[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My therapist told me crying and showing emotion would make women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10
My therapist told me crying and showing emotion would make women more attracted to me?

Some of my male friends and family tell me this a big no-no.

Who is right?
>>
>>29429534
is your therapist a man or a woman?
original comment desu
>>
>>29429534
Here is what I learned from life experience. Do the exact opposite in relationships that women give you as advice for relationships.
>>
I'll have to go with your friends and family on this one. Crying and showing emotion is a one-way ticket to the friendzone or whatever PC name it's called now.
>>
>>29429534
Obviosly your male peers.
>>
>>29429534
Being loose will make them your friend

Being stubborn will get the panties to drop
>>
>>29429534
You probably shouldn't cry unless its something super serious like a close friend or family member dying. The only time I would cry to a girl would be family or my girlfriend because they would be fine with it and be glad to comfort me. Other women would kinda be like "wtf is he crying for? ugh this is awkward but i guess i have to help him not be a bitch" and so on
>>
she is lying,god i hate therapists so much.

>JUST BEE URSELF,DONT COMMIT SUDOKU.
>THAT'LL BE 1000 DOLLARS,THANKS.
>>
Your male friends. Crying in front of girls is guaranteed friend zone, hands down.
>>
>>29429534
Never listen to what women tell you they find attractive.
They are telling you what they THINK they find attractive, not what they ACTUALLY find attractive.
Of course men are not experts on women, but it is easier to see the truth from an outside perspective.
>>
>>29429612
Kek

>Be me
>I've tried medicine x with my old doctor and it didn't work. I know you don't want to prescribe heavy stuff but please do
>"I got you something you can take out at the hospital"
It's fucking x and I have to pay for it
>>
>>29429628
>>29429564
>>29429555
Yeah, that's what they told me. Aren't women upset that their boyfriends don't share their emotions.

>>29429612
Who can I trust then?
>>
>>29429534
>when you use your last resort to check out the therapist's tits

Also, let's be honest for people who can get as bitter as us, "crying" will lead to threats/hints of violence which is LITERALLY rape.
>>
>>29429534
Women dont want men who have human emotions. They want men to be things they can use for money and protection. Once you show youre weak her pussy dries up because you cant offer her protection.

Women are dogs.
>>
>>29429534
Women love when men show emotion, as long as it's positive or negative in only certain cases.

They love a guy who is passionate about something, they love a guy who will laugh and show joy when he's having fun, they love a guy who can be happy about their own and others successes and accomplishments.

As for negative emotions, they love a man who will get upset and sad things that happen to others, like if their girlfriend is upset and he shows empathy by being sad with her, or something like a death in the family. About the only time a man is allowed to cry, and it's only allowed to be the kind of crying that is obviously trying to be suppressed, but it's so bad they can't stop it entirely.

A man showing negative emotions about himself is pretty much never going to end well. Say he's stressed out and thinks his girlfriend might be supportive of him so he tells her about what's stressing him out? She's going to think that's super weird. He's supposed to be the one that supports her... how can he support her if he can't even support himself? Daddy taught her that men aren't supported to be emotional about their problems, they either don't have problems or they just take care of them themselves. How is her protector and provider supposed to protect and provide for her if he's a crying mess?
>>
>>29430094
This was my post
>>29430094

Youre right I just didnt want to go into detail. But the overall theme is they dont want weak emotions. Everything is fine and expected. They want all of the positive emotions but you're not allowed to have normal human emotions that are related to sadness for yourself or she will think you're disgusting.

They will also expect you to treat her sadness and problems like its everything in the world.They dont care about your negative emotions
>>
>>29429534
>crying in front of a female = not seen as manly
>crying on front of a male = looked at as a fag
>>
When you know the woman well, you have a good reason to express emotion, and make it seem like you're only allowing yourself a moment of weakness because you feel so comfortable around her because she's that special to you.
It's situational when to use that trick, and it should be used rarely.
>>
>>29429954
>he's a 3/10 who exclusively jerks off to staceys
>he gets mad when stacey won't date him
>he posts his virgin rage on r9k when she sends him snapchats of her hanging out with jamal
>>
Not the therapist. I don't think any girl finds weakness to be attractive, some out right hate weakness.
>>
>>29430094
In other words, it's okay for men to show emotion when those emotions directly benefit the woman in your life. Best to save the emotions for your best bro-friend. Anyone else would see it as weakness.
>>
>>29429534
>My therapist told me crying and showing emotion would make women more attracted to me?

