[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys how the FUCK do i get a GF or even a friend. I have no fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 199x199) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 199x199
Guys how the FUCK do i get a GF or even a friend. I have no fucking clue... I'm 26 and haven't had a true friend since school. I have normie "friends" who I talk & laugh with at work but they've never invited me out for a drink, a party or anything in-between...

Im not kidding you when I say the thought makes my heart beat out of control. Massive panic attacks, genuinely suicidal at times my life is going nowhere, living alone and can never afford a home to impress a girl - how do normie adults function i don't f u c k i n g understand!!! My colleague has 2 kids, a wife and a nice car... WTF is going on.

I just need a gf to give me hope. at work every girl is in a long term relationship, besides i'm too beta to have a chance, once they figure out i have no friends they'll leave me.

seriously guys what do i do, i'm on edge right now...
>>
U just gotta bee yourself senpai
>>
Bzzzzz..... Bee yourself :^)
>>
>>29424126
>tfw fell for that meme
>tfw that's why I have no friends
>>
>>29424068
Dude. Give up. Find a way to enjoy being alone while you work on making friends, or kill yourself whatever. The anxiety will only get worse the further you get in the process of trying to date someone. Just imagine any little thing you fuck up could cause her to lose all interest before anything happens.
>>
Literally please just be yourself. You cannot force these things. Try okcupid, stop acting like a retard.
>>
Man I'm in the same position as you but going to be 26 in 3 months. It sucks it really sucks. Only thing that gets me by is weed alcohol and benzos. I consider myself a "tough" guy but some nights when I'm in bed trying to sleep I'll be thinking about my life and tears will start rolling down my cheeks. I don't even know where to start. No friends, no social circle, no available girls at work. Nothing. I might go back to school maybe I'll meet girls there, but I'm old as fuck now.
>>
>>29424068
I am also 26 and a kissless virgin with no friends. Are you always being yourself like I am? That is why we will be friendless forever. You either have to become someone completely different or pretend to be someone else to get friends.
>>
>>29424561

I'm 25 and about to be 26, I got this like constant "time is ticking you gotta lose your virginity ASAP" thing going in my mind right now, but honestly what is the difference between a 22, 23, 24, 25 year old virgin? We're all way past the point of no return. Think about it, HALF our 20's are already gone. I used to be sad I missed out on teenage romance, now I might be missing out on 20's romance. Holy fuck what have I done? My life is over man, its fucking over and its too late to go back.
>>
>>29424561

Thing is I try to be a normie, but I have no hobbies - I stopped enjoying video games around 24, it was like a flick switch.

Do I force myself to have a normie hobby too, like should I begin watching football and research the old matches they love to talk about? I don't think thats viable either.

I went to a party last year and god almighty it was hard to mingle, but I tried my best to make conversation, when I had barely a thing to talk about... my charisma/wit is low so I don't know how many laughs were genuine. But all in all it was a good night......... but nothing came of it. Everyone had their established social circles..

Just fuck my life senpai.
>>
>>29424704

Same thing happened to me at around 24. Once the video games don't work, oh boy does reality set in.
>>
>>29424621

This shit gets me worried. We are approaching our fucking 30's and we'll have nothing to show for it.

At this point people have mortgages, a house, a family and a stable life.

Some men coast through their life into worthlessness but lack the self-critic to care - but I actually want to HAVE a life... but the harder I try the more hopeless it becomes.
>>
File: 1466315855592.jpg (82 KB, 736x883) Image search: [Google]
1466315855592.jpg
82 KB, 736x883
I just turned 25 and I'm in a similar situation. I had a few friends, but we all went our separate ways after college. I honestly don't know how people make new friends as adults and it doesn't probably doesn't help that have anxiety that makes me come across as a literal autist.
>>
>26
>still getting panic attacks about this

kek
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 494x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 494x494
Guys I just matched with a nice girl on Tinder.
We have many interests in common and she has a nice booty, which isn't something I usually admire but in this case it looks damn fine.

