[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: how is it that so many of you end up being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: 960.jpg (243 KB, 960x1422) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
243 KB, 960x1422
Serious question: how is it that so many of you end up being obese?

I am a NEET too, but I haven't been over 180lbs since I stopped consuming soda and hot pockets and the like six or seven years ago. I still eat relatively unhealthily but I don't think I'd be able to get to 200lbs unless I ate nothing but bread and candy all day.
>>
>>29423914
Where the fuck is this obese meme coming from? Every time we have done a strawpoll with hundreds of answers less than 10% of r9k is obese. The vast majority are skeleton mode skinny.
>>
>>29423914
>I haven't been over 180lbs since I stopped consuming soda and hot pockets and the like six or seven years ago
Consuming a can of soda and a hotpocket every day doesn't make you fat. At my worst I would sometimes eat 4 hot pockets.
I also like going out to eat a lot, which is easily 2000+ calories for a large meal. It only takes 3500 excess calories to gain a pound of weight.
>>
>>29423914
they're on here because they're fat, not the other way around
>>
>>29423947
>3500 excess calories
>only
no wonder you're a pillow
>>
>>29423981
If you get fast food that's likely already 1000 calories. A single hotpocket is around 400 calories. A single bowl of ramen is 500 calories. A can of soda is around 200 calories.
If you're a hungry skeleton you're simply not eating. It's that simple.
>>
I heard from a friend who heard it from a friend that the fat kid in our high school class would go through a 12-pack of soda a day. There you have it.
>>
>>29423914
>stopped eating sugar
>don't drink soda anymore
>weight doesn't change
i'm going to exercise in next three months tho
>>
>>29424184
Sugar isn't what gives you weight. Its carbs and calories. Although exercising will help immensely because it will burn the calories unless of course you increase your calorie intake which would result in no weight loss.
>>
>>29423914
Literally genetics sometimes.

I'm not a big guy, not fat at all but not in shape. I sit on my ass eating junk food all day and never get fat.
>>
i really dont understand it either. i don't work out, i don't really eat healthy foods, i sit on my ass all day, and have been doing this for basically the last 10 years. i am 5'9 and 145lbs.

just stop eating so fucking much. how fucking hard is that? stop stuffing your face until your stomach bursts
>>
>>29425005
>just stop eating so fucking much.
How?
>>
>>29425113
how often do you eat so much that you can barely move
>>
genetics and hormones

people with small frames barely gain weight
>>
>>29424944
You just do not eat as much as you think. You already show by your mindset by calling in junkfood you have like a handful of chips and go oh thats not good and then stop eating, fat people have it like breathing.
>>
>>29425148
Maybe once every two months.
>>
>>29425169
Naw man, I drink five or six sodas a day, eat through a bag of chips in a few minutes, eat two burgers or i'm not satisfied and two chalupas and three buritos at a time.

I don't remember the last time I had fruit. Which sucks cuz I could eat a whole goddamn watermelon by myself.
>>
>>29424944
Bullshit. You don't eat as much as you think you do. Count your calories for a day of typical eating. I 100% guarantee you you're not overeating.
>>
>>29425228
>five to six sodas a day

i drink a single can of 7up and i blow like a baloon
>>
>>29425230
Today I ate two burgers, three tomato and mayonnaise sandwiches, two chalupas and three burriots, four Dr.Peppers so far and i'm not done, an entire bag of cheese and sour cream chips and i'm still hungry.
>>
>>29424184
I lost 150 pounds by counting calories. Put your information in this website - https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&g=male&age=18&lbs=201&in=68&act=1.2&f=1 . It'll tell you how many calories you need to eat per day to maintain your current weight. 1 pound is about 3500 calories. So if you eat at a 500 calorie deficit, you will lose a pound per week. 1000 calorie deficit, 2 pounds, etc.
>>
>>29425267
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? There's a reason why foods show calories. That is the way to gain or lose weight.
>>
>>29425292
calories is bullshit, not everything you eat is converted into energy
some thing digest better, even some sugars and different types of fats are healthy
>>
>>29425337
I'm five foot eleven and last I checked weighed about 155 or 160 pounds.