She is completely wrong. Women hate vulnerable men, and men hate vulnerable men.
>>
>>29430222
Women want strong men. I dont know whats so wrong with what i said. Women are always telling men to man up, to not be push overs, to be protectors. Seeing men cry and be depressed makes them be unattracted to the man.

I jerk off to the idea of having sex of the girl who I love who doesnt know I exist.
>>
File: 1438581338349.jpg (40 KB, 577x474) Image search: [Google]
1438581338349.jpg
40 KB, 577x474
>>29429534
If you want to go full straight fag, then yes.

Girls are very, very attracted to effeminate "men" who accessorize and are interested in makeup and all that shit.

You can't just be a whiny guy, though. You need to be a girl.
>>
File: Ancient drawing pepe.jpg (59 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
Ancient drawing pepe.jpg
59 KB, 500x457
>>29429534
>Who is right

the actual males assuming they have had gfs, woman are attracted to chad personality's , not crybaby bitch ones.

if fact, NEVER cry or show weak emotions around anybody. especially females. even if they pretend to show sympathy, deep down they will think you are weak and pathetic and lets not forget that they will use it against you in the future, girls do that especially. i know you want to "vent" and you probably want to get some things off your chest but the danger and reality of crying in front of people is too immense on whats left of your social life, the drawbacks of it are just too great.

i remember doing that and immediately regretting my display of weakness, there are other ways to find peace anon, just search for it.

if you need to cry do it alone the only person who actually cares if anybody is your mom.
>>
>>29430414
Pretty much. Keep it locked down around anyone but a really close guy friend or a therapist.
>>
You can cry after you've been dating for a while and only to major things like death of parents, loss of limb, who ever dies in nier2.
>>
Showing emotion will make the right women attracted to you.
Not showing emotion might make more attracted to you but I wouldn't want to be a roastie magnet if I were you.
>>
>>29430587
>tfw unable to show emotion

Kill me
>>
>>29429954

>>Women are dogs.

Ramsey?
>>
Women want a guy who can occasionally, and only to them, show some sort of emotion or vulnerablity. They do not want a guy who is always emotional or completely lacking in emotion.

It's like on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a Terminator and 10 being a woman, you want to shoot for a 2 at the start, and ease up to a 3 as time goes on. But no more than that. Bitches are the emotionally turbulent ones, you have to be the rock.
>>
>>29430675
Yes women are dogs. Animals. Beasts.

Theyre selfish, manipulative, and heartless.
>>
File: 1452012128647s.jpg (8 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1452012128647s.jpg
8 KB, 250x242
whats the point of a relationship with my partner who i thaught would be my life companion if i cant show my true emotions whenever i feel like it ?

is a relationship just an exchange of shitty acting to seem like the perfect Partner to make it seem less strange that im getting physical with that person ?

the differences between a relationship and just going to a hooker is getting smaller everyday

at least both camps are totally honest about their intentions when im visiting a hooker

i know just bee urslf bruh is a shitty advice but i thaught it would be enough after i got into a relationship and now its seems that a date with a hooker rather allows me to just bee myself than my actual "gf" would
>>
>>29429534
girls like it when chad cries once in a while because they like to feel like they can be there for chad when he's vulnerable which means she's important to him.

if you're not already someone she wants to be with at best your a sad puppy which she feels sorry for. realistically, you'd probably just be the weird homeless guy having a mental breakdown and she'll avoid you.
>>
>>29430808
The world isn't mean for you. Women want a strong man to pass their genes on. You obviously can't provide that.

In the animal kingdom a crippled animal does not get to breed because it would be fair. The are ignored by the females and left die and not spread their genes.
>>
>>29430732
>permanently at 2
>tfw still no gf
>>
>>29430808
Imagine how you would feel if your gf wouldn't shut up about her wild history. That's how women feel when their men is always emotional.
>>
You do not show any emotion around women. The instant you show even the slightest hint of weakness she will lose respect for you and either cheat on you or leave you.

Women are the emotional children that need a strong, stoic, masculine figure to lean on. Women literally do not understand the concept men feel just as much emotion but need to repress it.

Understand that the most attractive traits to females are utter ruthlessness and ambition and social dominance, not sensitivity.

Understand that women have no idea what they want and generally speaking the exact opposite of what they say they want is what they really want on an unconscious level.

Your therapist is female or retarded, probably both.
>>
>>29430094
This guy is right.

