[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did robots do before the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
What did robots do before the internet?
>>
>>29425502
Played super Nintendo
>>
>>29425581
before video games?
>>
>>29425590
I wasn't alive so idk. Stuff
>>
read books, drank a lot, got into more autistic hobbies like model trains
>>
>>29425611
Post your trains
>>
>>29425616
I don't have fucking trains I've been on the internet for more than 20 years, starting when I was 6.

I do like to build gunpla and such though
>>
>>29425502
I was born after Windows 95 came out. How old are you people?

i'm 19, no ban pls
>>
Probably go out a lot more. Things were simpler back then and cheaper to do things.

For me to go to the city would cost me around $30 in tolls and then an extra $15, if not more, in parking. Food is ridiculously expensive too and then there's the actual activities which might cost some dosh unless it's a free art gallery or something.
>>
>>29425502
Less of them existed. The internet exacerbates the problem and enables the pattern of behavior that creates robots.
>>
>>29425705
Plenty of them were still around, but were mostly contained to their dungeon and dragons sessions with each other. The internet only providers better inter-connectivity which ironically makes everyone seems incredibly more isolated.
>>
>>29425690
Food costs a tiny fraction now of what it used to beforethe agricultural revolution. Nearly the whole income once went into food
>>
born in 87 here. I went to the boys and girls club to play games and shit. at home I just liked listening to the radio over tv, and I still do (political radio is my passion). during my childhood in 97 I had my first computer and never looked back. you'd hate the internet back then I would bet
>>
>>29425821
I'm taking getting food when you're out and about. Not for home consumption. Getting a decent meal from either a fast food joint or vendor can cost around $20+ so imagine buying for two.

Also alcohol here is ludicrously expensive. It's cheaper to get a bunch of drugs like weed, pills or mushrooms and taking that for the night instead of getting hammered on alcohol.. I had a mate that spent $700 in one night at the club purely on drinks for himself and others in his drunken state.

Things are too expensive now for our pay rates.
>>
File: tumblr_mxwyi88Bh41r3ochko2_1280.jpg (428 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxwyi88Bh41r3ochko2_1280.jpg
428 KB, 1000x1500
>>29425502
>had a meticulous hand written schedule for shows i didnt want to miss on tv
>pbs
>sat alone reading on the bench during recess
>spent time trying to convince my older brother to let me play video games and read comics with him
>played with random bugs and wish i were a bug so i didnt have to think about how bad my life wasthe
>pogs
>solitaire with physical cards
>played with pets
>played text adventure games on an old hand me down apple computer
>tfw a lot of this was in the late 90s and early 00s and i was just poor
>rode my bike in circles in my culdesac
>>
>>29426044
>played with random bugs and wish i were a bug so i didnt have to think about how bad my life wasthe

ahaha
oh wow.
>>
>>29425502
Play my N64 and watch cartoons, now I go on 4chan, play N64, watch cartoons, anime, and other shitty shows, and masturbate.
>>
>>29426067
>not having escapist fantasies.
i guess you weren't a depressed kid.
>>
>>29425502
>craftsmanship
>being a monk
>reading (mostly and especially this, ever since mass-printed books became available)
>working 16 hours per day
>drinking
>worrking in STEM (just like now,/ It used to be a lonelier job back then)
>doing research/expeditions in bumfuck nowhere
>being a sailor
>taking long strolls/camping/general long outdoor activities
>writing and political activity, baited by chads (especially the 19th century)

(note that in that period before the 40s, being a virgin and a (even barely) productive member of society was incompatable, you always had a token wife "sold" to you, no matter how autistic you were, even if you were a simple field worker)

And, if you want to see how betas lived in the 19th century, read the russians, especially things like "The overcoat" form Gogol.
>>
>>29426200
I was, I just played endless amounts of video games over and over.

