[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weed smokers: Do you want to quit deep down, but can't?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13
File: ZjNk7gv.jpg (85 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
ZjNk7gv.jpg
85 KB, 500x644
Weed smokers: Do you want to quit deep down, but can't?
>>
>>29429537
I don't want to quit, but I'd certainly like to smoke less.
>>
microdosing is the way
>>
File: prna.jpg (39 KB, 300x533) Image search: [Google]
prna.jpg
39 KB, 300x533
Every long term weed smoker I know has slowly developed depression. Then they convince themselves the weed is helping with the depression because they feel better when they smoke.

They will try to stop for a few days and it feels like absolute hell, so they use this to further justify the belief that weed is curing their problems when it's actually the cause of them.
>>
Eh, whenever I start back up its always at an appropriate time, but since Ill never finish it immediately, the next couple days I start to let things go and get lazy. And as such I get in a rut.

Its hard for me to keep it cool. Alcohol is a much more functional drug for me.
>>
>>29429594
I can confirm this from experience.
I used to to think weed was an escape back in highschool, but really it was what was holding me back. Its also the reason I failed two classes freshman year of college.
>>
>>29429594
>tfw I know a guy to dabs 24/7 yet is an acclaimed college athlete who is going to the Olympic Trials and does pretty well in all his classes.
I dont know how people do it.
>>
The biggest losers I've ever met, with dead end jobs and no passion/ambition/future were all chronic weed smokers. Their top priority in life was staying high as much as possible.
>>
>>29429586
>>29429586
This.
The only thing I'm unhappy about is how much this habit eats into my wallet
>>
>>29429660
Somehow that means he can't be depressed?
>>
>>29429594
>>29429641
>>29429660
>>29429664
The problem isnt weed per say, but its the stoner mentality. Strains these are so strong its debilitating, so when people feel the brain fog and soreness (atleast I get soreness, idk about anyone else), they think the solution is to smoke more. Stoners are basically binge drinkers, but because its just weed they never quite hit rock bottom to wake the fuck up.
Just like alcohol, theres people who can do just fine. But its very easy for it to become a problem when people start losing their good state of mind.
>>
>>29429537
No and yes maybe a little. But I still enjoy doing it. Still healthy and it makes more honestly much more relaxed.
>>
>>29429724
Good point, I guess it doesnt.
I wasnt really trying to refute the guy, just point out how jealous I am of people who can smoke like a caterpillar and still get shit done. It always puts me in a rut.
>>
>>29429800
I feel you, I wish I could smoke nowadays but I just have too much shit to do. I know if I smoke I'll end up sitting around for a few hours and not get anything done.
>>
Yes i do want to quit weed is bad for me and i am an addict. Hold on, *hits blunt*. Actually you know what no, no i dont want go quit weed at all. Weed is dope.
>>
>>29429594
ive found that it made me realize my depression more than anything else in my life. It didn't cause it but the introspection I would have about myself would make me realize that yes, I am depressed. I wouldn't say it caused it because it was there before but as it got worse with time, I then started weed smoking and boom. I saw my life for what it was. Personally I got fitter, I started eating healthier, I found the right strain that worked for a daytime high of killing anxiety and found it easier to be around people and joke around like my old self. I don't ever feel bad for going a day or a week without smoking but then again I smoke 1 bowl or sometimes more if I have company.

Being smoked out all day sucks though and cutting back to consume less is what ive found to work best for me. I didn't want to be a stoner who sat around and did nothing but instead I use it to help me.
>>
I'm thinking about starting. I never had a weed phase in high school, but my life is is a joke anyway, so I was thinking that I may as well just be baked all the time.
>>
>>29429594
>when it's actually the cause of them.
You seem to be pulling this out of your ass.

I think it's more correlation, people who are naturally depressed and already don't care about chasing arbitrary futures tend to smoke more. I would consider myself developing depression since 15, smoked from 18-21 (24 now), I was the least depressed and the most active (doing well in classes etc) while I was smoking and for the few months afterwards. Point is that late adolesence exacerbates depression regardless of whether they smoke or not.
>>
I quit 2 years ago. craved it every single day since.
>>
File: 21.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
I quit 2 months ago.

Went through some weird withdrawal symptoms like having an ass that poured out rivers of sweat for no reason, night shivers, insomnia, etc.

