[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/depersonalized/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: ..jpg (18 KB, 600x238) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
18 KB, 600x238
>sitting and conversing
>suddenly hit with out of body thoughts
>can't tell who I am anymore
>not sure who I'm talking to
>what is identity
who else /depersonalized/
I can't be the only one
please share stories before it happens again
>>
I get it, but to a lesser degree than you. I guess sort of more into the realm of derealization.
>>
>>29417697
when was your last occurrence?
>>
My friend has had one once and I was facinated by the phenomenon he described. I would like to experience that myself just for curiositys sake. Altered states of mind are facinating.
>>
>>29417849
its horrible you dont want it dep is awful
>>
>>29417849
when it hits you a certain way it's hard to get back on your feet
if you think you can handle it then it could be perceived as desirable
although there are plenty of other things to do to fill the time
>>
File: 1463270131546.jpg (77 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1463270131546.jpg
77 KB, 460x628
>no one else saying they have it
>>
>>29418030
i do i even told that guy its horrible and he doesnt want it .
>>
>>29417723
Last time I can think of was one time in the psych ward, I was talking to the med nurse about some stuff, having some intense mood swings, was in a very elevated mood, then all of a sudden BAM, everything feels surreal and strange and alien and unreal, I feel completely disconnected from my voice, my existence as a physical entity separate from my thought process seems utterly grotesque and disgusting, and I feel incredibly light and floaty.
>>
>>29417849
Just do some fucking ketamine or robotrip or something then.
>>
>>29418074
>>29418042
well I guess it's nice to know we're not alone
I realize there isn't much to say about it

that sounds like an intense one anon hopefully it didn't stick with you after
>>
>>29418112
It honestly wasn't that intense. I mean 5 minutes later it was completely out of my head. When I experience these kinds of things, it's often a very rapid onset, relatively low duration, and usually a pretty quick recovery.
>>
>>29418151
well that's good it doesn't get to you
the ones that linger are the worst
just experienced one and everything is doubtful
my body wants to cry but my soul wants to leave
>>
>>29418190
I had a bad, long lasting, lingering one when I was younger, and I know how fucking terrible that is. I was at a really shitty point in life, extremely alone, and I smoked way, way too much weed in a very short period of time. I can't really describe how I felt.
>>
>>29418263
well now that you're doing better it gives whatever this is hope
goodbye
>>
File: 1461512371198.jpg (59 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1461512371198.jpg
59 KB, 600x700
I have had this, but not for a long time now. Usually it would happen in the shower.

Does anyone even know what it is or how/why it happens?

I mean it's pretty much like a dissociative drug (nitrous oxide / ketamine), but then again not entirely like it either.
>>
Is it derealisation if you feel like the world has changed in some way but you can't figure out how? Just a sense that something is different.

Could it be dissociation if you remember something that didn't happen, don't remember something that did happen, and mix up the timeline of both, in one day?
>>
File: 1292228759503.jpg (42 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1292228759503.jpg
42 KB, 500x373
>>29419848
yes to all of that shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization
>>
>>29419883
Thanks. I thought so, but I've read those articles and more but I find the descriptions too vague, so I wasn't sure.

A frequent occurrence is complete emotional and external detachment - I basically retreat into my head and go on autopilot. I'm usually pretty emotionally detached anyway but this is more (for want of a better word) extreme. It's not unpleasant, though -- in fact, it's quite serene, which I guess is why I do it -- until I have to interact, at which point I get anxious as my brain hurries to change "modes". The other thing that happens is that colours will be either more or less vibrant.
>>
I got it when I did weed, after it quit it went away. Try to go get a hobby, and lay off any psychoactive substance that you are taking routinely.
>>
>>29420523
i experienced very short episodes of depersonalization (lasted max 10 seconds) long before i started doing drugs...
>>
File: 1436382310357.jpg (75 KB, 497x481) Image search: [Google]
1436382310357.jpg
75 KB, 497x481
oh fuck you this is actually a thing?
god damnit
stop giving me more flaws you shits
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.