[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we the way we are? Only robots in this thread please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 16
File: 1463614107656.jpg (255 KB, 1035x800) Image search: [Google]
1463614107656.jpg
255 KB, 1035x800
Why are we the way we are? Only robots in this thread please.
>>
Just b yourself faggot
>>
File: 1445967117313.jpg (519 KB, 1152x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445967117313.jpg
519 KB, 1152x1080
O my friend we are all mere victims of circumstance
>>
over protective single-mom sheltered syndrome reporting in
>>
>>29438301
Really tho, I just read a meme that set me off about texting your crush and finding out they can't hold a conversation. I got asked out by a girl a few months ago
>inb4 ree
And I sucked at texting with her and just talking to her in general, so she fucked off. Why can't I hold a conversation with people?
>>
File: 1421680853784.jpg (49 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1421680853784.jpg
49 KB, 550x535
The Internet actually pretty much destroys our brains. I basically use it since I was a kid, and I'm unable to function correctly, it's stupid. Check articles on that. I'm currently trying to go to the Internet less often, and reprogram my brain as best as I can. Otherwise I'll never be able to even succeed at anything in life. Fuck.
>>
File: 1-800-HOTLINEFEEL.png (164 KB, 544x323) Image search: [Google]
1-800-HOTLINEFEEL.png
164 KB, 544x323
>>29438279
different reasons all leading to similar situations

some of us were abused
some of us were neglected
some of us just never grew up
some of us just don't like the way society is

lots more reasons ofcourse

I've got pretty bad anxiety to the point where I feel like puking anytime I have to interact with others

It's not that I don't want to, and I don't even know why I get so anxious, it just feels like I wasn't meant to be social in the first place, I hate the heat and ironically live in a state where it's currently 103 degrees, so I can't even go outside.

I even took one of those personality test things and it confirmed my personality type prefers sticking to very few close people, the irony in that is I can never get close enough to someone without being pushed away or pushing myself away

I've got one friend who says we're best friends, and he's the closest thing I have to one, but even he's able to go long periods of time without speaking to me and it feels like we're growing further apart

the only girl I ever dated says she loves and misses me but then proceeds to go weeks without talking to me as well, tells me to come hang out but every time I offer to hang out she declines

I don't get it

maybe we all just lack an understanding of how to be social without being too invested in others
>>
>>29438279
>Why are we the way we are?

Society is cruel. We are smart enough to not let it antagonize us.

Real, non-pretentious answer: Each man has his own story. There isn't a rule, just as how there is no "the way we are."

"How robots are" is a very general idea that's being reinforced by memes and not reality.

Captcha: impasse impasse
>>
>>29438434
I know your feel, but with me I don't get anxious I just draw a blank and can't think of anything to say. That thing you said about not meant to be social hits too close too home familia.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>29438279
Heck how should I know?
>>
Borderline+avoidant+stutter. This is because of a combination of crazy mom + abusive nanny + bad luck.

No friends, no family.

Life is hell.
>>
shitty highschool experience. I apparently was a happy child.
>>
>>29438505
that's the next stage for me, if I get comfortable enough with a person to actually talk to them I end up with a blank slate, and then go back to being anxious because I don't want them to think I have nothing to say

I've been thinking though, do Chad's say much? I feel as though they just listen more and respond to everything in short sentences that convey what they're trying to get across well
>>
>>29438371
lol u me?
>>
>>29438434
>Robots only
>the only girl I've dated...
Fucking every time. Fuck neo/r9k/.
>>
>>29438719
No, u me?
>>
>>29438724
she's a robot too

no reason two robots cant date, famalam
>>
File: 1409685687241.jpg (132 KB, 730x950) Image search: [Google]
1409685687241.jpg
132 KB, 730x950
I've not been here in a few years

>>29438763
>>29438434
Is this what r9k is now? When did normies invade? I don't remember the catalog being so shit and filled with normos
>>
>>29438757
o ye u me
>>
Single mother

not original enough you fucking piece of ass robot
>>
>>29438804
>if a robot even *thinks* of improving and trying he must be banished!
>>
>>29438434
Some of us (read: most) are doomed from the start. Your personality is for a large part shaped by genetics. Sure, the way you were raised, your home situation, social life as a kid etc etc matter a lot but for many of us this wouldnt change a whole lot. I cant say that im fully part of that group, if i was raised better and wasnt socially excluded from everything as a kid i would have ended up much better, but i guess i would still be fucked up in some ways.
>>
File: 1452824704972s.jpg (3 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
1452824704972s.jpg
3 KB, 125x118
>>29438763
>"shes" a robot
>>
>>29438871
perhaps I used the wrong word, a shut-in is more appropriate, you're right, she can still easily get attention whenever she wants
>>
>>29438871

