[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here is 25+? I can get the majority of this board being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 35
File: thatfeelwhen25.png (34 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwhen25.png
34 KB, 1024x1024
Who else here is 25+?

I can get the majority of this board being 18 or 19. But I swear, half of y'all are even below that and still in high school. I end up feeling like an old. And sometimes more of a creep than when I'm swing dancing with some girls who have the sexiest dresses known to man, only to talk to them and find out they're still juniors or seniors.

>worst part is: I work at a community college, so I'm always around those too young for me
>>
>>29421789
It's pretty pathetic to be on 4chan after 20 tbqh senpai
>>
>>29421815
Feels don't stop at 20 faggot
>>
>>29421815
Shaddup, mom!
>>
>>29421789
>worst part is: I work at a community college
what do you do? I'm 26 and going back to CC to get a trade.
>>
I'm an artifact.
>About to turn 30 this august
>Had to move back home due to competitive job market, and the industries desire to bring on women / pajeets (IT)
>haven't been able to find work for over a year
>no degrees or certs, just about 7 years give and take of IT-Help Desk / server side experience.
Don't really know what I am going to do with myself, I keep looking at pictures of better times etc. Don't really want to do much either.
>>
Im here brotha
>>
>>29421829
By all means share your feels but we know the vast majority of people who use here spend ar least 2 hours a day
>>
>>29421841
I just do things for resource centers dedicated to either women or those of ethnic backgrounds; like manage clubs and events. Basically, shit that SJWs are into.
>>
File: 1466454683568.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1466454683568.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29421789
How old are (You) then?

>tfw wizard in less than 2 years if everything goes according to my master plan
>>
>Work 9-5
>Come home
>Too tired to do anything
>Watch TV
>Use the weekends to veg out

Is this all there is to life?
>>
File: 1353396976918.jpg (26 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
1353396976918.jpg
26 KB, 400x394
>>29421789
27, infrequent lurker.
I mostly only come back when I'm hit by hard spikes in depression. NEET so I have lots of time to kill. Never too old to feel
>>
>>29421921
Twenty-eight. Almost a wizard as well.
>>
File: 1464204728744.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464204728744.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
>turned 26 2 weeks ago
>realize that I'm officially christmas cake
I'm a manager and cant afford my way out of my moms house by myself
>>
File: banana3.png (35 KB, 644x520) Image search: [Google]
banana3.png
35 KB, 644x520
>I turned 26, 20 days ago
>I'm fat
>I have no job
>very depressed
Would losing weight and getting a job help? Has anyone made it out?
>>
>>29421953
Losing weight and getting a job always helps
>>
>>29421789
i'd rather have redditors or tumblr than sub-20 yo people
>>
1 year from wizardry

>life gets better anon
>/chad
>>
>>29421922
Yep. Same boat, basically just waiting to die.
>>
>>29421953
It might help, but it might not. I have a job and am not fat, but am still miserable.
>>
31 here.

I started going here when I was 29
>>
File: 1463198085972.jpg (180 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463198085972.jpg
180 KB, 600x600
>>29421815
Do you think there is an exit?
>>
Only one more week until 25
>buying food at store
>see qt who's even shorter than me
>make eye contact a few times
>go home
I'm going to be alone forever
>>
>>29421922
That was my cycle for almost 3 years. Shit brought me down to rock bottom. Being dead is better than being a trapped wageslave.
>>
>>29422481
How did you get out???
>>
File: le 100 face.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
le 100 face.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>29421789
31 year old here, or at least will be 31 in a handful of months. College dropout, live at home, been NEET for two years but I had enough of this meme life and now I'm going back to wagecuckery and gonna bee myself and follow my dreams and all that.

>>29421815
I think the opposite is true senpai. When I was 17-25 I was out doing drugs, going to punk shows and getting my dick wet and almost being a normie, I was at least making memories that I could look back on and be like "yeah I made the most out of my youth and those were pretty crazy times".

You'll be looking back on your youth and be like "I remember that time I saw a pepe".

Robots who are 25+ at least have a reason to be here, our social lives and trying to bang high school teens is almost guaranteed to be over. You're young and have the whole world open for you and you waste it all.
>>
>>29422580
>You'll be looking back on your youth and be like "I remember that time I saw a pepe".
Fuck off normie
>>
>>29422515
I got lucky. I now get royalty payments every month for creative work so effectively work from home. Didn't think it'd last as long as it has but there's no security and one day it could all just stop. I just wish I was able to stop worrying about the future and enjoy the now.
>>
>>29422658
>normie
>living at home at 31, having never move out, and not having a job or real education

