[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you date a vegan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
Would you date a vegan?
>>
Yes, but only if they aren't up their own ass about it and try to convert me.

Good luck finding someone like that, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 620x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 620x1100
Mushrooms are the meat in vegan nutrition.

Vegans don't eat cheese or eggs or popcorn shrimp.

It's good to do vegan fasts but a permanent vegan is like

Is like
>>
wtf? yes?

you're a 10/10 but i can't date you cause your dietary choices aren't the same as mine!

kill yourself op
>>
>>29416211
>cute face
>pic ruined by exposed breasts

WHY
>>
>>29416230

Just crop out the bottom part. Or photoshop a tank top on her.
>>
>>29416180
Would she date the guy who eats only meat sometimes in weekends? It could be really nice we could not only exchange bodily fluids but also dietary stuff
>>
>>29416211

lmao she has her boobs out while making a face what a character
>>
>would I date someone with superior morals and a disciplined nature

Gee I don't know
>>
>>29416180
no. can't stand these self-righteous piece of shit.
>>
>>29416300
>superior morals and a disciplined nature

Dude, vege here, don't cuck your diet that hard. After a while the only thing a vege diet is is just a habit, nothing else. It doesn't require any "discipline". You're not "tempted" every time you smell meat (which, bullshit aside, does still smell pretty good in some cases) because you just don't eat that stuff and you haven't for years and doing it would feel as alien as putting on a dress (if that's not your thing, that is).
>>
>was born into a vegan family
>never eaten meat
>never had alcohol
>never killed an animal

Yes I would most definitely date a vegan. But its difficult to find vegan girls as pure as me. Most are just doing it as a gimmick to feel superior.

Get on my level bitches. (I'm actually miserable and my growth was stunted plus I got heart disease and arthritis at just 22 because if my parents forcing their shitty diet on me and I can't make myself eat meat at this point.)
>>
Lol. Eat your shrooms, veganites.

Vegan fasting is good to do temporarily but don't exclude delicious meats from your life.

Bad meats are cancer.
>>
File: cruelty-free-brands.png (46 KB, 416x827) Image search: [Google]
cruelty-free-brands.png
46 KB, 416x827
The vegan lifestyle is not just refusing to eat animal food, it's also refusing all other animal-based products. No leather clothes, no leather car seats, no pianos with keys made from ivory, no makeup tested by animals, etc.
>>
>>29416398
I really need to take more shrooms. They are good for your immune system and will lesser the chance of cancer (while several types of meats will increase it).

Quorn is nice but unfortantly there's only one type of them available at the local supermarket and that's the one in pieces.
>>
>>29416482

I just bought these big portabello shroom caps from my market. I'm about to cook something delicious - shroom and veggie stir fry but I'm going to make ricotta cheese ravioli too to go with it.
>>
>>29416347
Being a vegetarian is different from being vegan, completely.
I'm constantly reading labels of foods, I've learned a long list of obscure long-name ingredients that contain some sort of animal cruelty.
Eating at restaurants is annoying because I hate having to be a cunt and ask if something is vegan. I also tip astronomically well because I feel guilty for running the waiter around over it.
When it comes to makeup I have to research each individual product online to figure out what will/won't be vegan.
Learning how to cook without dairy is difficult, I have a shelf full of cook books. Literally all you have to do for your restriction is ask for meat to be removed. That's it. It takes no effort.
Veganism isn't even just a diet, it's an ethical connection that you have that encompasses your entire life and every stupid purchase you make.

Irl I try to make a point of never mentioning my veganism unless somebody asks me about it first (somebody seeing me eating weird food is usually what does it). But even then, you're still a preachy vegan no matter what.
>>
>>29417107
Zzz *Yawn* PLEASE tell me more
>>
>>29417107
I never liked restaurants. But now that I have my own food ethics (eating healthy) I loathe them. A lot, if not all, restaurant food is made for aesthetics and taste.

How is it hard to cook without diary? I'm assuming you like sauce or someting. I don't go with milk because of its environmental impact and because it ain't healthy (bad for your digestive system). But I just go with a type of vegetables, legumes and some kind of meat substitute or rarely actual meat. I may add spices and herbs but no sauce.