Also how low were to want to be an insect?
>>
Without a community of pathetic circlejerking NEETs reinforcing their toxic attitudes towards life, they were able to get their shit together, work out, get a job and become a functioning, happy member of society.
>>
>>29425502
During his NEET days hitler would just stay up till the early hours watching movies all day.
>>
>>29426290
i didn't care what it was i became as long as it was not me if that clarifies. if i suffered as a bug or cat or some other small animal at least it would have been a brief thing not the drawn out pain of day to day life. i just wanted relief. and that made sense to me as a kid.

as to why, i had an emotionally abusive older brother whose words were all too rooted in reality.
>>
>>29426292
>hehe there weren't any virgins like you hehe, there weren't sad people only rainbows and unicorns before the internet
>that's what normalsubhumans believe
Actually, only 4/5 of men reproduce, leaving at least 10% robots (when you exclude mentally ill, dying before puberty etc) in every generation since forever
>>
>>29426409
>4/5 of men reproduce
How deep into your own asshole did you have to dig to pull out that number?
>>
>>29426563
>How deep into your own asshole did you have to dig to pull out that number?
https://www.aaup.org/report/statement-principles-family-responsibilities-and-academic-work

>Normaltrash won't face reality that 10-20% of every generation are virgins
>>
File: MissionControl.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
MissionControl.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1200
>>29426235
This, Robots were driven on the outskirts of society or through their lack of attachments seeking to change it. WE WUZ ADVANCER'S OF SHIT.
>>
>>29426235
How fuckin old are you
>>
File: 1446429448603.jpg (99 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1446429448603.jpg
99 KB, 543x405
>>29426235
>worrking in STEM (just like now,/ It used to be a lonelier job back then)

why did HR fucks have to make STEM fields "social"

I'm real fucking mad, I just want to fucking design things and research in peace, that's all I've ever wanted. I would be completely ok with working 16 hours a day if I was alone at least the vast majority of the time.

But now every fucking job requires that you have "Good communication skills" and "strong interpersonal skills" while making you work with teams on everything

just kill me
>>
>>29426067
>>29426044

I remember wishing I was my dog so I wouldn't have to go to school and get bullied all day. All he did was state out the window.

Also I used to play with bugs on the playground by myself when I was way too old to be doing that and one time Stacy came up and took genuine interest in me but I was too paranoid of bullies to trust her. Looking back I was a real fuckup.
>>
>>29427050
>tfw no bug bro to look at little bug buddies with
>>
>>29427138

I used to have bug bros but they all grew out of it. We'd build societies for snails out of sticks and stuff. We even split off into factions and had wars against each other, entire snail civilizations were sometimes wiped out by competing bug bros stomping all over them. We had law systems and rules of war that were broken pretty often, it was all very complex even though we were just children.

It was rainy that year, the next year it wasn't so rainy and the snails would just dry up after a while. And they began to get tired of the game anyways, but I kept playing with ants and shit after they left.
>>
>>29426312
Really tho? I bet his comments were more original too
>>
>>29427252
>gastropods
you sicken me. bug bro invite revoked you pleb.
>>
>>29427325

Snails are awesome senpai, I don't want to be bug bros with someone who doesn't understand the beauty of snails anyways.
>>
>>29427349
>disgusting turgid bodies
>uncouth slime trails
>ugly chiton colors
snails are not even bugs. begone bug illiterate cur.
>>
>>29425502
we were the shitheads in ancient athens who carved our names into brothel walls
>>
>>29426044
pbs man, that was literally the only channel my house got when I was younger.
>>
>>29427437

Their trails are beautiful and glisten in the sun, and you can easily track where they've been to optimize your snail society for them. Their slimy bodies and little eye stalks are cute, they are like little aliens.

Of course there are other bugs, but there's nothing wrong with snails. You are an elitist, I doubt you took any real joy from your hobby.
>>
File: 1450328590980.jpg (369 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
1450328590980.jpg
369 KB, 1296x968
>>29425502
the internet create the robots you fucking retard
>>
>>29427561
snails are literally not bugs. your interest clearly stopped at having them amuse you in your artificial snail city or else you would realise this. again, begone you bug illiterate cur!
>>
>>29427732

GAS THE BUGS

SNAIL WAR NOW
>>
>>29425502
People only become robots because of the internet. It's like a thunderstone.
>>
File: 1466196543091.jpg (204 KB, 731x960) Image search: [Google]
1466196543091.jpg
204 KB, 731x960
>>29427663
no robots been around since humanity has been, theirs only been that one dysfunctional social reject who kept to themselves dumbass
>>
If I didn't have the internet I'd legit probably just lay in bed staring at the wall all day
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.