>>29430808
People will think slightly better of you.
>>
>>29429534

Your therapist is an idiot
>>
>>29429555
>Dem trips of truth
I-I cannot unsee
>>
The second a woman sees you cry is the second you stop being a man to her

Even if she's a nice lady, she just won't respect you the same
>>
>>29429897
>Who can I trust then?
Nobody.
>>
>>29429534
It's healthy to cry and show emotion when you need to, OP.
Whether or not it will make you attractive to women depends entirely on the woman in question.

Some women appreciate a dude who's sensitive and open, others appreciate a guy who's more of an enigma.

How's about this; you do whatever suits YOU best?
You feel like crying? Have yourself a cry.
If you need to share with others, go for it.
If you prefer to be alone, that's fine too.

Don't try to repress your emotions just because you think it'll get you a date, that ain't healthy. Same goes for keeping em in check; you need to find a proper emotional balance so that YOU are happy and comfortable.
>>
>>29430094
>Daddy taught her that men aren't supported to be emotional about their problems, they either don't have problems or they just take care of them themselves. How is her protector and provider supposed to protect and provide for her if he's a crying mess?
Sounds like you've been chasing some real basket cases, anon.
Shoot for the well-adjusted chick next time (or one who grew up without a father).
>>
>>29429534
show emotion to women is just a final nail in the coffin sort of thing

she's either at 90% likes your or 90% hates you and showing emotion will push her fully the way she was leaning
>>
>>29430808
>whats the point of a relationship with my partner who i thaught would be my life companion if i cant show my true emotions whenever i feel like it ?
I imagine there's no point in such a thing, which is why you should pursue a stable relationship with a good, sensible person (assuming you are also good and sensible yourself).

>is a relationship just an exchange of shitty acting to seem like the perfect Partner to make it seem less strange that im getting physical with that person ?
No, that's more like elaborate prostitution. A good relationship usually involves two people who would want to be near each other even if they weren't mashing genitals.

>the differences between a relationship and just going to a hooker is getting smaller everyday
It can sometimes seem like that, yes. There's a lot of shitty people in the world. Lot of good people too, but shit stinks, and thus stands out much more prominently.

>at least both camps are totally honest about their intentions when im visiting a hooker
I should hope so, those situations could be risky depending on the circumstances.

>i know just bee urslf bruh is a shitty advice but i thaught it would be enough after i got into a relationship and now its seems that a date with a hooker rather allows me to just bee myself than my actual "gf" would
Maybe you should rethink your relationship? I mean, you're saying that paying a hooker would be more fulfilling, that's like eating a cheeseburger and saying "I may as well be filling my mouth with dirt". If you LIKE eating dirt, then by all means continue, but there's surely other, better cheeseburgers in the world, just waiting to be eaten.

Don't give up, fella.
Just look at things with some perspective and do what suits YOU.
"lol just be urself" is terrible advice, yes. The real saying should be "be HAPPY being yourself; and if you aren't happy, make yourself someone you'll be happy to be".

Happiness is the key, anon. Focus on what really matters (hint: it's you).
>>
>>29431582
>Shoot for the well-adjusted chick next time (or one who grew up without a father
Which is it then?

It's not about her Dad anyway. Girls want the guy to support them not the other way around.
>>
>>29431672
>Girls want the guy to support them not the other way around.
"Girls" is the key word here.
Aim for a woman.
Or rather, someone who is not only physically a woman, but MENTALLY a woman as well.

If you don't want to date a thot who will suck your money away when she's not sucking your big meaty D, don't go after those kinds of girls.

It can be frustrating, sifting through the skanks, but it's up to you to decide if finding a diamond in the rough is worth it or not.
>>
I should've listened to /r9k/. I was ok with my female shrink because she was nice to me but now that I'm a few weeks into CBT she's seeming more and more useless.
>>
>>29430768
Nigga, have you ever had a dog?
Don't compare a drain on societal resources with a beautiful domesticated animal that protects it's owner. Unless it's a Chihuahua, but who cares about Chihuahuas?
>>
>>29431569
Golden mean fallacy
>>
>>29431582
Dude, this is common knowledge

Just like how girls prefer frowning or neutral looking guys to smiling idiots
>>
>>29431717
>picking on semantics

I ain't eating a ton of shit because there might be a grain of corn in it. Okay hombre.