The only thing I would've liked to be able to make that does contain milk are pancakes and the like. But I have also removed most grain from my diet (notable exception is oats).
>>
File: Wimpys_1.jpg (481 KB, 1600x1555) Image search: [Google]
Wimpys_1.jpg
481 KB, 1600x1555
>>29416180
i'm about to eat a garbage plate for dinner today, so that might not work out
>>
>>29417977
Eeek grosss, is that even food?
>>
File: 604765150.png (306 KB, 680x364) Image search: [Google]
604765150.png
306 KB, 680x364
>>29416180

Wouldn't ever date anybody, but if I were to, it would've to be for a vegan because they're the most objectively ethical people on earth, usually.

Surely there are some exceptions, like marxists or feminists for example.
>>
>>29417977
it's so horrilble how almost all medical expenditure is for chronic conditions and almost all of those chronic conditions are caused by lifestyle choices
>>
>>29418127
I think it is worse, a healthy lifestyle is not obtainable for all and if you look at the supermarket most food is "trash"
There's all talk about redpill but I doubt much wanna redpill on nutrition and health

I know people don't like to be preached about lifestyle, but in the end it is both better for yourself and society when you have healthy lifestyle

Also, there's a lot of misinformation and stupid opinions going around what it means to be healthy
>>
Seeing that most vegans are vegans for muh morality reasons and won't shut the fuck up and not for health reasons no. If you prefer to not eat animal products for health reasons or merely taste preference and don't mind others' preferences that's fine.
>>
>>29418245
trump eats fastfood burgers and meatloaf like everyday it is reported and sleeps 4 hours a day. it's the luck of the draw. my grandma is mid 80's and smokes and drinks vodka to this day. will I not make it because I love garbage plates? perhaps not, but with all the reports of cancer and early deaths (see steve jobs) I'll do whatever feels right.

and besides I was a regular vegetarian for 7 years. It just sucks
>>
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201211/youre-vegetarian-have-you-lost-your-mind

I don't know if I could get over how annoying they would be
>>
>>29418449
>it's the luck of the draw.

what are you trying to say with this? when you wanna put some money away do you lay it on lotto tickets or put it in a savings account? the luck of the draw isn't enough.

AND JESUS FUCK CHRIST I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR GODDAMN BODY BEING A VEGETARIAN IS NEITHER NECESSARY OR SUFFICIENT FOR EATING WELL

YOU'RE JUST GONNA RACK UP HEALTH CARE COSTS FOR EVERYONE AND THROW TRAGEDY ON YOUR LOVED ONES IF YOU EVER HAD ANY AND ALL BECAUSE YOU'RE AN IGNORANT FAGGOT YOUR LIFE IS A CRUEL JOKE

>i'll do whatever feels right

YOU AND YOUR FUCKING FEELINGS ARE A DISGRACE. HEY HERE'S AN IDEA HOW BOUT YOU NOT BE A FUCKING DEGENERATE AND DO WHAT ACTUALLY IS RIGHT
>>
>>29418449
Yea genetics play a huge role, agreed. And that goes both ways, some people with a healthy lifestyle might have shit genetics and will die too soon.

But it isn't really an argument.

My dad died of bowel cancer in his mid forties. Rather not play the game of dice.

Anyway, to each his own.
>>
>>29416180
Depends why she's vegan senpai.

I feel some do it for the wrong reasons. But the only ones who truly annoy me are the ones who do it for animal rights yet ignore the plight of their fellow man. Then they pull the childish meme of "b-b-but I like animals more than people." I've literally seen some vegans ignore homeless people on the street. Literal hypocrites.
>>
>>29419840
So I eat mostly vegetarian, but yeah vegans and vegetarians and so on are a bit elitist, no? There's people with other problems. That's why I think better quality food should be easier obtainable as unhealthy fast food.