I don't think so.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 832x690
> tfw late twenties, finally have the money and bought all the shit I've been dreaming about only to realize iyou don't need it anymore
Fuck me and my poor childhood
>>
>>29422580
>When I was 17-25 I was out doing drugs, going to punk shows and getting my dick wet
>almost being a normie

lol x2
>>
File: devon aoki fast furious.jpg (62 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
devon aoki fast furious.jpg
62 KB, 852x480
1991, 25
graduated from a top uni
drowned in life + momentary pause
but now back to original medicine path
trying to get into medical school one day

i've never had a problem being accepted to any job and have worked in top-tier hospitals + institutions / private practices all my life

B U T

- grew up as a gamer / otaku / literature nerd
- have 0 social skills
- told myself that i'm no longer going to be a retard and stop being such an introvert/recluse!!
- end up on 4chan XD

i know 4chan is a rotting hell-abyss but i feel more comfortable with people on here than stacys/chads irl who enjoy their basic lives on the tip of the iceberg. i think it also has to do w/ the fact that when playing MMORPGs all throughout childhood, most of the community was from 4chan so i feel most at home with degenerates like me n.n!!!!!

never did i think 1 day i would be that fucking loser 2x year old that's online looking up anything related to anime rip

i'm hoping this is just a quick phase and i'll soon learn the social skills i need to cope with normies and be amongst people who don't know anything + do mindless shit like shopping and makeup

also i hate that all my girlfriends + guyfriends are super pro and experienced at romance and shit like how to even use makeup properly and be a romeo / seductress vixen while i'm here like uhhhh *turns red* *runs away* *XDDDDD* *how the fuck does one flirt?!?!?!*

so i just refuse to go out bc
thinking of all those years i could've spent investing into normiehooddom but instead roleplayed on RPG forums + binge watching anime makes me want to cringe myself back into my room ;/

thus is life ; - ; !!! XDDD
>>
>>29422912
What are your stats? GPA? Volunteering? MCAT?
>>
>>29422912
I have to ask are you female?
>>
29 yo here. Dropped out of college, moved back to my parents house and have a shitty job in retail. I don't want anything anymore and don't have any hopes left. The thing is I don't even envy the most successful of my friends who are getting married and work their ass off to start a family and shit. Being in your late twenties and everything above just sucks and it doesn't matter what you are doing with with your life. When you grow up everything becomes dark and dreary and when you avoid growing up you are a miserable creep.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 232x254) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 232x254
>almost 28
>doctor, work most of the time
>no friends
>married, wife is bff but travels a lot
>only hobby is getting high after getting home and watch cartoons/play videogames

It is a weird kind of feel
>>
>>29423065
>a doctor who gets high and is a cuck

I pity your "patients."
>>
File: tumblr_mr5h3nJ5DD1rp50gho10_500.gif (982 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr5h3nJ5DD1rp50gho10_500.gif
982 KB, 500x282
>>29421789
>27 here Famicom 64
>>
>>29422912
Is this fucking satire?
kjghhjkhk
>>
>>29423065
Would you recommend being a doctor to a robot? Trying to get in currently but not sure it's worth all the effort.
>>
>>29422828
It was mostly with fat girls, and punk shows/culture are more robot than normie, and of course drugs are compatible with both normies and robots.

It's called being a cyborg senpai, best of both worlds. Sometimes also the worst of both worlds.
>>
File: 1463368583372.png (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463368583372.png
26 KB, 500x500
>>29421953
>4 years ago.
>Fat.
>No job.

I lost the weight but still.
>Just turned 26.
>63 kg.
>Job.
>Depressed.
>Hide my depression and negativity.
>Still KHV.
>Become more bitter.
>See people for who they are, assholes attract other assholes.
>See women with men less attractive than I am. Sure I'm not perfect but this pisses me off.
>Women just flat out ignore me even when I approach them.
>I just have to accept I'm ugly.
>I even wear perfume.
>>
File: 1458180785436.png (229 KB, 496x616) Image search: [Google]
1458180785436.png
229 KB, 496x616
who "quit life/work in their early 30's to go back to school and change career to a better one" here?

it's nice to figure out what you want out of life but i wish i understood all this sooner.

no fucking wonder i was a robot virgin & and friendless loser my whole life if i was always unhappy with myself and with what i'm doing with my whole life
>>
>>29423149
Get a load of this fucking normie. Jesus christ
>>
I'm 34. Work Monday to Friday. Have 5 weeks paid holidays a year, so that ain't bad I guess.

I should note that I am a Wizard
>>
>>29423147

It is very tiring, yet fulfilling if you like to help. A problem would be teamwork, since it is mandatory to get stuff done.
>>
>>29421948
If you're a completely used up roastie then good.

