[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to a restaurant with a group of normies, and we had this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: f30.png (11 KB, 460x441) Image search: [Google]
f30.png
11 KB, 460x441
I went to a restaurant with a group of normies, and we had this coupon for "choice of free appetizer" that one guy had won from a local volleyball social league (the restaurant sponsors the league). We got three appetizers at $6, $4.50, and $3. The waiter took the $3 appetizer off. I told him I wanted the $6 off for free. He just stared at me, and everyone else at the table was on his side, literally yelling at me that it isn't how coupons work, and that coupons always get the cheapest off. I thought I was right, because it's not like a "buy one get one" but literally says "choice of free appetizer" and I was choosing my appetizer.

Anyway I'm wondering if I'm autistic or if this was a legitimate thing for me to be upset about.
>>
Interesting. Should have asked for a seperate bill for your meal with the $6 appetizer and use the coupon.
>>
Why do normies care so much about waiters and waitresses, but not give a fuck about gas station attendants, fast food workers, or convenience store clerks?
>>
>>29426275
you're an austistic jew for arguing about saving $3, in front of what I assume to be your only friends too
>>
>>29426498
Two of them were waitresses. I think that's what it was. And to make things worse, the service was totally shit aside from that (took 30 min to get our drinks, let alone place our orders), and they said we should still tip 15%, which to them was a really mean thing to do.
>>
>>29426275
pretty based OP. it is the wageslaves job to serve you anyways and it was a valid argument.

it might seem cheap of you, but it's also cheap of the restaurant to choose the cheapest item
>>
>>29426275
just take it off his tip next time
>>
>>29426498

>Most restaurants actually make very little profit off of the food they sell.
>The boss of the restaurant then pays their employees as little as possible to reduce overhead.
>People start giving tips, and soon enough, those who have a direct link to legislators argue for the minimum wage of servers to be lowered because they are making tips.
>Now the minimum wage for servers is so low(like $2.13 in Florida) that servers need tips to survive.
>People call you an asshole when you don't tip because tipping is a way to directly pay for someone doing you a service without paying more for your food.
>They are doing you a service
>You are effectively hiring them while they give you food.
>You, as the boss, determine their wage. An asshole boss would give their workers shit pay; an asshole customer gives a shit tip.
>Also, the tips to a server get spread throughout the entire front of the house staff.

The hourly wage of gas station attendants, fast food workers, and convenience store clerks is literally four times higher than the hourly wage of a server. Mind you, a server can make $30+ an hour during the busy season with tips, but then only serve two two-top tables during the off-season, reducing their compensation to less than minimum wage for the time that they are spending at work.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.