[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I only alert when on some kind of mind-altering substance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: no-ten-new-ik.jpg (18 KB, 435x510) Image search: [Google]
no-ten-new-ik.jpg
18 KB, 435x510
Why am I only alert when on some kind of mind-altering substance ?

I am a very passive person most of the time. I never get excited about anything and always see the worst in everything. I can't emphasize with anything. I have no hope and no passion in life, Even if my life is pretty ok in comparison to a lot of people in our society. I fake nearly all my feelings (if I even care at that moment). I'm not awkward in public even if I'm not a charismatic person either (though I feel I could be, but don't have enough motivation to keep it going if it happened). I traveled a lot, saw shit, lost people, experienced thrill, had gfs and had sex. I've been through alcohol coma, did mushrooms and smoked weed as much as the next guy.

But more and more as I go I'm just numb. And only when I'm under some alcohol or other drug do I start to get ideas and feel again, just to see that go away the next morning.

Of course i'm not the only one that feel that. How do you cope with that shit ?
>>
>>29426882
>Why am I only alert when on some kind of mind-altering substance ?

No.

How do you cope with that shit ?

Keep alcohol/cocaine/coffee/cigarettes/ in my system at all times.
>>
>>29426882
I'm drunk right now. I wouldn't care to make this shit thread if I wasn't.
>>
File: Bonobo biting sticks.jpg (34 KB, 403x600) Image search: [Google]
Bonobo biting sticks.jpg
34 KB, 403x600
Ernest Hemingway said
"Write drunk. Edit sober."

You know if you only feel when you're altered it might be indicative to a repressed ... everything. I'd honestly prescribe that you find a place or spot that you won't be heard if you yell and scream. Then do so. Work yourself up into a sweat and yell with your whole body flexed.

Then control your breathing and go back to life.

As dumb as that all sounds, I bet you'll begin to regrow your deadened feels.
>>
You have to do the above sober though. When you're done you need to test how it went by being active in some chore or activity that you've procrastinated.
>>
>>29427769
But I don't procrastinate though. I do all my chores because the thought of having chores to do is too much to handle. I try to do the least possible, to have the least worries. And if that means doing all the shitty chores as quickly as possible, that's what I'd do.

This is how out of touch I am. I just live to not live.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.