If you're a legit robot then you're fine, just go for a nice IRL robot and not an internet one.
>>
>>29423082

It's not like I don't study and go to work high. Of course I have my priorities set.
>>
>>29421789
almost 28 here, going straight towards that wizard status if I don't die first.

I'm not really feeling great the last 6 months.
never leaving the room is probably fucking up with my health.
>>
File: bee yourself.png (39 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
bee yourself.png
39 KB, 914x1091
>>29423169
Here senpai. Getting out of comp sci and into music.

Bee yourself.
>>
>>29423169
I did this when I was 22. I was living at home and working retail full time. I dropped out of high school so I never even looked at going to college. One day I had to help a classmate who graduated from college. I was so embarrassed and wanted to kill myself.

Started part time at a CC after that then transferred to a uni where I am now. Meeting so many successful people made me realize what an actual piece of shit I used to be. When I was young I used cold detachment to excuse myself out of doing hard work and I was very selfish. Now I'm just struggling to learn how to be a basic human being.
>>
>>29423185
What do you do senpai?

orango comment
>>
>>29423149
Nah you're worse then a cyborg. You're a fucking failed normie. Now fuck off my board.
>>
>27 here
>last age I was in a relationship: 19
>last time I kissed-fucked-handholded a girl:19
It feels good, I have no "have I missed out" bullshit since I did it at least one time. I don't feel bad about my dryspell.

On my way to earn a PhD, after that I'll just sit and NEET my way out.
>>
>>29423271
>You're a failed normie

nah, I never went clubbing or wore pink polo shirts or got into team sports or any actual normie shit.
>>
>>29423250

Unless you're majoring in STEM you're only wasting your time. Hell I know multiple people with 4 year degrees that are working retail.
>>
>>29423285
I'm finishing my undergrad and looking to get a phd when I'm 32. What are you majoring in?

>>29423301
I'm studying chemical engineering so I'm not worried about that. There were a few people who worked with me that had 4 year degrees though.
>>
File: air.jpg (142 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
air.jpg
142 KB, 640x640
>>29422980
stats - highschool or uni?
the game began since elementary lol
haven't taken MCAT yet (sadly)
studying for it now, taking science upperdivs to fulfill remaining requirements for grad schools!
i switched majors in uni so taking them a la carte (since masters + formal postbacc programs are a bit $)

volunteering - i did a shitton of volunteering / interning / shadowing / medical research beginning grade 7-8 (that was the earliest age for when you can start volunteering in hospitals at a certain main hospital in my town) up until university. i haven't volunteered for 2 years so i do carry a lot of weight because i did go through some trials + am not the competitive premed student i once was. :( i had a lot of unique ECs and experiences which helped me (i led a double life and was interested in other fields besides medicine) but also sidetracked me in the longrun. it sucks bc the time i spent cultivating my non-premed side, i began drifting away from my academically competitive friends and now i'm too embarrassed to meet up with them bc all of them are in/have graduated great med schools, law schools, etc, or are doing something fucking extraordinary. sad i'm not a doctor as well :(..yet

>>29423007
yes
>>
>>29423264
I'm a unticketed tradesman. I don't want to say exactly cause I'm afraid some sperg might go full retard and figure out who I am as unlikely that is.
>>
File: 20140802125800e72.jpg (43 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
20140802125800e72.jpg
43 KB, 640x427
to those who are younger/older/etc, unemployed or simply lost, don't lose hope or faith. desu, it's incredible + inspiring (a bit demoralizing for myself as well) seeing all my peers from jr/hs/college who were complete fuckwits that began their first careers with $70k+ starting salary and went to shitty colleges. i went to UCLA but i have friends who graduated from cal states (state colleges) that immediately got picked up at ernst & young or in the financial / tech / etc sector that have been making bank for several years.

it's a bit baffling and insulting
bc these are the kids who got C's all their lives
or just
never knew a thing about anything /
the type of people who repost buzzfeed and shit and go to raves and are pretty fucking retarded and are straightedge as fuck

not trying to hate but just saying
fuck your past
fuck your lack of past credentials
if you don't have any, build them now.

as much as i want to live out my 20's as adventurous and movie-like as possible, i've accepted that i'm not going to care about shit until i become a doctor. sacrifice is a bitch but i don't think i have a choice anymore. looking forward to the end game.

either way, i think all of us need to get the fuck off 4chan bc nothing here is going to help us in terms of quality academics or future investments

it's a nice padded social safe haven but nothing more

plot stack repeat
>>
>>29423321
Classics, I started uni at 18, dropped out at 2nd year, enrolled again hence I'm a bit late. I'll probably get my degree around 30-31.
>>
>>29423298
>has had friends, sex, happy memories
>31 dead beat now

