[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What net worth would you consider a lot of money? For a >25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1440403246723.jpg (166 KB, 1200x1156) Image search: [Google]
1440403246723.jpg
166 KB, 1200x1156
What net worth would you consider a lot of money? For a
>25 year old
>35 year old
>45 year old
>>
My dad said I should have $3,000,000 in my bank account by age 50 so I can retire and live off interest and survive on $50,000/year until I am 100.
>>
>100k
>1 mil
>still 1 mil
that never stops being a lot.
>>
>>29430568
how rich is your family?
>>
Lol, most people don't have shit at 25. At 35 , they've started saving for a few years, I'd be shocked if the average person has over 30k
At45, anything less than having six figures in your savings means you're gonna have a shitty retirement
>>
my dad is 64 and has $0 left, he already spent all of his retirement savings to pay off debts, thats after 45 years wage-cucking

and he wonders why im hesitant to work....LOL i aint cucking for 45 years to end up with literally $0
>>
>>29430530
1mil
10mil

After 10mil you can just sit back and relax.
>>
>>29430586
>1 mil never stops being a lot
>spoken like a tru poorfaggot
1 mil is not a lot right now in 2k16.
>>
>23 years old
>wagekek literally living on scraps
>great grandparents owned several factories or something
>great grandma set up some really fucked up will where her (and her husband's) fortune of ~$2,000,000 would be passed down to her son's grandchildren (not sure if he agreed to this or how the legal shit went down)
>family has been poor since as a result
>my grandpa was her only son
>I'm one of his two grandchildren, the other's 11
>grandpa's getting heart surgery as we speak, honestly close to his deathbed
>we don't know what the fortune's total is now, only that it has directly increased with both inflation and the bank's interest, and that it will be nigh-nontaxable since it will go through my grandma
>literally found this out yesterday

I feel like I'm cheating /r9k/
I swear I'll find some of you on the other side and give out several thousands of dollars or something

[sploiler]if it does happen as planned it will be in a future thread, nothing posted now will have any effect[/spoiler]
>>
>>29430863
This is the most accurate. Im not saying any of us are successful but so many people are financially fucked for retirement. There was a recent survey of people who would need to rely on credit for any small emergency that was only 400 dollars...
>>
File: 1461712153665.png (106 KB, 215x340) Image search: [Google]
1461712153665.png
106 KB, 215x340
>tfw have 1,5 million currently willed to me
>already invested earning 8% average interest a year
>will be 3 to 6 million by the time I inherit
>meanwhile I have partial access
>>
If you get to 25, finished some form of education, and have no debt or credits and a small amount (<5000) in savings you can consider yourself amongst the upper middle class.
>>
File: 1440262251416.gif (567 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
1440262251416.gif
567 KB, 300x456
>will get inheritance when I turn 30
>its currently worth 800k
>i'm 21

just 9 more years of sadness desu
>>
>>29431546
I got a pretty good chunk of money from my granny when I was 23. Not a mind blowing amount but enough to basically do whatever I wanted for the next 5 years. I used a chunk of it for grad school but had a pretty good paying job so basically still have most of it. It's nice avoiding that financial uncertainty a lot of young adults go through.
....I really need to visit her more often.
>>
>be 24.5
>have 6k saved
>at least I could afford an emergency unlike the majority of people my age
>>
>>29430530
>$10,000
>$50,000
>$500,000 - A milly

Im 24 with $30k student debt and $2k into overdraft. Just 6 more months of living in a tent near university, drinking from a stream, eating beans and local wildlife until I get a job.
>>
>>29432231
>2k over draft
m8...
>>
>>29432318
Its interest free while im studying thank fuck. I had a few thousand saved up but go into gambling, drugs, smoking and alcohol as well as maintaining a car that died on me anyway. PLUS general life expenses put me in my tent. I've given up being a decent human being while I study.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.