[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>me when i just broke out of 5 years of NEETdom and got a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: walkswag.gif (967 KB, 270x252) Image search: [Google]
walkswag.gif
967 KB, 270x252
>me when i just broke out of 5 years of NEETdom and got a 65k starting office job
>>
>>29426422
How? You obviously didn't go to college since you are neet.
>>
File: o-OPENPLAN-OFFICES-facebook.jpg (321 KB, 1536x1045) Image search: [Google]
o-OPENPLAN-OFFICES-facebook.jpg
321 KB, 1536x1045
>>29426422
>OFFICE JOB

I'd rather kill myself.
>>
What job is it? What steps did you take?
>>
>>29426470

I went to college. A good college too.

>>29426529
>I'd rather kill myself.

I'm actually loving it.

>>29426556
Compensation in HR
>>
>>29426422

>implying you don't need decades of experience and dozens of references for any job
>>
You lucky bastard. Hopefully office drama doesn't reach you. God speed.
>>
>>29426689
>I went to college. A good college too.

reeeeeee
>>
>>29426422
>5 years of NEETdom

define what you mean by this, a lot of faggots on this site are like "I work at mcdonalds and go to university but im a NEET autist"
>>
What did you say when they brought up the 5 year neet-ing in the interview?
>>
>>29426422
What's the job, wagie?
>>
>>29427294

I BSed and had my dad's friend cover my ass.
>>
>>29427294
I was just being myself honestly. Just went with the flow.
>>
>>29426422
Congrats OP. I was NEET for 8 years. Literally slept in until 3 in the afternoon everyday, unless a family friend needed me to mow the lawn.

Then, I said fuck it, went back to school for a technical certificate (already had a four year degree in engineering). After two years of junior college and other continuing education courses, I got an office job at an engineering firm paying $42k. That was 3 years ago. 2015, my total income from my job was just over $100K.

My example might be a little unfair, because I already had a degree from a good university. Also, I generally make good first impressions and interview well. But, I literally did nothing for like 8 years, living on my parents couch for a couple of years before clearing all the boxes out of my old room and crashing in there for the next six years.
>>
File: 2d smug face 3.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2d smug face 3.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>29426689
>I went to college. A good college too.

Remind me what NEET stands for again? I seem to have forgotten...
>>
>>29426422
How did you explain those 5 years that you weren't working?
I mean I've had a job but I just recently became NEET again after quitting.
>>
>>29426529
>not getting a comfy office job and shitposting on 4chan all day making it seem like you're extremely busy

It's like you don't even want to be happy.
>>
>>29426422
this exact thread shows up every 12 hours. who the fuck is making it and why
>>
>>29428309
My advice to your is to immediately enroll in some courses, travel, do something in the way of self-improvement or community service (volunteerism).

This will fill the inevitable gap that you're going to have in your resume. Also, it gives you control over the narrative: that the timing was right for you to take a couple of years of self-imposed sabatical to make a difference or to make self improvement. Say that you had promised yourself many years ago that if the opportunity arose,nylon would take it.
>>
File: 1460937270767.jpg (57 KB, 654x585) Image search: [Google]
1460937270767.jpg
57 KB, 654x585
>>29428298
If he wasn't currently in college, he was still NEET

Guess no one is NEET if they went to elementary school in the last you absolute dumb fuck
>>
File: 2d smug face 12.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
2d smug face 12.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
>>29428610
I would expect most people capable of breathing through their nose to not factor general public education into whether or not they are educated, at least by 1st world country standards.

Then again I don't really expect much from a trip.
>>
>>29428845
Not in Education, Employment, or Training

He is out of school now so he is not in education, he did not have a job, and he was not in training

He was neet.
>>
>>29426816
idk, (not op), I have friends, a gf, and a job but I live a NEET lifestyle.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.