I'm not super big, just broad shoulders. My tummies soft but it's not a gut. My ass is kinda shapely though. Maybe that's where it goes.
>>
>>29423914
It boils down to something like this

"Naturally skinny" people thing "man I ate a burger shake and fries today i've had so much" and barely eat anything else all day

Fat people think "well all i had today was burger shake and fries". In their head it's one meal and "not that bad". One pack of skittles is "not that bad". One soda is "not that bad". before they know it they're fat.
>>
>>29425341

>calories is bullshit

I've sat and jacked off to my lean six pack physique i got in the mirror from accurate calorie calculation. Can you say the same?
>>
>>29425341
Yeah no shit they're healthy, if you don't eat too much of them. If calories are bullshit, why are they required to be on food? What would you say is the way to lose weight?
>>
I got fat because of a ton of reasons. I have a huge appetite, my parents never taught me how to eat reasonably, they'd let me eat as much as I wanted, I was 280 pounds at 12. Depression and comfort eating didn't help, by 16 I was 350 pounds.
>>
>>29425382
Do you eat like that every day? I doubt it. If you eat reasonably and then once in a while pig out, you won't get fat.
>>
>>29424437
>carbs and calories
Wtf do you think sugar is you moron

If u did any research youd find out that exercise is not nearly as important as diet. Search how many calories you are burning being a lazy fuck in bed vs running. If you want to be skinny then eat like an Ethiopian
>>
>>29423914
>180lb
ew you fat fuck
>>
>>29423914
It really is partially genetics as much as /fit/izens would have you believe otherwise. My Grandfather was 6'1'' 129lbs according to army records. The other was tall and skinny as well, and my father has always been skinny. We all have the same body type and have all never been able to gain much weight no matter what we ate. I can stuff myself on candy and bread and noodles every day and still not gain weight, so I can believe that there are people who eat comparatively little and gain much more. People's metabolic processes are way too complicated for people to simple say calories in = calories out like that proves everyone gains weight in the same way. They don't and you'd have to be mightily ignorant of biology to believe otherwise.
>>
>>29423914
>I still eat relatively unhealthily but I don't think I'd be able to get to 200lbs unless I ate nothing but bread and candy all day.

you solved the problem, there, sherlock. most obese people only eat candy and carbs or whatever
>>
People with small beta male frames and weak bones don't eat much at all because their body barely needs any calories, so they tend to lose weight if they don't keep an eye on their diet.

People with larger more masculine frames tend to eat more because their body uses more energy, which can easily lead to over-eating, so if they don't keep an eye on their diet they typically gain weight.
>>
>>29425503
Damn. That kind of shit defines your whole persona if you grow up that heavy. You're always known as 'the fat kid', always ostracised. If you fall into the trap of trying to ease that pain with more food, it's like sinking farther and farther into a sinking pit of sand from which you can never return. For your sake I hope you were jolly.
>>
>>29425551
It's the only kinda food I ever eat. We hardly ever have nice stuff around here.
>>
>>29425967
There was the occasional teasing, but I got lucky, I had friends. I can definitely see how that could spiral downwards. I think writing off all fat people as just lazy is a huge simplification of a larger issue. And it does define you, I'm down to 200 pounds and I still see myself as being morbidly obese, even if it isn't true.
>>
>>29426040
What you eat doesn't really matter, it's the amount. So do you eat that much every day?
>>
>>29423914
American food and the culture around it. Seriously their breakfast is what europeans eat as dessert. Inb4 some sallad mineral water shitstain thinks he is more than an exception.
>>
>>29425914
Actually fat people have lower testosterone levels due to estrogen getting stored in the fat etc.
>>
>>29423914

All I drink is soda an beer and I sit in front of a computer all day. I did this for years so I've gotten obese because of it. 5'6 250 pounds. I had no friends and I was ugly to start with so I just stayed home and played video games and fapped.
>>
>>29426150

It's more about bone structure than testosterone. There's a reason why people who don't gain weight easily always have really narrow, womanlike shoulders.
>>
>>29424044
So what, you're eating fast food 3 times a day and drinking 5 cans of soda?

I don't understand how you think your post justifies anything
>>
My mother wasn't very good with nutrition and I wasn't very good at taking responsibility for my own problems.
>>
>>29425005
6'4"/178 here, used to be 220

I did nothing at all except stopped snacking
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.