[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to stop being envious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 0fc3c9_5920664.jpg (140 KB, 1200x894) Image search: [Google]
0fc3c9_5920664.jpg
140 KB, 1200x894
How the fuck do you stop being envious of other people? It's honestly one of my biggest issues.

Any time I look at someone I know or used to know and see what they've accomplished or where they've gone, I get really envious of them. I feel envious of people I don't even know too.

Is it possible to get over this mentality or am I just going to be envious forever because my life sucks?
>>
File: received_1200014183372208.jpg (194 KB, 1284x2048) Image search: [Google]
received_1200014183372208.jpg
194 KB, 1284x2048
You are envious because they have something u want but u dont have. Stop being a fagot and start working on urself so you can improve urself and get what you want.
>>
>>29429210
It's called growing up. Some do it sooner some do it later but you can choose when
>>
you sound like an annoying faggot OP. sorry everyone else isn't a fucking loser and actually accomplishes shit instead of just being a downer little bitch
>>
Look at what they have that you want.
Then, look at how they got it.
Decide if you're willing to attempt to recreate their steps to obtain said item.

If yes: fucking do it already. Obtain the shit you want and stop waiting around.

If no: then why are you envious? If it isn't worth the price to obtain it, why would you even want it?

Repeat until you have gotten everything you want, either because you got it yourself, or you realized it wasn't worth it and you didn't need it.
>>
thats your character flaw, if I were you then I would try to use it for my benefit. Don't let it make you angry but rather have it light a fire under your ass if you think that getting accomplishments is what you want. Start working on it sooner than later.
>>
>>29429210
Just go and get the same thing yourself if you want what someone else has.
Didn't you know that in this world, everyone is given the exact same opportunities, and none of them ever expire?
>>
File: 1464932618867.jpg (517 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
1464932618867.jpg
517 KB, 900x719
>>29429210
Stop comparing yourself to other people because you will always compare yourself to people with more than you, and ignore all those with less than you (which I am guessing makes up more than 75% of the world's population). You are ALWAYS going to lose this game.

Focus on improving yourself relative to what goal you have in your mind (I want to save $10,000 in the bank, etc) instead of saying "I wish I could be rich like that guy".
>>
>looking at instagrams for pics to fap to
>have to do it quickly before I start seething with rage

Then when I'm done I exit out real quick and get depressed.

There's 7 billion people in the world, resources are scarce. Nothing is personal, anger is pointless. Depression is the only logical solution
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.