[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Who else avoidant personality disorder here Is this the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
>Who else avoidant personality disorder here

Is this the worst life
>>
I'm not actually diagnosed with it, but the MMPI suggested that I had avoidant traits to a fairly heavy degree.
>>
me
it's been years I don't go to any birthday parties or barbacues from relatives
I'm kind of scared ot leaving the house too
>>
>>29416707
For me this condition is a blessing.

I have concluded that from human interaction, we robots rarely get something good.

Since we mostly get awkwardness and pain, this condition for me feels like a survival instinct.
>>
>>29416787
if you have this condition surely you desire relationships with other people?
>>
>>29416746
Same here. I don't really like the idea of self diagnosis but avoidant personality fits me perfectly. I didn't even know there was a name for it until that test
>>
>>29416875
op here, exactly the same as this, thank god i made some friends in my uni flat otherwise i would have literally noone, actually think im just gonna kill myself after uni I wont have anyone left
>>
>>29416875
>>29416938
S E L F D I A G N O S E D

You probably aren't even extreme enough to have it. Go to a psychiatrist first. You have to have been severely abused to have that.
>>
>>29417003
you dont have to be severely abused to have APD
>>
I'm a self diagnosed autist with schizoid tendencies and avoidant rubs me the wrong way. I can get along with virtually anyone, even the mechanics machos, but your meek and weak bullshit makes my skin crawl.
>>
>>29417034
>says the self diagnosed tumblrboy
>>
>>29417003
You don't need to be severely abused to have it, you basically just need to have a somewhat shitty childhood. Are you thinking of BPD?
>>
File: S2DS.jpg (161 KB, 1222x1380) Image search: [Google]
S2DS.jpg
161 KB, 1222x1380
>>29416707
Diagnosed with it and depression.

>tfw barely managing to stay alive

Haven't seen my psychiatrist in months.
>>
>>29416707
I thought I was APD for a bit until I saw a therapist it turned out I was actually schizoid and depressed at the time. Now I'm just schizoid and less depressed.
>>
>>29417093
Diagnosed Borderline here. Yes that is true.
>>
I was trying to convince myself that I was schizoid for the past few weeks, but I think I've come around to consider AvPD again.

I'm at the point that I can acknowledge that I want to have friendships and relationships, but I also know that every social situation I am put in causes me to panic and feel like my life is in danger, no matter how prepared I am or how much I tell myself that everything is OK.

Basically, being social is just not worth it for me, so I've learned to bury those yearnings.

I've learned to cope by watching Let's Plays and other videos of people I like as a sort of substitute for friends and it helps a ton. I can spend an hour listening to someone talk about their project or interest and get some sort of fulfilment that I imagine having actual friends is like for some people.

I'm finally going to be seeing a free employment/mental health advisor this week. The only reason I'm not a hermit is because my dad has been helping me hold on to a job since he knows my boss, but even the smaller amount of interaction I have to do at this job is draining for me.
>>
>>29416707
yeah i dont know, i fit all the criteria to a T, but ive never been officially diagnosed because im to go to a doctor or psychiatrist and talk about it so i dont know if i really have it
>>
>>29417060 here I was severely abused and displayed some avoidant behaviour and thought, but I snapped out of it and reforged my soul with chemical love.
Now all reminders of my former weakness fill me with disgust. I remember how weak I was, how reliant on others. How afraid to do what is right. So afraid I could not even see what was the right thing sometimes.
>>
>>29417060
>autistic
>schizoid

Choose one.
>>
>>29416707
I've been forcing myself to go to coworkers BBQs and hangouts to the point of making me physically sick but it's slowly going away. There's a way out it's just fucking atrocious.
>>
>>29417219
>helping me hold on to a job since he knows my boss, but even the smaller amount of interaction I have to do at this job is draining for me.
Oh fuck off.

You're not avoidant pd or schizoid. You're just a little more nervous than most but not clinical grade if you've been in work, even if the job was handed to you.

I've seen to people who literally could not do that. You'll rant and derp at me but that's because you can't comprehend what it's like to actually have these issues at a clinical grade.

If you don't believe me, see a psychologist and he'll send you home with what I've said to you here.

Also the surrogate friends thing via online media is a fairly popular thing among young people today. It's a rising trend with a huge market.
>>
File: 673461096.jpg (296 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
673461096.jpg
296 KB, 610x475
>tfw avpd and depression
>tfw lonely
>tfw don't want to call out to meet someone I know
>tfw can't get a job and if I get one handed I drop out after a month or two
>tfw friends get more and more alien on the rare occasion that they invite me
>no self esteem
>anxiety to try new things
>parents never taught me even basic stuff
>tried therapy but it didn't help much

I rate this life 2,5/10
>>
tfw schizotypal and borderline personality disorders among the main things in my diagnosis

You are all scum and fuck that makes me tingly.
>>
>>29419058
You must be fun to hang around with when you're in a good mood
>>
>>29417892
I'm not really looking to get pity from you but if you must know this isn't some issue that's come up in the past year, I've been dealing with this my entire life.

I grew up with a diagnosed Bipolar&Borderline mother that abused narcotics and who destroyed my self-confidence and made me paranoid about every authority figure in my life. She ruined my entire family.

At my worst was highschool, I dropped out of all the advanced courses my first year because I keep being out sick due to my constant anxiety about moving to a bigger school. I didn't have a single friend the entire 4 years. I almost ended up failing senior year but that's not really related.

I have been through absolute hell this past year learning to deal with my issues while holding a job. If I knew how much pain I'd have to endure to reach even the low level of familiarity in this job I'd have never taken it. My family is working class and I can't afford to quit but I couldn't force myself to do it again. For the first time in my life I've made some slight bit of progression and I'm still so far behind.

The only reason I can even reply to you is because after I post this I'm going to close this thread.

At 23 I haven't had a friend in 10 years, I don't talk much with my family, I can only function in my job because I get to be alone 95% of the time. So yeah, my life isn't currently a huge sob story and if it has to be that to get your sympathy, then I don't want it.
>>
>>29416707

schizoid here i don't know your feels

ask not for a gf, but for a defunct prefrontal cortex, so that you cannot feel that feel
>>
>>29419122
You should hear how presumptuous I get when I play CSGO and some actual normies are trying to get me to talk. I go full social anxiety mode with stuttering and the like and I feel like a consistent failure even when I bring up the facts and shut them down. Non-sequitors at every fucking turn and it's brilliant.
>>
>>29416746
>decide to take MMPI
>results suggest "severe pathology" involving depression, narcissism and possible schizophrenia
ALL ABOARD THE FUN TRAIN, ALL THE WAY TO CRAZYTOWN
>>
File: 1463894597059.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1463894597059.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>>29416707
>meet girl
>things go well
>she looks interested
>get closer and closer
>suddenly get tired and scared
>cut all contact

why do I keep cucking myself?
>>
Me probably
From ages 11 - 16 I never left my house unless I had to go school. Only reason I go out now is to buy weed and cigs.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.