[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people romanticize small towns? There's nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1466383427527.jpg (103 KB, 597x720) Image search: [Google]
1466383427527.jpg
103 KB, 597x720
Why do people romanticize small towns?

There's nothing to do. Nature isn't refreshing, it's a nuissance we worked for millennia to overcome. The people are completely out of touch with the world.. and no, that isn't bucolic or some shit.
In the modern era, everyone just sits in their house surrounded by a dead environment. So you can't really leave your house and meet people.

I'm honestly dying here. Having been to metropolises, I meet much more people and have a greater time.. That's where the fun is. That's where it happens. But I don't have the fucking opportunity to leave this suburban shithole of a country.
>>
>>29429251

But you have me. You can talk to me. Why don't you?
>>
>>29429251
What the fuck are you talking about? I have lived in both and I would never go back to a big city not even for a billion dollars.

>Shit ton of crime everywhere in the city.
>Literally cannot walk around at night without fear or getting murdered or robbed.
>People in the streets constantly trying to pick fights with you.
>Alcoholics begging you for cash
>Drug dealers demanding you buy drugs from them when you are just trying to pass by.
>Try driving around and you end up in traffic taking you almost 10 times as long as it does to just walk it.
>Cooks spit in your food at restaurants because they can.
>Realize just how alone you are because everyone hates each other in the cities.
>Smog everywhere.
>No open space anywhere.
>Half the time you can't get into events because too many people.

Now living in a less populated area is heaven.
>Can find parking everywhere.
>Can attend events and enjoy them.
>Can go for peaceful night walks.
>Don't need 5 locks for your doors because niggers love to break into your place at night.
>Can go hiking on trails within a few minutes from house.
>Can enjoy skiing a few minutes away.
>Can go to the gym and it won't be full of people taking up all the equipment.
>Don't have to wait in line at a grocery store over an hour instead 5 mins at most.
>Can drive places without having to stay stopped for 30 mins because of traffic.
>Going to movie costs five dollars instead 25.
>Rent is cheap as fuck.
>Make more money outside the city and everything is fucking cheaper.
>Have more money to do stuff.
>Can go out and hunt.
>Can skinny dip in the river.
>Have fun looking at the stars at night in non-smog covered sky.
>>
>>29429251
>>There's nothing to do.
what the fuck do you want to do OP, go out to the mall with your girlfriend? go listen to stupid music concerts and pretend to look cool in front of your friends?

nothing is perfect. I want nothing.

Nothing to do means I have plenty of time to do what I want to do.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.