Sounds like a failed normie if I ever saw one.
>>
>>29423326
Contact info? Lego blocks
>>
>>29423349
>either way, i think all of us need to get the fuck off 4chan bc nothing here is going to help us in terms of quality academics or future investments

and do what? I've been cultivating hobbies and working but this is where I feel like I can actually talk to people.
>>
>>29421853
Think of dreams I suppose.
>>
>>29422580
Nice story normie, now fuck off
>>
>tfw 25 in 5 weeks
>tfw all I got is a GED and a shit resume
I would love to go back in time and tell my younger self not to drop out of HS or get my GED way sooner. Does anyone know what the best trades to go into?
>>
>>29423358
>has had friends
nah not really, only other loners where we sort of begrudgingly tolerated each other's company until someone better came along. I would go to punk shows by myself since my "friends" hated that music and the culture.

>sex

It's not hard when you have realistic expectations

>happy memories

yeah so? Is this a self-pity contest? You literally have no happy memories since being born?
>>
>>29423448
I think electricians earn the most on average but I can't speak about job quality or security.
>>
>26
>have a college degree
>don't have any friends
>NEET
>working on applications so I can get my master's degree
>haven't spoken to a women in ~2 years
>>
>>29422786
Believe in the now. Maybe read eckhart tolle's the power of now.
>>
>>29423301
STEM is a huge meme and plenty of people with STEM degrees are stuck working retail too thanks to outsourcing and pajeets. I know people with mechanical engineering degrees who can't get jobs.

The beauty/hilarity is that it doesn't matter what you major in. So you might as well just study it because you have a legit passion for it. Whatever happens afterwards happens but hopefully your passion won't die out.

Robots are depressed as fuck so they often don't understand how they're in a good position as well. No normie gf/wife/children to hold you down. You can do whatever the fuck you want with proper planning. If one thing doesn't work just try something else.
>>
>>29421948
Be my gf and move in with me.
>>
>>29421789
29 here. I'm gay and would love to find a 4chan bf and the last guy i talked to was 18 and couldn't get how I'm not interested in that. Then he called me a fat neckbeard and we stopped talking.
:( feels bad lads
>>
>>29423513
What did you get your bachelors in and what are you trying to get your masters in and what was your ugrad gpa? I'm planning on pursuing a masters soon, but I'm fucking scared because I had a <3.0 in ugrad
>>
>>29422912
Wow, I was thinking that you sounded cute and then realised you were a girl.
>>
>>29423559
I got my bachelors degree in Psychology. My GPA is a 3.97, and I'm trying to get my MA in a political science field.

If your GPA is below 3.0 I'm not sure what to tell you. Most schools have a cutoff of having at least a 3.0. However, if your GRE score is amazing I'm sure that will counter your poor GPA.

If you feel any better, I'm extremely nervous as well.
>>
How do you guys spend most of your time when you aren't working or going to school? I have hobbies but It's impractical to do them every day or they can only be done in short amounts of time. Most days I just lurk 4chan and I'm getting tired of it. This site doesn't satisfy me any more after being here 7 years.
>>
>>29421948
Move in with me, I'll pay for everything. I won't pay for anything because I'm poor please come pay my bills I will cook us falafel.
>>
>>29423610
Fuck. I saw that most of the schools are looking for people with at least a 3.0 for an MS in Computer Science.

Goodluck senpai.
>>
>>29423659
going to the gym and wrestling/boxing. male dominated activities.
>>
>>29423659
I play melee at tournaments and program. Also speedrunning but that's a recent thing.
>>
>>29423698
Are you Chibi?
>>
Anyone who's "exactly 18" is probably below 18.
>>
>>29423693
How hard is it to get into boxing? It was something that interested me when I was younger but only my younger brother ever picked it up.
>>
>be 41
>it never gets better
>>
>>29423688
I didn't see what your GPA was but I just got into Hopkins with a 3.49 for an M.S. in Mech E, you don't gotta be perfect
>>
>>29423698
I'm trying to play fewer video games. Maybe I'm a wannabe normie but my playing video games embarasses me.
>>
File: wojak living the dream.png (114 KB, 1448x828) Image search: [Google]
wojak living the dream.png
114 KB, 1448x828
>>29423659
more or less pic related. Go to bed at 4AM and wake up at 1PM. Play a lot of free to play mobile games, and have an extensive backlog on my PS3 that I neglect in favor of replaying the same games over and over again. Spend way too much time on 4chin as well.
>>
>>29423768
I graduated with a 2.8 in CS.

