[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normie lies and contradictions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 8697696.png (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
8697696.png
26 KB, 640x480
How do normies go through life being a walking mess of contradictory beliefs?

>inb4 you're the same

I actively try not to be. There is a difference.
>>
>>29425569
>How do normies go through life being a walking mess of contradictory beliefs?

Could you elaborate?
>>
>>29425595

Logic, for one. When it supports their beliefs, logic is fine. It shows they're intelligent, rational people. They're cool with logic when it supports their beliefs.

When a logical argument disproves something they don't like, they change the subject (often by attacking the person who disagrees with them in some irrelevant way) or attack the concept of logic itself (like Andrea Nye in her book "Words of Power").
>>
>>29425637

No shit people don't like being proven wrong or having their beliefs challenged, how is that a contradiction?
>>
>>29426017

>No shit people don't like being proven wrong or having their beliefs challenged

Why not? Don't they want to be correct?

>how is that a contradiction?

I just explained it. They'll be cool with the concept of logic as long as it supports their argument.

When it doesn't, they will jettison the concept of logic itself.
>>
>>29426169
Humans naturally want to be right, not correct
>>
>>29426169
100% of normies do this 100% of the time?

If you honestly think this, you need to take a serious look at how rational YOU are.

>b-but I didn't say they all did, I just said an unspecified number of them Did

Then shut up. You could say the same about robots and cyborgs. People do that, not just normies.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.