[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>attempt some press ups and sit ups >entire body still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1422149882598.png (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
1422149882598.png
20 KB, 638x547
>attempt some press ups and sit ups
>entire body still aches 3 days later
>>
DOMS?
though you say 3 days later.
>>
>>29435888
You have a cancer.
>>
>>29435888
Fucking weakling
>>
>>29435888
That means your muscles are working hard. Keep it up, anon, it's worth the pain!
>>
Try lifting.
>>
I remember a time when I could do 40 real push ups in one go.

no I wasn't fit. I had just been doing frequent push ups for a little while.

I got lazy again and stopped doing any exercise though

exercising is not fun.
>>
>>29435888
You wont ache like that ever again if you keep doing them.
>>
>>29436040
Obviously, everyone has to start somewhere.
>>29436070
Thank you anon. Should I wait for the aches to fully go away before doing more? 50 press ups / sit ups every 3 days doesn't seem like it will get me anywhere.
>>29436083
I bought some dumbbells off Amazon, will that do anything or do you mean bench press type lifting? I only have them on 6kg atm. I don't know how much to put on there.
>>
>>29436136
Hi Anon, you should get a gym membership if you're really looking to get a better body. You're right about 50 press ups and sit ups every three days not getting you anywhere, you'll need weights. You can exercise despite aching, but go slow at first since your body needs to adjust.
>>
>>29436136
Although that is a good place to start, at some point it would be recommendable that you stat paying atenttion to other areas than your core and chest aswell.

The easiest place to start is to get a yoga mat and some dumbells, but even those things can wait if you are just starting out. You don't need to immediately start pushing yourself as hard as possible if you are just starting out. That will only get you disinterested and scare you away for a long time, try to think of fitness as a long term lifestyle change, more like so that you will do atleast something every now and then. The biggest rookie mistake is srtictly schedualing yourself and going too hard on whatever, then getting bored and stopping alltogether. I know, because I have gone trough this circle a million times.

4 Times a week straining yourself in one way or another is plenty enough at first. If your chest and stomache ache, you can work on your back, arms or legs.

Personally I recommend getting a yoga mat as soon as possible and start stretching. Increased mobility that follows from that is one of the most dramatic changes you can notice of yourself, let alone getting some muscle to right places.
>>
>>29436432
Oh and also you should work on cardio, walking or running is good, but I personally recommend getting a bicycle and riding the shit out of it.
>>
>>29435888
the fuck are press ups
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 625x468
>>29435888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EhN-BXDkC8

>>29435888
>attempt some press ups and sit ups
>entire body still aches 3 days later
>go again the next day
>manage 5
>the next day
>manage 6
>the next day
>the next day
>4 months later
>101...102...103...104...AHHH COME ON!!!! 105! 106! 107! 108!...1..0...9....ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
>>
>>29436238
>>29436432
>>29436491
Thank you for the serious replies anons.
>>
>>29436639
it's what-the-fuck-are-you-doing speak for push ups
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.