Good job friend. I wish you luck in your MS program!
>>
>>29423768
how do these normies get on here?
>>
>>29423768
I'm actually applying to Hopkins for my MA. Any advice?
>>
>>29423792
It takes a lot of effort to not go back to this. When I was doing this every time I looked in the mirror I wanted to die.
>>
>>29421922
Same. I work 7:30-5 now too, exhausted.
>>
>>29423757
it's very accessible because more people want to do it now because it's more fun than traditional workouts. Just google boxing/mma gyms in your area, find something reputable, then simply call and ask for a free class to see how you like it.

They'll blend your novice classes with conditioning and the rest is technique and holding pads for your partner. You don't need to worry about getting punched in the face if you don't want to.
>>
>>29423735
No, I'm a beginner still but I'm relatively good at melee.
>>
>>29423862
Okay I'll add that to the list of things to try this summer.
>>
>>29423485
>You literally have no happy memories since being born?
Where the fuck do you think you are? Failed normies are LITERALLY the worst posters in this board.
>>
>>29423659
>How do you guys spend most of your time when you aren't working or going to school?
4chan
That's literally it.
>>
I'm 27, total khv, never had a relationship, what few friends I had have long since abandoned me, I had a massive breakdown and dropped stopped going to and class last semester, and I'm stuck working a shitting 4pm-12:30am job I can't afford to leave.

Life is shitty joke, and we're the punchline.

I think I'm out of here. I'm not dealing with this shit forever.
>>
I'm turning 28 next month. I'm ready to die. My life isn't going to change, I know that from experience. I think this is what I've always really wanted.
>>
>>29423783
I know how you feel. I enjoy going to tournaments but it's weird playing against younger people.
>>
Work as solicitor after being a druggo since 16
mfw, I have money and can't even attract prostitutes.

>Be decent looking German bro
>>
>>29423555
Mikey?

do me
>>
>>29424017
It's so weird because video games have become another arm in mass produced media that is consumed by tons of normies yet I'm still embarrassed to admit I've even seen a video game.
>>
File: 1465109919964.png (193 KB, 402x469) Image search: [Google]
1465109919964.png
193 KB, 402x469
>>29421789
ITT: Virgins with jobs.
>>
>>29423326
>>29423375
>no reply
JUST DIE IN MY SLEEP ALREADY
D
I
M
S
A
>>
>>29424129
Just go to LA or San Jose. Asian aspiring med students are a dime a dozen there.
>>
>>29424173
I live in
F L O R I D A
L
O
R
I
D
A
>>
>>29423520
yeah, I went into art and now I make a decent middle class income, you just have to be smart about it and take it seriously. these dumb kids who rant all day about stem are so narrow minded. I think it's a meme from the manosphere pushed by a bunch of super-right wing faggots.
>>
File: 006hg.png (337 KB, 567x330) Image search: [Google]
006hg.png
337 KB, 567x330
>>29423485
>>sex
>It's not hard when you have realistic expectations
Stupid fucking normie go back to red dit
>>
>>29423659
25 today.

I spent it eating dinner to myself at a Sushi place, now I'm back home in my solo living place, drinking beer & watching Anime, browsing 4chan.

>Be manager of Finance office

That's probably why, I'm like this.
>>
>>29421789
>high school is below that
>I'm 18 and will graduate with 20
>>
>>29423659
Literally go outside and walk around alone
>>
>>29423520
>STEM is a huge meme

No it isn't at all. Harder degree, less people willing to take it up, greater demand in STEM related work force. It's pretty damn simple.
>>
>>29424276
sure, no one is disputing that, but even so it doesn't mean that you have to take stem or you're retarded - which is commonly stated here. most people will be miserable working a stem job.
>>
>>29424276
I am in STEM because I am passionate about it. Many of the people that are in my classes are dumb with a C's get degrees attitude. They will go on to become managers though so I guess they won't ever design things that can explode.

The higher demand for STEM isn't exactly true. It's partially a tactic to lower the starting wages of graduates.
>>
File: kekekeke.png (122 KB, 307x255) Image search: [Google]
kekekeke.png
122 KB, 307x255
>>29424276
>mfw all your stem jobs are going to be taken by Asians and Loos because I want to expand the H1B program
>mfw there are more stem grads than jobs as it is
>mfw tolerance bitch
>>
>>29424199
Then you're fucked because no Asians live there.
>>
>>29421789
I'm 28, no job, still live with parents
Recently been diagnosed ADHD and medicated so I have great hope in that
>>
>>29424276
Lol @ harder degree
>>
>>29424539

STEM is extremely hard, that's why nobody is in it. Lots of high level math and science course are required. Its not for babies. There is a reason why few women are in stem. Not many frat bros either, just white nerds, asians and poo in the loos aka human calculators.
>>
>>29424450
Not like I can be picky with girls anyway
>>
File: 74541.jpg (7 KB, 325x227) Image search: [Google]
74541.jpg
7 KB, 325x227
>26, 27 in a few weeks
>was a full time minimum wageslave until last week
>back living neet life at parents house
>have literally no idea where i'm going or what i'm doing
>spend days on 4chan and youtube
>>
File: PICRELATED.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
PICRELATED.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>>29421815
>he thinks the ride stops
>>
>>29421953
I got thin and got a job, still want to die but for sure getting thin helps.
>>
File: 1422767395962.jpg (84 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1422767395962.jpg
84 KB, 640x426

Work a boring job that I was supposed to get promoted from.

