[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that Youtube channel coming along robots? Hit any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: youtube thumbnail.jpg (64 KB, 539x557) Image search: [Google]
youtube thumbnail.jpg
64 KB, 539x557
How's that Youtube channel coming along robots?

Hit any milestones? Jumping on new bandwagons when it comes to meme games like Overwatch? Still playing Mineycrafta? Maybe you're trying out pranks in da hood?

I recently deleted all 3 or 4 old videos that I had on my channel out of embarrassment and am going to start over.

The other day too some high school kids filmed a prank video with me as one of the prankees and asked if I was okay with being in the video. Hope you kids become viral!
>>
I said fuck it awhile ago and decided to just throw up whatever half assed bullshit I felt like.
>>
I used to make machinima with my friends back in high school. I didnt post the videos on Facebook, just shared them privately with my friends.

One day my gf starts commenting on the videos and I never told her about them. But it's ok since she was crazy and after she left me for another guy the guy told me later that she would cut her wrists and use the blood as hair dye.

I don't use YouTube much these days now.
>>
>>29419926
What do you do, gaming? narration of furry fanfic? recitations of your manifestos?
>>
File: despair but also an erection.png (34 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
despair but also an erection.png
34 KB, 201x160
>>29420048
>it's ok since she was crazy and after she left me for another guy the guy told me later that she would cut her wrists and use the blood as hair dye.

well now isn't that something
>>
I don't know what video to make, other than one I made about my virginity
I'm too dumb to make arguments and shit, plus I don't want the headache or backlash from feminists,
I dunno I don't even care desu
I just make a couple of videos now and again, it's kind of like therapy, talking on camera or the mic
>>
>>29420104
>I'm too dumb to make arguments and shit, plus I don't want the headache or backlash from feminists,

but loads of youtubers do just that and get paid for it as well. Anything clickbaity and controversial just means more views.
>>
>>29420371
True, those bastards
>>
I've made over $1,000 from youtube adsense

I wasted it all on weed
>>
>>29420992
What is your content about ?
>>
Mine's not that great. I talk about cars, anime, and other random tidbits about my life.

Uploaded this about yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p05YxC5EvKg
>>
>20-40 viewers on Twitch
>>
>>29419799
https://www.youtube.com/user/crashnburn254/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

It's going OK, I have no real theme to my channel, just shitty /v/ memes and half-assed flash content. My most popular video is from 4 years ago. I have people who have messaged me about how good my obscure video playslists are though.

I have a friend who works in advertising who wanted to create a live action skit video about vidya so maybe it could become an ongoing thing if that goes well.
>>
>>29419799
I'm fucking trash at this game but its fun
>>
File: 5267541.png (36 KB, 451x533) Image search: [Google]
5267541.png
36 KB, 451x533
>have 150~ games on steam
>want to start an LP channel but missed the buzz bigtime
>too socially inept for twitch
>>
File: 1465486057362.jpg (111 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1465486057362.jpg
111 KB, 540x720
>>29422619
oops forgot my video
https://youtu.be/TDysOrMgQ_A
>>
>>29421983
That's some decent potential
Remember to make your viewers feel like your friend and build a community.
I wouldn't start selling out until you get 200 viewers.
>>
File: 13482.png (663 KB, 818x719) Image search: [Google]
13482.png
663 KB, 818x719
I cant figure out twitch, like maybe i'm missing one thing to become a hit

>i'm a girl
>I play popular games
>i have a face cam
>I cant do the whole low cut shirt thing because I have A cup boobs.
>>
I got too many copyright strikes and it got taken down.
>>
>>29422733
You probably live in Kentucky, too.

Get outta here, shit skin
>>
File: 1372654667641.jpg (511 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
1372654667641.jpg
511 KB, 612x816
>>29421046
Is that really you?

no fucking way
>>
Uploaded my first (first actually finished, first scrapped ytpmvs were "started" back in 2012) ytpmv 2 months ago, made something after it (3 scrapped projects that I didn't feel like finishing) and now struggling with search of ideas and thinking about quitting. Damn, being late and not creative sucks. Why didn't I complete first ones back in 2012? I could have been at least somewhat important in the community now.
>>
>>29422640
iktf anon

>missed out on early internet
>missed out on bitcoin
>missed out on starting own youtube
>>
i upload video game remixes and guitar remixes that i make. i've been doing it for like 7 years but barely get any views.