>>29431748
What's the dumbest thing she's said to you? Mine said that I don't have to get a job or qualifications if I don't want to.
>>
>>29431717
Women never mature mentally past 12

You're talking about unicorns
>>
File: mCv5Zk8b.jpg (17 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
mCv5Zk8b.jpg
17 KB, 160x160
Do not, I repeat DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVER SHOW EMOTION OR EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT TO WOMEN. It is the single turning point at which they realize they can do better and pull your strings. NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29431827
>>29431815
If the odds of finding a good girl are near zilch and it's not worth it to bother with the crummier ones, then why bother?
Why not try to find purpose or meaning in some other aspect of life?

>I really want a unicorn, but I'd never put up with some stupid horse
>Despite me wanting a unicorn, I'm convinced they don't exist
>Horses are fucking terrible, yet they're all I occupy myself with

You see my confusion here?
It looks as though you're orchestrating your own frustration, friend.
>>
>>29429897
When girls say they want their boyfriends to show emotion, they mean they want them to show the rights emotions.

Right emotions = anything that guys in romance movies show, literally anything from any popular movie

Show the *right* emotion and if you go off-script, whatever you do don't ever show weakness because women want a strong man.

Also, don't ever ever EVER cry.
>>
Women are hardwired to be disgusted by male weakness. A lot of them say things like "oh well you need to get a mature WOMAN who accepts emotions," but all women are like that. They hate nothing more than seeing their sexual partner display weakness. They hate it on the most instinctual level because it's telling them (correctly or incorrectly, doesn't matter) that they made a mistake in sexual selection, that their mate is weak and inferior. It's the same as if your girl suddenly bloated up to 500 pounds overnight. Bonerkill.

It's not fair, but you need to accept it.

If you have trouble handling your emotions, take up meditation.
>>
>>29429534
both are correct, the value of emotion is seen different in every eye, in every context

some people will see weakness, some people will see strength
>>
>>29430888
you cant compare that

its not at all a profound need to blabber about that

it is however an honest need not to hide your emotions
>>
>>29431893
It's more like if your one night stand asked when she gets to meet your parents
>>
>>29431815
>What's the dumbest thing she's said to you?
She keeps giving me useless homework assignments like finding a role model. Even when I told her I'm too depressed to admire people with better genetics/upbringing/etc. she told me to find one anyway. I guess could tell her Elliot Rodger, that'd be bretty funny.
>>
File: blue lantern.jpg (74 KB, 420x262) Image search: [Google]
blue lantern.jpg
74 KB, 420x262
>>29431794
I don't follow.
I'm simply saying that OP's priorities are not in check.

He's asking whether he should be emotionally expressive or emotionally distant based on what will net him a girl; the sensible option is to disregard what will get him a girl (at least in regards to his emotions), favoring what makes him feel comfortable.

He's placed women on a pedestal, which is a bad thing to do. Instead of custom-molding aspects of who he is to please women, he should be defining and celebrating who he is to please HIMSELF.

Some women like emotionally-distant man's men. Some women like expressive, sensitive fellas.
But ALL people gravitate towards those who have a strong sense of self-worth. A lust for life is infectious, my friend.

If you make yourself happy with yourself, the good things that will come to you will merely be the cherries atop a delicious life sundae.
>>
why do redpilled men end up finding female therapists?

when are they ever going to take up the superior blackpill?
>>
>>29431893
>Women are hardwired to be disgusted by male weakness
I'd say this is true of most people.
The thing is, what people consider to be "weakness" varies from person to person.

Some may view crying as weakness, others obesity. Some view bigotry or cinicism or optimism as weakness, and are repelled by it.

Everyone is different and the only person you can MAKE to like you is you.
So you may as well please yourself and allow whatever else may come to come as it may.
>>
>>29431938
You'd be put in a ward if you did that. I just bullshitted my way through therapy until she stopped asking to see me.

>>29431876
>>Horses are fucking terrible, yet they're all I occupy myself with
Implying I use horses. My carriage is drawn by magic.
>>
>>29431968
you sound normie-tier.
>>
>>29431938
>Even when I told her I'm too depressed to admire people with better genetics/upbringing/etc
I believe the purpose of the exercise may be to find someone who DOESN'T have good genetics or a good upbringing.
Someone you might identify with.

For instance, I wouldn't look up to someone like, say, Mark Zuckerberg or Donald Trump.
Successful men, yes, but I can't relate to them in the slightest.

So maybe I look up to someone like Chris Pratt, or The Rock; good, honorable dudes who worked their way up to where they are now, people who exemplify what I hope to be.