Are permavirgs allowed in here?
>>
25 here, also work at a college. About to be let go though, fucking NEETdom if I can't find work.
>>
I am 22 soon to be 23...
I decided to engage in an art degree with a focus in animation and comics... contrary to popular belief it's quite the demanding degree because here you actually need to know how to draw, how to write and you gotta be genuinely criative as well as 100% honest if you want to do something with quality. Doing comics and animation is exausting but as long people people believe that all art students are the ones that display a pen in the top of a chair as their semester project the stigma will continue. Not that i care much about it.
This year was pretty shit. I'm still recovering from a huge depression that started last year so i might need to spend another year to complete the degree. I want to get better as soon as possible cause i was one of the best students in the university.
What gives me anxiety is the fact that i'll be in a harsh position once i finish my degree. I'm quite good in comics and storytelling but my drawing skills, despite being average and somehwat decent, still aren't suited for professional careers. I think that my only chance would be to take a master degree in a theorical area so i can become a teacher or something like that while making my own comics and trying to have some side income.
I really want to make a great comic that would inspire lonely people and such but that will be almost impossible to achieve in a back breaking minimum wage job...
>>
>>29424797
They sure are

I'm bored as fuck at work also.
>>
File: 14648577566735.jpg (82 KB, 447x557) Image search: [Google]
14648577566735.jpg
82 KB, 447x557
Kek, my father is the alpha neet, i just realised.

>be father, 28, kid
>don't care bitch get me parts for my remote car

>31 another kid

>bitch get me parts for my remote helicopter

>be father, work from 29-35

>be father have rich parrents decide not do work anymore, because i get anything i want from rich parrents

>be father 51 now, still get's everything from his parrents and lives at them, just drives at the weekend to his slave girflriend

kek, he really mastered the art of spreading genes, not being a virgin, but a neet good living at 50.

This guy is one of a kind.

But he is an real narcissistic assholoe who hit me because i accidentally broke a part from his remote helicopter, kek

But aren't we all like this?

Maybe he is just a chad with rich parrents that discovered neetdom to fullfill his normie needs.

He is sad, every 3-4 weeks he has a new hobbie, he seems like he never find's peace, he allways needs something new.

Hit me, mum sister, insults his rich parrents, hates them but still get's ALOT of bux from them, i guess in his lifetime he got about 20 million from them.

Absolute Sadman.
>>
>>29424852
>with a focus in animation and comics
Post your stuff.
>>
>>29424852
3d artist here
id imagine 2d animators do alot of dirty work they are also the driving force of entertainment

but still your skills will apply in so many different industries it worth the grind
>>
File: contemplative.png (1 MB, 2475x1593) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.png
1 MB, 2475x1593
>>29424902
Here, have a quick drawing i made.
I wish i could show more stuff but 4chan isn't the best place to show serious original content
>>
>>29424960
Nice, this year i actually tried to get into the digital drawing but i don't find it very appealing.
I'm much more comfortable with hand drawing and traditional inking
>>
28 y.o. here writing to you from my mother's basement. FOR FUCK SAKES.
>>
>>29425105
are you really in your mother's basement? or just trolling?
>>
>>29421853
How can you not find a relevant job? Where do you live?
>>
>>29424129
LMAO
nigga leave your skype info
and u shall be contacted

i'm just hoping you're
25+ too and not going to ask me for SAT advice
>>
>>29421789

I'll be 25 this Thursday

I honestly believe everyone here is above 20

under 20s are mostly on /v/ /pol/ and /b/
>>
File: 1463359867829.jpg (88 KB, 855x810) Image search: [Google]
1463359867829.jpg
88 KB, 855x810
>>29426273
I'm 27 and I browse /v/ and /pol/ regularly.

Just to stay up to date with stuff, though. 99% of threads are utter shit.
>>
>>29421789

Yep, over 25 here...