After 2 weeks that went away and it was smooth as fuck sailing.
>>
I don't even like smoking anymore yet i still smoke errday
>>
>>29429537
>using drugs

It's like you fuckers actually want to be normie

gtfo
>>
used to smoke 2-3 times a day and eventually the high changed into shitty hellishness. smoked with some people last weekend after a ~4 week break and i got such bad social anxiety. being around girls is really weird and uncomfortable when i smoke. its part the weed bringing up deep-rooted insecurities but i also just cant help but think extremely negative thoughts when i get high around people, which isnt really me sober. anyone here conquer weed anxiety? do i just need to straighten my sober life out?
>>
File: sigh.jpg (119 KB, 480x642) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
119 KB, 480x642
It's not that it makes you depressed, it's that it amplifies existing depression.

Sitting there doing nothing while stoned is a great way to make yourself feel like a disappointment.

I love smoking, here's is something that worked for me. Only smoke after 8pm and only if you have done atleast one productive thing that day (gym, finished an assignment early, ect...). Not everyday has to be amazing, but doing something that is productive for atleast 6 hrs is the way to get out of the never ending cycle of depression.

For example, I would not smoke if I hadnt ATLEAST worked out that day. Spending 1-2 hrs at the gym is such an easy productive thing to do. Getting high without having done that is a great way to make you want to kill yourself.
>>
>>29430576
on a similar note, getting high and doing worthless garbage like eating candy/jerking off/binge-watching cartoons is gonna make u feel shitty because doing that stuff makes u feel shitty when you're sober. when u get high try doing something physically or mentally trying, like going for a run or reading, feels cash.
>>
I was a stoner and quit for probation. Haven't had any withdrawals or anything.
>>
>>29429537
>>29429586
>>29429702

Yeah this is my biggest problem. I don't want to quit but I wish I could get more for less. I just went through an OUNCE of midgrade in a week. I just don't fucking stop, or even if I do I still somehow manage to smoke all the weed I have in a weeks time.

I just wish I could smoke a bowl and be high for a longer period of time, like when I first started. I now I need a tolerance break, but I keep taking them but the RATE of tolerance increases doesn't change.

It's weird /r9k/ I feel bad for wanting to be high all the time, I see how it's negatively effecting my wallet but that's really about it. If I had the cash and maybe I had some less free time maybe it wouldn't be this much of a problem.

When I'm sober I don't magically get better, I spent most time posting here and being pissed off all the time.
>>
>>29431158
then you know your problem lies in getting your life together, its gotta be expensive to keep an ounce a week habit but then again im a cheapass stoner and at most smoke an eight a week of my own home grown stuff
>>
File: 1457240960868.jpg (485 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1457240960868.jpg
485 KB, 1280x1707
>>29429594

I can see where people get this idea, but it's not everyone. I've been diagnosed with clinical depression, I think I've had it since childhood, since I have a deformity and was severally bullied growing up. I have issues. I smoked weed and got high for the first time only at like 22. When I started doing everyone in my life got super worried and convinced me it was hurting me and I had to quit.

Then I had the worst two years of my life where my depression was the worst. I think weed made me realize how depressed I was and bottling things inside. This whole ordeal ending with me in a pysch ward anyway and being diagnosed with clinical depression.

Now? Now I smoke weed and not give a fuck what the normies want. I've noticed my natural depression declining over time. Sometimes it's the only way for me to feel the emotions of joy or contentedness or just being a good mood.
>>
>>29429594
How exactly can you make a fair judgement when you don't know how many of those people began smoking to self medicate their already existing depression?
>>
>>29431311
The loudest and most confident are usually the wrongest
>>
>>29431311
>began smoking to self medicate their already existing depression

good one. almost had me
>>
File: 1428127935507.jpg (134 KB, 475x300) Image search: [Google]
1428127935507.jpg
134 KB, 475x300
>>29430576

This is what I need to do more of. Self-control is an issue for me, maybe it's depression but I'll spend the whole day pacing back and forth in my room trying to decide what to do that day and end up doing nothing. That's sober. That's me sober.

>>29430669

Yeah and I put myself in this position where I said I need weed for productive things, like writing or drawing. But I end up eating too much and jerking off most of the time and don't get around to the more productive things anymore. Again, self-control.

I'm so weird too, Sober Me says "I want to wait until I get high so I can read this book and enjoy it more or think about it more..." then I get high and I don't read the book because I think since I'm high I might not remember everything!
>>
>>29431311

Do I get any credit for self-medicating if the disease wasn't self-diagnosed?
>>
>>29429594
is every long term weed smoker you know a kid, ie under 25? All the older long term smokers I know aren't depressed at all, myself included
>>
File: 1451408782012.jpg (101 KB, 683x641) Image search: [Google]
1451408782012.jpg
101 KB, 683x641
>>29429537
>smoke and do nothing but shitpost and watch TV
>damn i should quit I have no motivation
>quit
>one year goes by
>have done nothing but shitpost and watch TV
>remember that's all i did before weed too
at least I was high
>>
>>29431557

This is what I'm talking about. It's easy for other people to convince you were lazy because of the weed, it's difficult and noble to admit you were just lazy period, the weed made it more enjoyable.