If I write her something like "Sit on my face pls" I don't know how she's going to react.
It's not that I just wanna bang her, but I'm afraid that if I start with small talk she's gonna get bored.
>>
File: 1466327263469.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1466327263469.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>29424725
The older I get the less I seem to care about anything really. The things I used to obsess over just seem pointless now. I imagine its because most people at starting move past childish things and instead have careers and families at this point in life.
>>
i was in op's position for soooo long, having a bunch of "friends" who were mutually entertaining or tolerable to talk with but no meaningful personal connections, and way too much autism & social anxiety to meet anyone. I felt ok during the day but every night the loneliness would set in and press down on me, except on 4chan where i could at least let my emotions out without feeling vulnerable bc of the anonymity. what finally led to having actual meaningful connections was attaching a consistent identity to that vulnerability.

I made an account on a forum for something i liked and could talk about a lot and have opinions on (dota in my case) and i tried being as honest as i was here and also just, recognizing the humanity of the other people. the account name was different from the ones i used on other sites so no one would link it to me, but i was still putting myself out there under a consistent identity within the forum. Slowly, people started reaching out to that identity, recognizing me from other threads, responding when i made my own, asking to play a match or two with me. Eventually, someone gregarious confessed something personal and asked for my advice, and it brought us closer, and that made me trust her enough to be a little more forthcoming with my own personal feelings.

we're dating now.

that's not to say there haven't been friendships that failed and people that hurt me, because there were. and i'm still bearing the way they shaped how i interact with people and i keep catching myself reacting to things how i would have to to keep them from getting mad at me before i realize i don't have to be so constrained anymore. but if i didn't take those risks and fall in those pitfalls i don't think i would have ever met the people i care so much about today, and who i honestly believe care about me too.

idk i think i had a point when i started writing. making yourself emotionally vulnerable is scary but its also the most important thing, i guess.
>>
>>29424958
why do you taunt us with false hope?
>>
>>29424958
same anon, i wanna keep refining this post because there's so much that's changed about my perception and my relationships that it's hard to articulate and i'm sure to not get everything, but here's one important tidbit that helped me when i was first changing:

lots of popular people don't have friends either. like, they have cronies, or groupies, or acquaintances that are fun to party with or fuck or try to impress, but a lot of them are so self-centered that they don't even realize they're missing the essence of friendship.

And sure, they have a lot of fun, and that might be enough sometimes. But they do all of their emotional processing alone, they casually hurt each other both intentionally and unintentionally, they cultivate an image that's only for other people's consumption and keep their heart locked away.

it's the fakest shit there is and if you try to be like them you're not going to be satisfied with the friends you get.
>>
>>29425016
because i was you 4 years ago, and i want to live in a world where anyone living like that miserable past self has a chance to get out of that emotional tarpit. Because that hope isn't false, society just doesn't teach us how to access it
>>
>>29425145
>lots of popular people don't have friends either. like, they have cronies, or groupies, or acquaintances that are fun to party with or fuck or try to impress, but a lot of them are so self-centered that they don't even realize they're missing the essence of friendship.
How do they turn out if they do realize they're missing the essence of friendship?
>>
>>29425607
i know a guy who used to run with a gang and got thrown in jail and was basically set to burning himself out on drugs and booze and violence and emotionless sex and other fun but ultimately meaningless bullshit, basically exactly the chad i'm talking about. Before hitting the point of no return he found an abandoned litter of dogs, brought them to the pound, and adopted the runt. He's found life worth living since then and gotten off all that meaningless stuff. he says it sometimes feels weird that a dog is the most important person in his life, but dogs don't judge you for your past, and they're utterly honest about how they feel about you, and he's even broken the ice with people that became his friends by talking about dog stuff together. so that's at least one hopeful example
>>
>>29425607
also, i was never a chad even when i had no real friends, but i def. didn't realize what kind of human connection i was missing until very late in the game. but i've already talked about getting out of that personally
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.