Women cannot be incel like men. Even the ugliest women can get laid.
>>
File: 1411757785019.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1856) Image search: [Google]
1411757785019.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1856
>>29438434
>some of us just don't like the way society is
pretty much this
Fuck night clubs, fuck sex culture, fuck the media, fuck everything.
I will try to find people who pursue something that s not someone else s genitals or some material bullshit that only serves to enhance their ego and their social status. If I have to die alone for that, so be it
and yes, I realize that I sound like an edgy neckbeard, but just how I see it
>>
For being strange, eccentric, lazy, bored, rebellious, dislike for how vapid and narcissistic this generation is, normal person but lacks the excitement to go out and explore lifes journey.

It's good to jump in a pond once in a blue to force yourself to learn how to swim. Perhaps you might even like it.
>>
>>29438279
Because you're a self loathing cunt who blames your problems on the "normies." You're no better than niggers blaming white people for their problems.

>>29438309
And you determinists are even more retarded.
>>
Born ugly as fuck and my acne won't go away no matter what I do

At least I have a beautiful personality
>>
>>29438692
I thought I was alone in this for so long, finishing highschool and being in a freer uni environment helped a lot but I've also started seeing a counselor for social anxiety. It's hard but you need to find a way to ground yourself. Overthinking sucks, it's paradoxical and hard to avoid but eventually you can choose to ignore the irrational thoughts that feed it.

Yeah I wondered about that for a while too, they just seem confident enough to not care about having to invest much into conversations.
>>
>>29440590
>ground yourself
what do you mean?

also what advice has the councelor given you, I've always been hesitant to see one because it'd look bad when I apply for my dream job down the line
>>
>>29439381
What exactly are you looking for?

Origi
>>
File: feels124.jpg (166 KB, 1170x923) Image search: [Google]
feels124.jpg
166 KB, 1170x923
>avoidant personality disorder
>antisocial personality disorder
dont know why I am so fucked, but probably because of my parents
>>
File: curbrainpepe.gif (306 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
curbrainpepe.gif
306 KB, 600x450
>>29438844
>implying being banished is a bad thing.
>>
>>29440738
Just trying to establish what's real and what's in your head. The overthinking circle jerks so much negative shit and when you don't talk to anyone about it you only have yourself as company to reason with (and we know well that shit goes). So just writing it down or having a conversation about it subconsciously proved to me how intangible it all is.

I avoided them for years even though I knew I should. I was just too afraid they'd think I was crazy mostly. Even though she was a normie obviously and I felt like I couldn't really be too open, it felt good just getting it out and hearing her rationalize it. This shits not uncommon apparently, we're all just too afraid to talk about it irl. But yeah I'd definitely recommend going to one, maybe even a psychiatrist. I saw one the other day, it's a bit more personal and he seemed to be better equipped for treating social anxiety.
>>
File: 1413485049246.jpg (549 KB, 1247x779) Image search: [Google]
1413485049246.jpg
549 KB, 1247x779
>>29440955
As I have said,I look for people that look above the common superfluous shit. the goal on itself doesn t matter, but I m tired of people just "wanting to enjoy life " while they don t even bother to comprehend life aside from some basic urges that they fulfill and some pre canned philosophy of life.
They don t feel like humans anymore, like their emotions and thoughts are settled directly from outside with no internal processing or introspection whatsoever. You don t see them talking passionately about something they have in mind, like if their heart races from this concept they are trying to put into words to transmit it to you, excited with the idea of another human being understanding that part of them.
This probably happens only in the superficial layers of their mind and personality, they probably have something else inside, but I just don t see it
Aside from looking for that kind of people, I have a goal myself. I wish to help in the creation of a human AI. whether if my contribution will be insignificant or not, or if I will live to see it happening its yet to see, but I wish to fight for it.
>Origi
what?
>>
>>29441732
>You don t see them talking passionately about something they have in mind, like if their heart races from this concept they are trying to put into words to transmit it to you, excited with the idea of another human being understanding that part of them.
you haven't got a clue what you're talking about and you're full of shit
>>
File: diffusion.png (106 KB, 684x450) Image search: [Google]
diffusion.png
106 KB, 684x450
>>29440738
I got fucking lost in that mess of a reply but basically there are some techniques. One I try is defusion. It's 5am in aus so I'm gonna go to bed, but here's some of the stuff she gave me. It might seem kind of stupid but just give it a try if you like. Gl if you're still here
>>
File: 1454378076550.jpg (480 KB, 1820x1024) Image search: [Google]
1454378076550.jpg
480 KB, 1820x1024
>>29441966
what makes you say that? does it sound like something so alien and idealistic?to me people just don t feel genuine most of the time, nor passionate about something.
but maybe I don t have a clue as you say. seems more rational to think that me, an individual, is wrong in front of the majority.
>>
>>29441732
I understand you and this is exactly how i feel as well, but its just a philosophy. The only people who can afford to live their life according to that philosophy are the ones who have some form of power, something which gives you power over others. It can be physical strength (though in todays society this isnt really that valuable, barely makes the list desu), a lot of money, good looks and confidence, political power etc etc. But you need some kind of power to actually put these things into work. If you dont you can barely afford to make a living in this world.