Weed doesn't make people lazy, lazy people just really like weed because it makes you feel better about being lazy.
>>
>>29431605
I just can't stop thinking about how I'd rather be dead to bother with actually living
>>
>>29429594
Literally this.
>dude weed XD
>>
>>29431701
Having fun posting? Heres a reply for effort
>>
I can quit but I see no real need to do anything more than limit my use.
If you think about it, it takes more willpower to smoke less than to completely quit.
>>
>>29430492
>doho guys look at me still saying only normies use drugs
>>
>implying weed junkies are capable of complex thought
>>
>>29431823
Drugs are for degenerates exlusively, and most degenerates are normies.
>>
>>29431846
you an islamist?
>>
>>29429537
If you're smoking everyday, browsing /r9k/ everyday and don't want to quit, you're addicted and in denial. This is coming from somebody who was in this situation. I smoked every day for 3 years and quit cold turkey 2 months ago. My life is so much better already, I'm much happier and active. Please robots, it's not gonna get any better if you don't quit or at least cut down. The first few weeks are hell, but it's worth it.
>>
Yes I fucking wasted my life and want to stop wasting it
>>
>>29429594
Extremely accurate from a habitual weed smoker, high school stoners need not reply
>>
I only smoke on weekends so I have zero reason to stop
>>
>>29431830

>implying you are capable of complex thought.
>>
>>29431880

I actually hate 4chan when I'm high. I feel like it's a waste of me being high, but when I'm sober I'm stuck on it.
>>
I used to smoke weed and hang out with stupid stoners. My first time smoking was when I only took one hit and didn't feel anything. Then it slowly progressed to taking two hits some other time. Then I started participating in a session. Eventually I ended up buying my own and smoking all the time. I needed weed just to get through the day like going to classes. It was the only thing that brought me happiness at all. I had poor self control too. I would go through it quickly and smoke too much in one session. Turns out I was already mentally fucked before the weed and it just brought me a temporary happiness. But my habit was bad because I would get very anxious and paranoid about death while high and then feel moody when I was sober. I'm done with that shit for good. It wasn't good for me. I think I'm already suffering from depression and social anxiety or PTSD so Id rather stay away from it.
>>
>>29432006
I always laugh my ass off when I browse 4chan high, the way everyone talks to each other is just hilarious
>>
File: 4L_6ec47o2Z.jpg (25 KB, 541x569) Image search: [Google]
4L_6ec47o2Z.jpg
25 KB, 541x569
Am I an "addict" if I smoke kinda a lot (3 blunts max) only on the weekends? Should I cut it down? Been doing this for a few months and it doesn't seem to affect me that much, on the weekdays at least
>>
>>29433362
I'm sure if you were an addict you'd know about it

Would you consider someone who drinks on weekends an addict? Pretty sure that makes the majority of people alcoholics
>>
Honestly no.

Every time I really want to quit I do, I went nearly a year without smoking, after having smoked for 2 years pretty much every day. I went through a bout of hardcore paranoia anxiety and depression and forced myself to stop. When I finally felt like i was better mental health wise I went back, I only smoke maybe 3 times a week now though
>>
whats the problem smoking just once a week?
did that for one year already and no problem
>>
>>29433362
That's nowehere close to being an addict. Unless you feel physically and emotionally bound to smoking you're not addicted. If however you do feel like that, you should consider suicide as your mental capacity would be lower as that of a rock.
>>
>>29433404
Yeah, but EVERY WEEKEND... I feel like it's becoming an habit and I wouldn't be able to stop. Btw, I started smoking this year, so idk how often is a "healthy" dose
>>
File: 1462431511799.jpg (25 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
1462431511799.jpg
25 KB, 221x228
>He can't quit weed
Smoked since 15, 21 now and have quit for over a year now. It's not that hard.
>>
>>29433492
The only times weed is ever a problem is when people smoke it every day or at least most days for years on end, smoking on weekends is nothing to worry about
>>
>>29429594
This
The next 3-4 days after smoking I feel much more low than before. I had a 2 month break for exams, and my mood and sociability had improved a shit tonne. Bear in mind I hadn't quit substances alltogether, I still drank.
However as soon as I smoked two days in a row, the following week I felt lower than I'd ever felt this year. Weed for sure negatively affects my mood.
>>
I was a long term pot smoker and then I decided if I was going to be a dirty stoner loser I'd buy the best technology I could afford for it and go from there. Bought myself one of those expensive Volcano vaporizers a few years ago. After a year of vaping+smoking I started liking smoking less and less over time. Now I only smoke on special occasions or if offered. I feel great actually. No more random coughing during the day or when I bend over. Much higher lung capacity. The taste of the vapor so much more preferable to a dirty pipe. Arguably you don't get ripped like a giant hit off a clean bong but after years of using weed you stop caring about that kind of shit except with friends.

