[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit have you guys heard of this? Or seen it? I just no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: shutterstock_157154363-730x486.jpg (63 KB, 730x486) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_157154363-730x486.jpg
63 KB, 730x486
Holy shit have you guys heard of this? Or seen it? I just now found out about this guy but man he has balls of steel just approaching strangers in public and video taping them, I think he's in Seattle and let me tell you, the people he films are pretty fucking aggressive and mentally ill. I guess Seattle has lot of insane/homeless people who are also addicts, how do you feel about what he's doing? Do you think people are overreacting and getting too aggressive? I'm kind of neutral because on one hand it is annoying but on the other hand he wasn't really doing anything wrong, like nobody he video taped had any patience. A large majority of them verbal abused him, and then tried to assault him.

I just think it's amazing how cameraphobic people are, Jesus did you see these people's reactions? I mean holy fuck some of them got so enraged and offended, I guess I can understand if someone filming you makes you nervous but some of them thought he was a psychopath. Of course this was done in one state, in one city so not sure if it's just residents of Seattle that have low patience and anger issues. I take it you'd get similar reactions in other cities/states, I figured most people don't like a stranger just coming up to them and video taping them, it's very abnormal behavior in our society. It's just something we don't do, we don't just walk up to someone we don't know and start video taping them, it makes us uncomfortable and nervous because it goes against social/cultural norms of our society.

In a way I think some of the reactions were justified but going as far as to attack/assault him might have been too far, a lot of people threatened to "smash/break his camera" and others threatened to call the police, we even saw some chase after him and try to attack him. Obviously some of the people he recorded were clearly Schizophrenic or on some type of hard drug like methamphetamine so their reactions wouldn't count I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
>>
>>29432858
He's pretty aggresive about it.

Not sure of the point if the video.
>>
lTS
>>
>>29432858
I'd break his fucking phone if he tried to do that shit to me.
Who the fuck does that cunt think he is?
>>
>>29434208
JUST!
U
S
T
!

A!
!
>>
>>29434237
PRANK
RANK
ANK
NK
K
>>
>>29432858
it's just fucking weird

people are reacting in a completely reasonable way.

if he were to explain, what kind of statement he is trying to make with this, maybe people would accept it but he's just standing there
>>
this is actually really funny

what an idiot
>>
>>29432858
Holy shit that is hard to watch.
>>
>>29432858
>balls of steel
>going up to people minding their own business and annoying them and trying to instigate problems

yea no, guy is just an attention whore trying to get internet fame.
>>
>>29432858
30:38 that Latino kid is fucking based
>>
>>29434236
It's just a video, calm down.
>>
>>29432858
I'd smash his phone I can't freaking stand having my picture taken let alone be filmed
>>
>ywn hang out and make videos with SCM and Reviewbrah simultaneously
why live
>>
>>29434236
As long as you're in a public place he isn't breaking the law, have fun getting sued.
>>
>>29432858
He is non-ironically a hero.

Surveillence is so pervasive in this day and age, and it sounds like the average person doesnt care. "I have nothing to hide" and "who cares if the government watches be going to Starbucks" are the common responses. But the second you put an actual flesh and blood stranger behind the camera it becomes creepy and vouyeristic.
>>
>>29435072
There is a difference between if a business/government has me on security cameras and some guy who is video taping me to put on youtube for 1million plus views. If you don't see the difference than I can't help you. But ofcourse autist try to make this out to be some "social experiment".
>>
>>29434208
>>29434237
>>29434260
Pretty much this. I think I'd smash the guy's phone too. Also, there are actually countries in which filming strangers on the street is AGAINST the law. It is in my country at least, and I know I would have smashed the shit out of his camera.
>>
>>29435185
No. There really isnt a difference. Either way you're being tracked and monitored for monetary purposes. The only difference is who's profiting.
>>
>>29432858
>I just think it's amazing how cameraphobic people are

No it's not you fucking idiot, it's an invasion of privacy and if you're going to shove a camera in my face I'll just break it. Fuck this stupid decade and the cameras everywhere.
>>
>>29435251
>There really isnt a difference.

The difference is that the public/business security cams aren't going to be featured on youtube for the entire world to see you dumb fuck, mostly no one will even watch them.
>>
>>29435325
People probably wouldn't care about watching it if people didn't react the way they did.
>>
>>29435325
Yeah, they'll just ID you with facial recognition software and keep records of everywhere you go and sell the info to data collectors. No one's watching you, silly goyem.
>>
>47:20

feels

bloxyybloxy
>>
This is pretty funny but it is kinda different videotaping people outside on the street in public places vs in a class while they're trying to get shit done
>>
File: 1465691537976.jpg (22 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
1465691537976.jpg
22 KB, 600x324
>>29432858
>47:20 and 47:40
I was not prepared for this magnitude of feels
>>
>>29432858
I remember watching this a a few years ago, shit was hilarious and still is.
>Foock you, and the horse you rode in on
>>
Having a video camera stare at you for no reason is just the same as a normal person fucking stare at you, it's fucking creepy.
>>
IT'S
JUST
A
VIDEO
I
D
E
O
>>
>>29435251
I'd say there's a fairly significant difference. Going to a store or other public place where you know security cameras are prevalent prepares you for being filmed. You're aware filming will happen and you can decide to still go to that place. Of course nowadays I doubt there are any stores left without cameras so it's not really a completely free option, although buying over the internet gets easier every day. Furthermore those cameras tend to make footage of mediocre quality rather than full HD, and often in such angles that it takes a bit of effort to really recognize people on it you've never seen before, rather than close-up full frontal with the camera source moving with people and catching every single hair follicle with great detail.

Then there's the perceived intent (regardless of what the actual intent might be).
On one hand we have security cameras claimed to be used to protect the store owners and whatnot from crimes, the majority of footage shown being indeed used to try and get identifications on culprits or suspects of criminal activities; some footage is instead shown where "rekt" kind of events happen, with people rarely at all let alone clearly identifiable due to the low quality.
On the other hand there's the stranger using an HD camera pointed at people, with experience telling you the vast majority of strangers filming people having ill intent, intent to mock, ridicule, or even demonize people for personal gains. On top of that such videos are more often than not edited so that the cameraman seems more innocent than he is, to emphasize on the negative responses of those subject to being filmed, or otherwise manipulating the footage to work in the editor's favor.
>>
>>29436304
cont.
This specific video already shows many cuts in between. It's not unthinkable that the editor took out all less aggressive or more apathetic responses because it didn't fit his desired response. Plenty of instigating things one can say during those cuts with the same person to try and get the desired response.
More obvious where these things happen is "prank" and "social experiment" videos. Remember those videos posted here where some dude walks up to random women and gets phone numbers practically every single time? Needless to say plenty of failed attempts were taken out to rig the proclaimed success rates in those videos.

Knowing and having seen all this with strangers making videos, it's not that odd for people to lash out when becoming subjects for said videos.
Also this >>29435754. A lot of those reactions would've been pretty much the same if not very similar was the cameraman instead to just stare at the people from that close. It's not just creepy, but inherently can be seen as threatening or provocative. Staring can trigger a fight or flight (more often fight) response in many creatures; stare a creature in the eyes from up close and make a sudden move after a while, you'll likely get a response from it.
>>
File: 348508940948928.jpg (23 KB, 414x425) Image search: [Google]
348508940948928.jpg
23 KB, 414x425
old meme
still lulz though
people could avoid embarrassing themselves by not reacting but most everyone you meet will have literally zero self-awareness
>>
see pic reIated
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.