[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone escaped being a worthless NEET and got a decent/semidecent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: 1441759964211.jpg (18 KB, 378x354) Image search: [Google]
1441759964211.jpg
18 KB, 378x354
Has anyone escaped being a worthless NEET and got a decent/semidecent job and moved out and got nice shit? How'd you do it? How are you doing now?
>>
Yeah, by having a decent job
>>
File: 1462277036669.png (84 KB, 420x487) Image search: [Google]
1462277036669.png
84 KB, 420x487
Please help, guys. I don't wanna kill myself.
>>
You saved one of my OCs, OP :3
>>
You gotta goto school and some kind of education.

Whether that's some shitty local community college, or some extravagant university, or even just going to a trade school.......

You can't just walk into a job in now-days without at least having SOME form of education.
>>
I was neet for years. I started going to therapy about 10 months ago and since then I've gotten a job and moved out, even gone on a couple dates and gotten laid. I was 26 when I started going to therapy. Shit's turning around. I still have a lot of problems though, especially with social interaction, but it's definitely gotten better.
>>
File: king of the NEETS.jpg (192 KB, 606x933) Image search: [Google]
king of the NEETS.jpg
192 KB, 606x933
No. Most certainly not.
>>
File: dtjdfjn.png (160 KB, 238x261) Image search: [Google]
dtjdfjn.png
160 KB, 238x261
>>29427814
Glad to acknowledge, bro. It was from a vid I really wanted to find that you posted. Someone played it as a joke during a Game of Thrones stream. I think you posted it in one of my What do you think of my new dance, senpai threads.

>>29427845
S-scary, but it's looking more likely. I've been looking into shit, but they're all so intimidating...

>>29427851
Glad to see everything's improving? What job did you get?
>>
>>29427974
>What job did you get?
I work at a sort of psychological treatment center for kids and teens.
>>
File: 1426273216109.png (225 KB, 423x491) Image search: [Google]
1426273216109.png
225 KB, 423x491
>>29428000
Is it in a position of helping them psychologically, or doing some manual labor? Did you have training or qualifications?
>>
>>29427328
>Has anyone escaped being a worthless NEET and got a decent/semidecent job and moved out and got nice shit? How'd you do it? How are you doing now?

Yes I was a neet for a couple of years, I was also a fatty fatass. I lost a bunch of weight after getting sick, then an uncle of mine sees me and tells me that he's glad that I decided to improve myself and that he sees that I am trying to turn my life around and that he has a job for me. The job turns out to be super easy and most of my time I just spend it surfing the web. 3 years later and now I am /fit with a good job and my life is great and I have no idea how it even happened, I guess I got really lucky.
>>
>>29428053
I'm not a licensed therapist or anything, but we try to get them through their day, make sure they don't kill themselves and shit. If you've ever seen the movie Short Term 12 on netflix, it's like that. I had paid training, no real qualifications though.
>>
File: 1408602398534.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1408602398534.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>29428064
What job did you get?

And other anons posting, please say what job you have so my loser ass can have ideas.
>>
>>29427328
I was a NEET for five years after leaving college. I did well, but after being backstabbed by most of my friends, I was tired of people and couldn't trust anyone. Eventually, I started going outside again. I sat in a cafe and watched people pass by. Therapists weren't any help, but human contact in the real world helped me regain my sanity.
Once I was ready, I applied for a few jobs, and got a few offers because of college creds. 6 years down the road, I make 300k a year working sales, have a girlfriend, and a nice apartment.

Deny your desires to be alone. NEET life slowly drives you insane, and it's damn addictive.
>>
The NEET life is a dead end and there's no going back.
>>
>>29428183
IT for a small business, it's real easy, we pay a contractor if there's anything way over my head, for most day to day stuff you can just google the answers.
>>
>>29427328
Was a NEET for 6+ years after graduating and now I've been working at a family grocery shop for about a year and a half. Good points are being close to home, so I don't have to waste time on bus/car; working with people you know how to deal with; not many rules to follow. The bad things are: I literally don't get paid, they told me to just take a certain amount each day but I rarely actually do that, I'd rather re-invest that money back into the shop; I have to be there every single day of the week, no excuses, and I can't just call my boss and tell him I'm sick like one would do in a normal job if I don't want to go; I have to deal with a lot, and I mean a lot of people every single day.
>>
>>29428183
>tfw recognizing this fucking ntr hentai
>>
>>29428198
what kind of sales?
>>
>>29427328
I'm a 22 yo neet,no anxieties or anything just suddenly stopped going to school and wanted no part in this world but recently I've been getting extra bored with this kind of life,I want to do something with my time think I'll start university next semester . I still don't know what I want from life but I know I can't expect answers to come to me by themselves,gotta go search for them

I guess life's about feeling content not happy
>>
File: 1414546003419.jpg (155 KB, 783x811) Image search: [Google]
1414546003419.jpg
155 KB, 783x811
>>29427328
The longer you stay in it the worse it gets.

I have been a NEET for 6 years. I'm really dumb now, I tried to even take the rust away and study a bit about something related to my degree and boy I failed hard.
>>
>>29428198
I feel you man. People are only your friends when times are good but when shit hits the fan everybody will do anything to save their asses. I learned this the hard way in my freshman year of college when all my "friends" threw me under the bus. Never trusting anyone else for the rest of my life.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.