[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 487x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 487x423
I always feel like when someone says, "yeah, well, life isn't fair" it's just a huge cop-out argument. It doesn't help anything and basically acknowledges that you're right. I mean shit, if I break into your house and bludgeon mom to death, I can't use, "life isn't fair" as a defense. Certainly I can't be the only one whose gears are ground by this.
>>
You technically can. You can do anything you want.
>>
>>29435350
Yeah pretty much. It depends on the context that it's used in though. If someone treats someone else badly on purpose, "life isn't fair" is a stupid argument. But, if someone asks "why do innocent children get cancer?", you should respond "life isn't fair, but with enough hard work you can put an end to it and make it fair".
>>
>>29435378
>You can do anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlD9JYP8u5E
>>
>>29435393
Well shit, people get murdered senselessly, that's just part of life and life "isn't fair." I wonder, why the hell should we bother participating in something that's unfair?
>>
>>29435434
>I wonder, why the hell should we bother participating in something that's unfair?
It's like playing a game. It's unfair, but you can slowly change the rules.
>>
>>29435350
If you don't wanna hear about life being unfair join a church or some shit. Everyone else, regardless of their beliefs, is gonna tell you life sucks. I agree any blank argument such as "Life isn't fair" is pointless, but it's usually just an opening statement for someone sharing their experiences- and those aren't pointless. listen to those.

The second part of your post is kinda off point. I mean there's a difference between responding to a fellow robot's complaints about the world and coming up with a cool catchphrase to say when murdering someone, right?
>>
>>29435414

ANITIIN
>>
Ain't nothin' like a good life full o' sufferin' to get all them crazy thoughts.

Seriously though.
Most people have no idea what psychological torment means to the victims. Whatever it is that pains them, every emotion feels real to the person feeling them. These others are looking for ways to justify their blussful existence while people with problems desperately try to find an objective truth to cling to in order to avoid any more disappointed hopes.

[Spoiler]Life is about avoidance. One way or the other life is nothing but time we spend trying not to think about where the path is taking us. Some put God, money or pussy at the end. These people are the actual reason why the world is a shitty place. You have chosen not to walk towards an Illusion and thus think about today. This is where the vicious circle closes as it is the reason being happy is even less likely.[/Spoiler]

Can anyone help me? I just want to be ignorant as fuck again.
>>
>>29435350

When I feel like life isn't fair, I read disease & disability statistics and I feel better about myself.
>>
>>29435350
The only time normies say 'life isn't fair' or agree with it is when they're not the ones getting fucked over
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.