So I expected to ramp up my weed use with the vape but for some reason I'm just one of those vapefags now. I bought a portable vape so I could take it outside too. I used so much less and it saves me a fortune. Also I've got this giant jar full of the stuff I've already vaped that I'm going to use to make some dirty cannibutter.

Best advice I can give anyone in this thread is to smoke/vape every other day rather than every day. Really helps you think more clearly. I'm pretty fucking useless the morning after smoking. Functioning...just slow
>>
File: fdsagsg.jpg (41 KB, 276x228) Image search: [Google]
fdsagsg.jpg
41 KB, 276x228
>he smokes blunts/joints
i hope you guys dont do this
bong is robot tier,bong means home.
>>
>>29433500
>all people are me
I'm not even addicted to anything, but showing that you can't understand that different people are, well, differente, is a sign of low IQ.
>>
>>29429537

I'm a tobacco smoker but I want to quit so I can exercise better and save more money .
>>
File: 4L_WRKkGsW5.gif (160 KB, 390x379) Image search: [Google]
4L_WRKkGsW5.gif
160 KB, 390x379
>>29433705
>being rich enough to buy a bong
gtfo normie
>>
I quit at new years and only smoked at some special occasions (gfs birthday, some parties and concerts)

I quit because I realized that I get high everyday in order to cope with my problems. It helped me. It really did.

But only at the beginning. After years of wake and bake I became even more anxious and prone to panic attacks. I had to stop.

Now I solve my problems by talking about them and working on them.

Don't even miss it. It only numbs you down
>>
>>29429594
How do you know they weren't depressed from the start, but just hid it better?

>>29429764
>brain fog
That's the best to describe how weed feels to me.

I can't wake up the next day. It's like I'm way too tired. And I will have this foggy clouded judgment of everything. I don't want to do anything and I don't want to achieve anything

Only after a couple days it gets better
>>
>>29433492
It becomes addictive if you use it as an way to escape. If you start to rely on it

You are using it simply in the weekends. That's no problem.
>>
>>29434062
That's weird, whenever I smoke I'm always really refreshed and full of energy the next day.
Might be because I stick to smoking once or twice a week.
>>
>>29434089
I also feel refreshed. Apparently most people feel lazy the next day though
>>
>>29434257
I only feel lazy during.
Always energised the next day.
>>
>>29429537
Dude weed lmao

I smoke but it's overhyped by Jews and niggers
>>
>>29429537
I've smoked almost every day for the past year

It didn't interfere too much with school/work because I only did it in the evenings.

I read a book on psychiatric drugs last week that made me wanna stop, mostly because of the mental effects. I'm not even that concerned about relapsing or anything, but for the time being I'm not smoking and it feels alright. I just sit at home and shitpost all day anyways but I feel less lazy now, also it's nice to experience vivid dreams again.
>>
>>29430246
>Tfw weed is expensive as fuck
>>
I smoke nearly every night with a dugout, so I go through like a gram a week, is that bad?? Been doing it for nearly 2 months now.
>>
Itt: self-diagnosed normies blaming weed for their problems.

Weed makes you lazy
Cheeseburgers make you fat
Video games make you socially retarded
Anime makes you autistic
Alcohol makes you violent
Tv will makes you dumb
Porn makes you impotent

EXCUSES
X
C
U
E
S

How is this?

Your poor self-control makes you a shitty person?
>>
>>29429537
>Do you want to quit deep down
Thoughts about quitting for good do occur to me so I can't argue that, perhaps, a part of me does see it as something I shouldn't be doing.
Still, I think we should base our decisions on our conscious conclusions, not our "deep down" paranoias and fears, don't you agree?

>but can't
I did, quite a few times for different periods of time. And I've seen friends who smoked just as much as me quit too, either for good or for long periods of time. You can't get addicted to weed, faggot, it's

>for a few days and it feels like absolute hell

like that baiting faggot down there said, but after those few days it's all gone. it's weed, not opium for fuck's sake. and you can even dump opium by just abstaining until the anxiety passes.
>>
>quit
I used to smoke every day, now I rarely smoke any.
>>
I can, it's just really hard to get to sleep in the summer when I don't smoke the herbal Jew. High temperatures make it impossible for me to fall asleep sober
>>
Am I literally the only person that has 3 sessions a month maximum?

I never met anyone in between, they're either all the time or none at all.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.