Take a look at this as well, should be an interesting read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg%27s_stages_of_moral_development
>>
File: 1440152205153.jpg (555 KB, 1500x944) Image search: [Google]
1440152205153.jpg
555 KB, 1500x944
>>29442196
you are in part right: the individual is born in a world where he is insignificant, and not all have the chance to rise. However people perpetuate this state, and also have, if willing, the opportunity to change their own situation. I realize that we live in a hard world more that anyone, but that s not a reason to resign and mentally become a leaf being carried by the wind.
I will check it out, thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 350x464
I have autism like everyone else here.

Rich and austistic? "Quirky!!!"

Poor and autistic? "Weirdo!!!"
>>
>>29442163
i know why you are the way you are anon. you're no fun, and everyone finds it hard to be around you and listen to your bullshit all the time.
>>
>>29442917
>you're no fun
you are mostly correct if you are talking about regular parties, I don t enjoy them and therefore If I end up in one I pass the time either taking a seat and waiting or chatting with someone. I m a regular fella in other situations, and fun in situations I really enjoy.
> and everyone finds it hard to be around you and listen to your bullshit all the time.
I reserve my bullshit to people willing to listen to it in the first place, and I don t willingly annoy people unless they do something to deserve it. I m "hard to be around" people that straight up lie to my face, and I take great pleasure in pointing out their lies over and over, until they give up or admit they were wrong. As I have already said, otherwise I m someone regular/fun to be around, I just don t enjoy one of the most common activities nowadays and I don t find most people truly interesting (which doesn t mean that I m a dick to people that are not interesting. I just use generic conversation topics and hope it ends quickly).
sure, I m not chad, but you are probably imaging a king autismo that goes around telling people how they are hollow and uninteresting while vaping peach-flavored steam, and I m merely pointing out that you re wrong
>>
>>29442587
this

it's a combination of current unemployment rates and poor socialization as a result of paranoid 90s upbringing

if we were wealthy, the former and the latter would not be considered a problem
>>
>>29442196
that link is pure gold
> Carol Gilligan has argued that Kohlberg's theory is overly androcentric. Kohlberg's theory was initially developed based on empirical research using only male participants; Gilligan argued that it did not adequately describe the concerns of women. Kohlberg stated that women tend to get stuck at level 3, focusing on details of how to maintain relationships and promote the welfare of family and friends.
>In Stage three (good intentions as determined by social consensus), the self enters society by conforming to social standards. Individuals are receptive to approval or disapproval from others as it reflects society's views. They try to be a "good boy" or "good girl" to live up to these expectations,[2] having learned that being regarded as good benefits the self. Stage three reasoning may judge the morality of an action by evaluating its consequences in terms of a person's relationships, which now begin to include things like respect, gratitude, and the "golden rule". "I want to be liked and thought well of; apparently, not being naughty makes people like me." Conforming to the rules for one's social role is not yet fully understood. The intentions of actors play a more significant role in reasoning at this stage; one may feel more forgiving if one thinks that "they mean well".
>woman admits that most women are driven by social conventions in their moral judgements
roasties BTFO
>>
>>29442587
Like a doctor diagnosed you with that or what?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.