[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that the summerfag meme is horseshit. Moot stated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: summerfag2.png (296 KB, 960x886) Image search: [Google]
summerfag2.png
296 KB, 960x886
Daily reminder that the summerfag meme is horseshit. Moot stated in his last podcast that September and January are the peaks of traffic.

As someone who has been here for 5 summers, I can tell you that the quality doesn't decrease. People just buy into the meme and then zero in more on the shitposts during the summer. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, really.
>>
>>29420448
But moot said that 4 years ago. How is it relevant now?
>>
The board and the rest of the site is still shit tho. At least in summer people tell shitposters to gtfo while the rest of the year they just get ignored
>>
>>29420491
It's been a meme for much longer so it at least damages the credibility of the meme.

But the podcast I am referring to is actually from January 2015.
>>
I concur

4chan is always full of teenagers, not just over the summer
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1252x1252
I have never noticed any difference in the summer, except a short burst at the beginning where users complain about summerfags.
>>
>>29420560
4chan was STARTED by a teenager, even
>>
>>29420581
Moot isn't a teenager, m8
>>
>>29420532
>It's been a meme for much longer so it at least damages the credibility of the meme.

Ah, ok. That makes perfect sense. Did you post/or get this from that thread where the OP went into a buttblasted 'tism rage? Because I just saw someone post this there.
>>
File: 2095.jpg (24 KB, 251x400) Image search: [Google]
2095.jpg
24 KB, 251x400
>>29420595
The site was started in 2003. He was 15 at the time.
>>
>>29420595
He meant moot was a teenager at the time.
>>
>>29420595
He was 15 when he created the site, "m8".
>>
Well thats the thing, you've been here for 5 summers. 5 summers since the whole shitshow began. You havent been here during the "good times".
It doesnt take a sudden spike in the userbase to shit things up. It requires just 3-5 active shitposters to ruin an entire board. I know this because I used to shitpost on one board, got few aboard and fucking ruined the whole board for a month or two. Its that goddamn easy.
>>
>>29420640
But he's 28 now do that doesn't matter. It wasn't started by a teenager cause the person who started it isn't a teenager anymore.
>>
>>29420595
Who?

I don't know who you're talking about.
>>
>>29420652
so if it's not good anymore, and there's no difference between the shitty summer months and the shitty winter months, then we can at least agree that it's not a summer problem, right? maybe it was true at a point, but it's no longer the case now.

I mean looking back on screencaps from early 4chan I only think it has gotten better, particularly /pol/, and the rest of the web is like a bastardized version of early 4chan.

But tangent aside, going by your logic, you'd still have to concede it's not a summer problem, but just a general year round newfag problem, at least these days.
>>
>>29420448
The funny part is thought that it does increase, not by much but there is an increase, so that still proves summerfaggotry is real, kek, retarded thread OP.
>>
I don't really get why summer has anything to do with it. Since smartphones exist, any little shit can go on 4chan and be a faggot while they're in school.
>>
>>29420805
january and september are the peak months, and yet there isn't a winter or spring fag meme.

which at least proves it's not the amount of people on during the summer that make it so faggy.

But anyway, to me there's no difference between summer quality and any other time of the year. it's just in your head.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.