[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>i just got scammed on craigslist >autistic enough to think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: No one cares.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
No one cares.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>i just got scammed on craigslist
>autistic enough to think it was legit
>Gave guy address
>3 weeks later
>get check
>opened it
>paper
>didn't cash it in luckily
>Want to fuck around with scammer now..
>texted him i recieved it
> Let's /fuck/ with scammers
>>
>>29427548
I've gotten nothing but scammers this past week. I'm sure it has to be the same guy.
>>
i have these fucking indians calling my house everyday trying to get my details in a fucking house survey

i play a long for about 10 minutes then hang up leaving them with no info

feelsgoodman
>>
>>29427655
good i've just been fucking around with people and waisting there time
>>
Wait what kind of scam is it?
>>
>>29427679
i was selling my car. and i have the title but i sold it a long time ago. So i just got a piece of printer paper as a check. i'm trying to figure out what to say to him
>>
>>29427679
Something about not being in the area to come look at the item for sale because of some made up excuse. They'll say they can send you a check in advance and even pay more for you to hold it. After you get the check they'll supposedly come get the item. It's all a load of shit anyone can see through.
>>
>>29427721
wait how do they make money on this? are they just fucking with you playing at being a buyer
>>
>>29428024
I have no idea. The thing behind stuff like cashier's checks is they're often fraudulent and cashing them just means you owe the back then it comes back as fake and you cashed it. They get the free item if you were dumb enough to go along with their offer and you pay the price, literally.
>>
>>29428169
owe the bank when it comes*
>>
>>29427679
i work at a bank, i encounter old folks bringing these in all the time.
Basically they say they hire you for a job or something, anything really. Then they send you a counterfeit check.
The check is usually for a large amount like 2000 dollars. They tell you to deposit the check and then cash it out the next day (since a typical bank will hold it for a day before making it available anyway.)
They then ask you to send the money back to them.
The thing is, since the check is counterfeit, when it finally goes through processing and the bank attempts to collect on the funds (which can be upwards of a week after deposit) they will find that the check is no good and return it to your account.
Since you cashed that out, you now owe the bank the amount of the counterfeit check, and the scammers get the money and escape scott free.

its even called 'the craigslist classic'
>>
>used to email nigerian scammers for conversation
i sure was lonely
>>
>>29427710
I don't get it, he has your car?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.