[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/, help me out here. Why are people nervous around people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Pasta Chart.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4500) Image search: [Google]
Pasta Chart.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4500
/r9k/, help me out here. Why are people nervous around people in wheelchairs or the idea of ending up in one? I know it may seem obvious to you, but humor me here.
>>
>>29433413

People act nervous around disabled people because they're attempting to not pity the person and failing at it.

People don't want to be in wheelchairs because it makes almost everything in life harder (except your dick, which may or may not be dead depending on what kind of fucked up body you have) and a lot of things impossible, and people act nervous around you all the time.
>>
When you see something unusual in your environment you pay more attention to it and at the same time you feel like there is something wrong with doing so.
>>
I, for one, feel sorry for that person. Any smile I had turns into a straight face and I try to look at something else, as to not make them the center of attention unnecessarily.
>>
I am nervous around them because I am afraid they would need help even though they didn't ask for it. And then if they really need help and I am the closest person to them, I would have to provide it, but what if I can't?
>>
>>29433413
>Why are people nervous around people in wheelchairs
They don't know how to act around you without being patronizing or disrespectful. It's an elephant in the living room and they don't know how to deal with it. They probably want to know the story behind it but don't want to ask because it would be rude.

>the idea of ending up in one
Well no one WANTS to end up in a wheelchair.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.