Find inspiration from someone who's origins remind you of your own; someone who acts as living proof that someone like you can make it.
>>
>>29431996
Call me what you may, I'm only a visitor.
>>
guys girls love emotional guys while they are Not on their period of conception and they like the "machomen" while they are on their period of conception
>>
>>29432013
why is elliot rodger not the perfect role model then ?
>>
>>29432027
Lurk before posting you fucking retard how hard is it to realize that holy shit
>>
>>29432013
Mark Zuckerberg got into Harvard
Donald Trump, besides being mentally retarded, is 6'2 and therefore doesn't have better genetics
>>
>>29429550
>My therapist told me crying and showing emotion would make women more attracted to me?
Guess. Never take advice from a woman about what woman want in a man.
>>
>>29431927
>he still thinks men and women reason in same ways
>>
me on the left:
https://youtu.be/vtU4_Pf9aqo
>>
>>29429534
my boyfriend is a pretty emotional person when it's appropriate. in all honesty, I think it's pretty attractive and sweet
>>
this is why you don't see female psychiatrist or therapist period. anyone who says otherwise is probably a feminist
>>
>>29431717
Literally no woman like that exists in western civilization
>>
>>29429534
crying never

emotion slightly when women are already definitely interested in you, to make you seem like you have a vulnerable side they can sink their hooks in
>>
>>29429534
kek
KEK
This is why men should never get female therapists

They literally have zero idea about male problems, and are completely disconnected about how different our lives are.

NEVER take advice from a women therapist, you kind of lost the battle already by even having one in the first place
It honestly is just a huge waste of money.

Women are not attracted to emotional men, as much as they'd like to say they love it.
They want a strong and stoic man who every so often expresses his emotions.
That is what they mean by an "emotional" guy".
Not a constantly emotional and unstable guy.

If you express your emotions too often, the novelty of being "emotional" soon wears off and the woman sees you to be a needy and insecure guy.
>>
>>29429534
It's all about context anon
>>
>>29429534
could work if you find some bitch that wants some slave, but at your risk f-a-m
>>
>>29432506
>he still doesn't know how to greentext
>he has the mentality of the most retarded of robots and the skill of the newest of newfags
>>
In general the only emotion men are allowed to display is anger. Otherwise they want you to wear a neutral visage. It's good to be able to talk things through but make sure it's a male. A woman can't help a man outside of sex or food really. I have a couple bros but noone wants to hear bitching so I usually frame the conversation in things I'm doing to fix my problem. They might offer a couple thoughts on the situation and then we go back to watching the fight or whatever it is were doing.
>>
>>29432506
how is that relevant ?

is it not totally possible for them not to talk about their "wild past" in front of their boyfriends without surpressing any need whatsoever ?

and it is certainly unhealthy and depressing to be forced to hide your emotions to conform to some (retarded) ideal of your girlfriend ?
>>
>>29430732
>tfw unable to express emotion but still no gf
Being emotionally strong probably matters the least in a relationship. A crybaby Chad will still have a gf and be considered a soft and kind person.
>>
>>29433412
Pretty sure you're just a wimpy shy aspie, that's weakness

No woman wants a whiny faggot, even if he's good looking

My whore ex wife dumped a Keanu Reeves looking motherfucker for crying about getting demoted at work
>>
File: 1459150020521.jpg (33 KB, 400x448) Image search: [Google]
1459150020521.jpg
33 KB, 400x448
>>29429534
this is fake as fuck flakes on a steak, but..
>your therapist is trolling you
>tfw people actually pay these shits to tell them stupid shit like this
>>
>>29429534
there is a huge difference between crying and showing emotion, and being an overly emotional manbaby robot.
>>
Waiting a few weeks into a relationship and then crying is attractive, it shows women that you are becoming more comfortable with them and that they are learning more about you.

Just don't cry all the time like I did, or they'll leave you and say that it's terrifying.
>>
>>29433611
what a sociopath

women like this should be castrated
>>
File: 1435561858917.jpg (89 KB, 391x437) Image search: [Google]
1435561858917.jpg
89 KB, 391x437
>asking robots about emotions
>>
>>29429534
It's most likely the opposite
>>
>>29432706
No, you are physically attracted to your boyfriend so you think his personality traits must also be attractive. You wouldn't find the same traits attractive in an ugly neckbeard, even if he behaved exactly identically to your boyfriend.
>>
#therapistgeneral
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.