Kill me please.
>>
>>29426571
I can't wait for the election to be over, I'm really tired of trump threads.
>>
>>29426166
>SAT advice
Come on nigga. I'm a week from 25.
>>
>>29423358
We're all failures here, friend..
>>
>>29426273
There is no way there is even a majority of 20+. The people on this board are children, many not even 18. They just come to shitpost and rage because of hormones.
>>
So many people /1991/ here, God damn.
>>
WTB late 20s/30s Eurofembot who's awake at 4AM.
>>
temporary chatroom for old cunts
limit is like 10 people or some shit
im bored as hell

https://us23.chatzy.com/43853289937483
>>
>>29426837
/1991/ reporting in. I would like a /1991/ gf please.
>>
>>29426166
Not that guy but I made a skype
arealhumanbean91
>>
>>29427074
Why would you do that? I want to meet MCAT girl not pt 2
>>
>>29426640

leave info
>>
>26
>useless degree
>no call backs, ever, for anything
>already living in the most job-filled city in my state
>sister may kick me out to live with our mom soon if I don't find something
>dreading it because if I can't find a job here I won't find a job there

I've never felt more in between a rock and a hard place in my life.
>>
>>29426892
Why did you even post this? Pretty sure it's kids pretending to be old
>>
Turned 19 today. Feels bad. Last 8 months have been shit
>>
>25
>finally have a decent job apart from the pajeet infestation
>live in constant fear of being fired for microagressions
>>
>>29421789

32 and still miserable.

Granted, i've been able to find decent jobs and long term relationships, but life since about 17 has mostly just been a brutal struggle against rejection, bullying, and loneliness.

I'm not sure what is wrong with me; i seem to be a reasonably intelligent, pleasant person with no crippling flaws (other than being a nerdy looking manlet). However, I simply cannot get other people to LIKE me in the way that normal people can achieve, such that relationships are mutually beneficial and not simply one party taking advantage of or humiliating the other.

I'm the kind of guy that went off alone all throughout highschool, college, and in the office workplace. I get shamed for not being social enough, and I'm disrespected and humiliated when I try and interact with the groups.

People can only take so much of pleasantries, canned responses, and lame conversations before they get the urge to forcibly extract the intruder from the group. You need to have something "raw" about you that pulls other people in, otherwise not only will they disregard you, they'll do it in a typically aggressive manner.

While I feel like i've done nothing to deserve my fate, I also recognize that perhaps I simply don't have enough of any of the required raw materials to earn humane treatment by society.

I've got such a depressing life history that I often wonder if it's due to retardation, disability, height, aesthetics, or some combination. It's simply not NORMAL to have lived like this, and it is this notion that eats at me with every passing year.

I have no idea how to go about fixing it. I feel like i've put on so many costumes and acts throughout life already.
>>
>>29427574

sometimes i want to trade contact info with people like you that i find on here, so that we can figure out a nice city to move to as roommates.

it's sad that i've actually had the thought "where in this world would i have to move in order to have a remotely normal life"
>>
>>29428136
I think about this all the time, because it's either that, or you know.

Wish I actually had proper steady income or enough money to fix my life somewhere else, but everywhere I can go in my shitty financial situation doesn't seem to be a place that would solve anything.

And it's such a paltry amount of money that would fix everything wrong in my life, at least it would seem so to anyone from the first world. I can't fucking believe that people get to live for free and waste their lives when they can literally have all the time in the world to do creative things.

Fuck this shit.
>>
File: mask.jpg (45 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
45 KB, 400x441
Trust me, you VASTLY underestimate the median age of /r9k/ . I've seen 60+ year-olds on here.
>>
>>29424036
Marry me anon

Original
>>
>>29428243

Thus proving that the median is an easily skewed statistic. If you have 1000 people who are 18-25, 200 people 26-31, and one guy who is 60, the median is 39 years old. It's frequently just a shitty representation because you have no idea how any numbers are distributed.
>>
>>29424891
hes chad from the future
>>
File: 1463971748929.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1463971748929.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>25
>NEET for 6 years

no escape
>>
32 yo male. I'm an introvert for sure but I don't consider myself like most of r9k. I have a job in the software industry, an apartment, etc. I'm kind of normal, just really shy.

I never let myself fall into the internet hells of too much anime, furies, masturbating to traps, or other weird traits. Some of you people fucked yourself by allowing yourself to adopt hobbies that twisted your minds.
>>
>>29429057
What do you work as specifically?

Also, as someone trying to get into the software industry myself, do you have any advice? I've been trying to learn node.js but I just feel so stupid and slow. It takes me forever to understand the simplest things. I've been trying to understand the whole asychronous/callbacks stuff for like a month now and just fall asleep 5 minutes into reading. Am I just wasting my time?

I'm 25, please shower me with your knowledge anon.
>>
>>29429265
My job title is "data scientist". It is basically 65% software development and 25% machine learning, 10% grasp of statistics/math. I work primarily in python and java. I know enough html/css/javascript/c++ to get by if I need it. And enough about web hosting, hadoop, distributed computing, unix-y stuff to accomplish what I need to build prototypes of predictive models, and get them running on the company's Dev cluster.

