[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one respond to my posts about being chronically sad,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png
78 KB, 412x351
Why does no one respond to my posts about being chronically sad, tired, and empty? I just want to have a rational discussion about why I and others feel this way, and whether there's anything we can do about it without meds/therapy.
>>
>>29437456
its takes strength to kind and gentle
>>
>>29437456
Because therapy is your best option if you can't solve the problem on your own. 4chan can't provide that for you.
>>
Because everyone on this board asked these questions a long time ago and already know the answers to these questions.

The truth is your depressed, you need to seek treatment or this mental condition could get worse.. So bad, you might start perceiving everyone in your life as selfish egotistical assholes because they don't try to reach out to you... No one wants to hang out with a debbie downer, faggot...
>>
>>29437456
Because 13 hr wageslave days are fucking caaancer
>>
Yea most people are kind of here to be entertained, not deal with real problems. /r9k/ isn't really your friend
>>
I don't know if therapy IS the solution. Is a psychological disorder really the only source of these feelings? I have a friend with depression and a relative with bipolar disorder; their symptoms don't match mine. It seems like their problems stem from irrationality whereas mine come from overthinking things to the point of exhaustion and then apathy. It's who I am, i think it's who a lot of us are, but is it a disorder?
>>
>>29437456
We all feel the same and talking bout it doesnt help
Also you will most likely not do shit about it anyway
>>
>>29437541
I don't blame them for not reaching out. I'm just upset that there are definitely people like me around here, but when the opportunity to have a simple conversation about our issues presents itself they stay quiet. I just want someone to relate to.
>>
>>29437657
It helps in the sense that I don't feel like I'm shouting into a void. I don't feel like doing anything when I'm unsure if this is an actual problem, because it's hard to even vocalize these problems irl; if i don't have to do it I'd rather not.
>>
When you think about being alive and list all the painful things that will likely happen to you in the course of being alive, is that an irrational thought? Is that depression? How about when you think about how much you could be doing that you aren't? Is it irrational to feel tired and sad in response to the truth? Can anyone PLEASE tell me, am I defective human being for being this way? Because it seems to me that I am simply one of many people wired to think without cheerful, IRRATIONAL optimism. Yes I am am sad all the time and this affects my life pretty damn badly, but why does this put me in the same category as people with biologically-driven chemical imbalances?
>>
>>29437547
wageslaves get off my board
>>
>>29437456
Because more of /r9k/ is shillbots posting "why no trap gf" or "black cock supremacy" or "dad found the cumrag" than anything else now.

If you want actual discussion about depression go to a place like Wizardchan.
>>
>>29437951
I'm trying now, though looking around it seems like people with clinical depression are touchy about complaints from people with other "problems"
>>
>>29437456
>I just want to have a rational discussion
You know full well that will never happen on r9k, not anymore at least. This place is now just filled with memes and shitposting.

>>29438827
What do you feel so anxious and depressed about anon?
>>
>>29437541

>No one wants to hang out with a debbie downer

Actually I like sad and pessimistic people.
>>
>>29438999
I get anxious over a lot of things, when I was really young I'd worry that my parents would die in a car crash every time they left me at home and it's that exact kind of random-chance imaginary scenario that still stresses me out. But now I've reached a point where I wish I'd never been born just to avoid all this worrying. One day my parents will die and I'll have lost the most important thing to me in my life, and as long as I live I'm at risk of losing anything and everything I become attached to. It's just not worth it, and I have no great ambition that will somehow make those eventual losses worth suffering through. I don't even want to get through them, I don't want to be desensitized to pain or stop caring about everything, because that would make my life even more monotonous and even less worthwhile. But I feel that under the right circumstances I'll just break.
>>
>>29439185
Sorry, break is a melodramatic term. I meant that my "I wish I was never born" thoughts might turn into "I should die" thoughts. They are already there but god knows I'm A. too cowardly and B. too attached to my family to go through with it.
>>
Excersize isn't a meme lad, it's how you increase your energy levels and rid yourself of your crippling catatonic depression.

Your depression stems for your immobility and unconsciously you desire to have the motivation and will to do more with yourself but alas lack the energy and physical strength to achieve your goals.

If you excersize for 15 hours a week at the very least for a month straight you will finally realize your true potential.
>>
>>29439185
>One day my parents will die and I'll have lost the most important thing to me in my life, and as long as I live I'm at risk of losing anything and everything I become attached to.
I think you need to understand loss, it is a part of life and there is nothing you can do about it but try to understand it and cope with it when it inevitably happens.

The people and places we love do physically disappear, but they won't really die when we keep them in our thoughts and memories.

Love and cherish what you have now and keep loving and cherishing them even after they're gone. But keep finding new things to love and cherish too, don't stay stuck in a rut.

Did you have pets when you were a child?
>>
>>29439405
I had a lot of rodent pets from age 8-now, oldest one lived about 5 years. I loved them a lot but try to avoid thinking too deeply about them. It's possible their short life expectancy accustomed kid-me to frequent losses that were dealt with by replacing the old pet with a new one (which I feel sort of guilty about now, it's kind of fucked up). While pets are a good lesson for dealing with loss I think the type of person you are colors the lesson in a different light.
>>
>>29439378
Would any exercise do? I feel very self-conscious going outside for anything but work.
>>
>>29439665
>avoid thinking too deeply about them.

You shouldn't avoid thinking about bad things, if you do it just makes things worse off later in life. You shouldn't let it cloud your thoughts 24/7, but thinking things through and trying to understand them is a key part in letting things go.
>>
>>29439826
I understand that confronting loss is healthier, but I always, always get caught in negative thought cycles. With the pets it's a guilt thing, I can't just think about how cute they were or what they did that one time without ultimately ending up at guilt again. This goes for a lot of things and only now have I reached the point where it's better to not think about it than to get so sad that I spend the next few hours in a rut. I'm sorry because I still know you're right, and I do appreciate the advice.
>>
>>29440014
>it's a guilt thing, I can't just think about how cute they were or what they did that one time without ultimately ending up at guilt again
Sorry for not responding sooner.

There's nothing to be guilty about when a pet dies and you said that the gerbils you had lived for five years, that's their maximum life expectancy +2. Eh, the best thing to do is maybe talk about this with your parents and that might assuage your anxiety? Just talk o them.

> I do appreciate the advice
Thanks man, I like trying to help people. Believe me, it helps just to have someone to talk to.
>>
>>29437501
A lot of truth here. Therapy will push you to make whatever small steps you can, or at least look at your life in a new way. Random fuckers on the internet don't do shit except offering passing validation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.