>>29422733
just show off tummy or legs or something and you'll rack up the beta bux donations easily
>>
I have 400 subs and a cumulative 100,000 video views

I was getting a sub a day when I was consistently uploading stuff, but I've only uploaded one video in 2016. I keep the channel going because I got a check for $100 from jewgle last year. I was more serious about it before the cent per click got nerfed. I think it used to be as much as 7Cents/click and now it's less than 1, but I haven't checked in a long time, don't really care.

Also, it's not video games.
>>
File: 1447477408804.png (26 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1447477408804.png
26 KB, 500x419
Almost 700 subs
70,000 views on one video
100,000 views on another
30 average viewers who watch anything I do
Made 4 videos talking about two horrible people I know in real life that the regular viewers seemed to enjoy

I really have to thank Undertale and sonic autism for giving me some kind of footing in this shit hole.
>>
>>29423048
Also I'm trying to send my mock terrorist video to a feminist media outlet or an insane tumblr blogger and get them to circulate it, where do I go? I tried tweeting at Gawker, Jezebel, Buzzfeed, Feminist Frequency, but they didn't see it.
>>
>>29423157
leafyishere? get a buzz around his twitter feed and try to get him to mock it
>>
>>29422733
Lots of guys like that too. Or just focus on face and don't worry about it.
>>
>>29423434
I did make a few to see if some faggot like him would call me a faggot and show a million other people it. No he would probably know that I was just fucking around in the video because I was laying the satire on pretty thick but not so much that feminists wouldn't misunderstand it. It's about running girl gamers out of our livelihood. I don't know how to contact these people.
>>
>tfw your fave youtuber sells out and you watch their quality decline

Have you given up on them?
>>
File: 1465428663107.jpg (430 KB, 3918x1932) Image search: [Google]
1465428663107.jpg
430 KB, 3918x1932
1k total views, mostly car stuff without me talking. about 800 views on one video. it's also the only one with likes/dislikes. I'm into /o/ related stuff, but I'm socially awkward, and don't have much of a personality. Even if I filmed that shit I feel like i'd get very few views.

Although I guess I could try and force myself into making better videos. I am subbed to a few small channels where it's guys similar to me kinda just documenting car stuff
>>
It's true. Uber is basically a hookup service, if you work the night shift. At least once a night a girl wants me to stop working and go to the bar with her, go home with her, or do drugs with her. Gay men are always after me while I'm driving. I don't pick up from the gayborhood anymore, for already knowing they're not going to stop trying to convince me to fuck, sometimes the soft-selling goes non-stop for 20+ miles.
>>
>>29423571
There are so many medium-sized channels that I'm still subbed to but genuinely do not give a shit about anymore, and would feel guilty unsubbing from because god bless them they're still trying.
>>
I have an idea to create a gameplay commentary channel that deconstructs the whole commentary/life story/reaction channel genre. But idk how I would go about it.
>>
>>29423670
That's because you're Chad or normie senpai

Check your privilege. No one would proposition an ugly robot who is bad at conversation.
>>
I have about eight hundred Instagram followers. My only social media presence. YouTube culture seems largely retarded beyond belief
>>
I wanna do an LP type of thing, nothing big, cause stuff like this doesn't get big but playing some WRPGs where you make your own character and roleplaying them out, something similar to mynameisnotlilly.

But I have a thick accent, some say its hard to understand and others say its comfy
>>
to those with an account how does getting paid work?
>>29423745
me too and i do have an idea but im not sure i want to say it because someone might use it and i cant really make videos at the moment
>>
>>29422766
>"she" didn't answer
>>
>tfw shitty speaking voice
>tfw can't even speak English properly
>tfw not attractive
So much for the Youtube channel I guess :(

I wish there was something to do where you don't actually have to BE YOURSELF.
>>
Anyone here have like an autistic hobby channel like Skylanders, Card collecting, Power Ranger toys or whatever?
>>
>>29424752
>Card collecting

I'd love to make a Pokemon TCG channel but I'm too poor to buy this stuff
>>
>>29424752
>Power Ranger toys or whatever?

YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCqQ-MyZXRA
>>
>>29421046
do you do your own videos or is it a production agency or your boyfriend or your boyfriend turned production agency or your production agency turned boyfriend or you or are you cgi
>>
>>29424752
I was into collecting Yugioh cards until I realized I was too dumb to play the game well.
My Harpie deck will never be finished...
>>
>>29424549
>to those with an account how does getting paid work?

You enable monetization, which anyone can do. You also open up an adsense account which is associated with your youtube account.

Now, you have ads playing before your videos. Youtube gets a cut of the ad revenue and you get the rest. It's typically 1-4 dollars per 1000 views.

Once you break over 10 thousands subs you'll also receive revenue from those as well.
>>
>>29425003
i thought since most people use adblock that wouldnt work
unless im misunderstanding how adblock works
>>
>>29425003
>It's typically 1-4 dollars per 1000 views.

Per month I should say, and for each video.

It's not like if you have a bunch of meme videos that all collect 1000 views as a whole over the years you'll one day get 3$ from youtube.
>>
>>29422766
the person who posted is probably a mechanical turk worker in bangladesh
>>
>>29420992
How many views?
>>
>>29425022
>most people use adblock

Most don't use adblock actually.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-percentage-of-Internet-users-that-employ-AdBlock-Plus-or-similar-ad-blocking-plugins

But yeah if someone watches a monetized video with no adblock, it doesn't actually count as a "view" since youtubers get paid by adviews, ads that play before their videos, and not the actual views of their videos.
>>
File: utub bennies.png (283 KB, 805x1157) Image search: [Google]
utub bennies.png
283 KB, 805x1157
>>29425206
huh, i guess its all those kids not knowing how to block ads
also, what if i made a video that was a bout 20mins long and open in it in 10 tabs without adblock, would that count? i know its cheating the system but if anyone did it frequently enough you could get some decent side money
>>
>>29425281
Youtube has a system for what's considered a "view" I forget how it works, you need to look it up but basically simply clicking on a video isn't considered a view, this is done for a few reasons.
>>
>>29425342
i heard something about having to watch the whole video which is why i said 20mins because if i did this i could do it 3x an hour
all on mute tho
>>
>>29425281

They will terminate your account. At least that's how it used to be. Actually I think you can do this to other people's youtube accounts if they're small enough and get them banned from adsense as well
>>
>>29425281
>huh, i guess its all those kids not knowing how to block ads

I'm 30 and don't use adblock. For one thing a 5-second ad isn't a big deal for me, and also I want to support the people I watch on youtube and don't want to contribute to the collapse of youtube and the internet at large.

>>29425342
>>29425374

You just have to watch the ad, that's it. If someone watches a video a million times with adblock, that video is still making 0 dollars from those million views.,
>>
>>29425398
>They will terminate your account.
what if i was logged out of my theoretical account
>>29425427
>You just have to watch the ad
no im really confused
>>
my most viewed video was a joke between be an a friend.
>>
>>29425641
I only upload speedrun videos to my youtube account and my most viewed video by far is a two year old video that's six minutes slower than my current best time. And it's a vicious cycle because more views on that video causes it to be recommended over my better run, so more people see it, etc. Like, fuck, I don't want you to watch that run, it's slow as shit
>>
File: youtube dosh.png (3 KB, 423x177) Image search: [Google]
youtube dosh.png
3 KB, 423x177
It's okay. I don't really try to pander to anybody for views. I don't put any real effort into my videos, I just sort of upload whatever. My highest viewed video is about 90k views but it is totally unlike anything else I've ever posted. Only recently started monetizing, just for shits and giggles really.
>>
>>29425807
>not posting channel
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.