I've only been in this industry for 1.5 years (went to college later than most). So I am still at the start of my career and still learning a lot.
>>
Ok guys im leaving r9k, im done with all this 18yo fuckers
>>
>>29429265
What background (experience/education) do you have?
For learning tech stuff, choose something you want to create that involves the subject you want to learn (node.js). Some website project that requires it. It doesn't have to be super cool or even useful. Instead of learning the abstract ideas of node.js by reading, you will be learning them to implement them on your website. Now when you read something the knowledge will connect to something concrete - your project. This really helps me. Your project can also become a github resume item if you polish it enough.
>>
File: cantdodgetheodds.png (446 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
cantdodgetheodds.png
446 KB, 492x479
Has anyone else here turned to using what little money you have on lottery gambling because its literally, literally, the only way you will get to enjoy the NEET life and not be poor/broke all the time?
>>
>>29421853
>no degrees or certs, just about 7 years give and take of IT-Help Desk / server side experience.

Sorry anon but thats entirely on you. You should have gotten at the very least the basic CompTIAs or Cisco Certs
>>
>>29428042
The thing is to not let it get to you. Try to find something that makes you happy even in the slightest without worrying about "fitting in". Best of luck to you anon. I'm sort of in the same boat and for me I just avoid those feelings all together.
>>
>>29421815

no one should be on this board unless they're at least 25

(26 checking in, i finally made it)
>>
>>29430394
Certs don't matter anymore once you have the experience
>>
>>29423446
xxxtra salty
>>
29, work a boring job, have a small home and car, fighting a depression spell, contemplating therapy to help. Trying new hobbies and thinking about cashing out and switching cities which will be my summer project of finding somewhere better to live. Have few friends which Im still grateful to have but dating is in a dry spell from the depression, just feel like I dont even want to bother with trying to impress a woman into liking me at this point.
>>
>>29430394
its so dumb but he can just go get those certs in no time and has the experience, this isn't an execution. You can keep going when you hit a roadblock, just improvise.
>>
File: 1465520510502.jpg (227 KB, 720x593) Image search: [Google]
1465520510502.jpg
227 KB, 720x593
>there is no bottom to how low one can feel
>>
>tfw a younger, better, prettier, smarter version of yourself arrives at your workplace (temporary internship)

It's not even jealousy, it's just the fact that it reminds me how pathetic I am.
>>
I'm 60 y.o. Voted for jimmy Carter for Pres. I got my BA in English in 1978. Worked a year as a poor proofreader. Then I got a good govt job through family. Retired now. I've been a computer hobbyist forever. O found 4chins as I am on the internet a lot. Some interesting threads here at times.
>>
>>29431661
unfeel me.

thinking about going back to the hospital.

this would require some type of faux suicide attempt.

what do?
>>
>>29432070
How long ago did you find 4chan? Were you into BBS back in the day? Go to any other forums, or did you before the death of forum culture?

27 myself. I started coming to 4chan in 06, and I remember coming to /r9k/ shortly after it was started back in early 08 around February. It's hard to believe how fast time flies sometimes. I graduated HS in 07, and dicked around for a couple years before I joined the military. I lost my virginity when I was 20 (and I haven't had sex since 1/1/10) , and after a whole bunch of health and personal issues I got out in 2013. Dicked around again for a couple years and went to college last year, I might finally turn this shitshow around.

I remember when I thought I actually fucking had this life shit figured out, and thought that my life was going to continue being as awesome as that first bit of neetdom I had after I graduated HS. Oh for those simple days.
>>
26. Total loser by normie standards. Spend several hours a day on /r9k/ because I don't "fit in" anywhere else.
>>
>>29432238
I went inpatient once, didn't find it to be particularly helpful. It was more scary than helpful.

You could try a psychologist?

I ditched all mental health help two years ago and can't say I'm any worse off. Seems they didn't help me much because don't feel worse without them.
>>
>>29421789
any gay guys above 25 here? Any neets over 25 here besides me?
>>
>>29433182
26 y/o gay neet here. Pls be in Australia
>>
>>29433229
America sorry gayfriend
>>
>>29433236
Tell me ur gay secrets old gay neet
>>
>>29421789
I'm almost 30 m8. Wife is just a bit younger. She lurks. I post
>>
File: IMG_20150426_171615_306.jpg (614 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150426_171615_306.jpg
614 KB, 2592x1944
I'm a wizard.

Life sucks.
>>
>>29433266
Women know if you are gay or bi, no matter how sly you think you are.
>>
>>29433321
Good thing I don't care about women
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.