, get out there and meet people, if you have a hobby then find like-minded people, get a part-time job somewhere, socializ .

You sitting at home isn't helping you do anything and your parents are worried, you're on the internet instead of going out and enjoying yourself.

> It is summertime and beautiful
Go on a walk and get fresh air.
>>
>>29439737
I am over 18, and while they can't force me to take them, they can force me to move out if I don't take them.

I do go on walks, but theres no point really, it only takes up a small part of the day.
>>
>>29440649
get sugar pills to replace your meds when there not around and notify the authorities that you are being forced to take medication that could do more harm than good. If your taking medication that you don't need then your "psychologist" is scamming your parents out of money and you out of your health and can be arrested for this.

I would suggest doing that.
>>
>>29439410
>>29440649
Same situation as you OP, I genuinely have no friends and I'm wasting every day.However I'm a good liar so my mother thinks I'm happy sitting at the computer every day and having no friends.

Also what you can do is, simply don't take them, throw them away and pretend to be happier
>>
>>29439410
Are you going to the psychiatrist? I was diagnosed with depression too, im being medicated, i think meds will help you out of this situation, try and go out there and talk to people, thats what im trying, maybe you will find someone willing to stay with you no matter what, but in order to get something like that you must put some effort in it, it is not like you will get friends out of nowhere and without doing shit, i hope you get better, good luck
>>
>>29440824
>don't take them

I'm afraid that's not an option. They said they would watch me and make me drink a glass of water as to make sure I don't fake it.

>>29440809
I could call the authorities? The thing is they will just kick me out and I have a feeling I will be even more depressed if I end up homeless.

>>29441030

No I don't believe meds will help me. Everything I am depressed about has a direct cause. I also don't believe in the bullshit, "Just go out and talk to people." That's weird behavior normalfags don't respond to.
>>
>>29439410
>taking pills that will give me erectile dysfunction
it kills your libido more than your erections desu, which isn't too much of a bad thing unless you plan on going full normie and finding a gf in the few month you'll be on meds

if you're going to college or being active in september don't bother with antidepressant, but if you're a neet stuck in life you should give them a try and they might help you just enough for you to get out of your confort zone and try the thing you blocked yourself from doing before
>>
>>29441830
I'd still like to be able to jack off.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.