When you are poor as shit or something else you have other things on your mind. Also some of those animal rights people, not all, are literal misanthropes
>>
Totally but it probably wouldn't last long cause I wouldn't give my shit up
>>
>>29416180
fuck no, vegas also shit like 5 times a day

they are weird people especially since there is no evidence that veganism is superior

really just about attention
>>
>>29420058
its more ethical and im vegan and shit no more than once a day

if you have any kind of morality, veganism is a logical extension of that, something that makes omnis uncomfortable, i know, i was one
>>
>>29419976

>but yeah vegans and vegetarians and so on are a bit elitist, no?

Oh man I couldn't disagree harder. I'm vegetarian, probably soon to be a vegan, and in my experience it's always the meat-eaters that get super defensive and up in your face at the mention of your diet. They'll start going on about shit like:

>BUT BACON
>haha oh man, I could never give up meat, even now I could totally go for some chicken nuggets haha :p
>uhmmmmm I just finished a delicious burger right now don't you wish you had one ;)
>BUT WHERE DO YOU GET PROTEIN FROM (this one is the most annoying)

It's like, dude, chill, I'm not gonna fucking snatch your burger from your hand.

Anyway I don't think everybody that eats meat is a bad person, and I don't think that eating meat is a bad act, but I do think that knowingly and willingly contributing to the system we abide by with which to slaughter our lifestock is nothing short of completely fucking evil and I want nothing to do with it.

I think everybody that eats meat should watch a video like link related at least once otherwise you're just a hypocrite. Video related is CO2 stunning and it is today considered the most 'humane' way to slaughter an animal. It was originally touted as causing the animals subjects to it as "entering into a fast and painless sleep", but actually all it does is cause the animals to feel like they're drowning in air whilst the CO2 has an subversive effect on their central nervous system, causing them to feel like they're burning from the inside. It's suffering at it's base level and it's completely unnecessary.

Anyway, I double-dog-dare you guys to watch this video from 3:27 to the end. If you're going to eat the product of such cruel and barbaric methods, you deserve to know how the animals suffered in order to feed you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwxcKqXNRsM
>>
File: Vegan-Food-Pyramid-New.jpg (310 KB, 879x592) Image search: [Google]
Vegan-Food-Pyramid-New.jpg
310 KB, 879x592
>>29416180
Yes but only if she would date a carnivore.

I don't even eat that much meat im practically vegetarian/vegan more days of the week than not but I wouldn't want to meet her dumb standards and be judged on that so if only if she was okay with eating meat. Ironically if she was vegan I would probably end up going full vegan myself out of respect and it would be something that would motivate me to be vegan because it could be something we both do together. If i'm single I dont care if I eat meat if that makes sense.
>>
>vegan
>no tendies
Every vegan I've meant is a cunt.
>>
>>29416230
This, cover the lower half of the pic with my hand and its just her goofy fact and the picture is infinitely times better.
>>
>>29416180
I'll deliver a vegan girl a serving or two of my own seed and nuts.
>>
>>29416211
>stupid ass face

>small tits

no thanks.
>>
>>29420486
She's really cute but yeah the small tits arent bad but I think she's just really super skinny if you look at the rest of her body. Super skinny girls can look dumb sometimes unless they have big boobs to make their body seem more even out.
>>
>>29420241

>when everybody pussed out and din't watch the vid

Kek shouda seen it coming. Hypocrites, everybody.
>>
>>29420241
Well, yeah I know those types that indeed get really defensive and see eating meat sort of as a "human right". I was meant to write about those in my reply you responded to but forgot.

I also eat less meat because of the environment. Cattle require a lot of water and energy input. If not the most.

Curious: would you be okay with eating insects from a ethically standpoint? Scientists have been advocating this as a meat replacement for energy and environmental reasons. I can see how people are icky about it but I am wondering about it from a ethical perspective.
>>
File: 6Hi05S2.jpg (128 KB, 732x738) Image search: [Google]
6Hi05S2.jpg
128 KB, 732x738
Make all the excuses you want, rice, beans, veggies and grains are cheap as shit compared to animal products. Even if you don't care about the moral side of veganism, a (proper) plant based diet is way more sustainable and way healthier than the standard western diet. Heart disease is one of the most common killers in first world countries and it's caused by clogged ass arteries from all the cholesterol in animal products. Animal agriculture is a huge waste of resources and a big source of pollution.
>>
>>29416180
No, I love cooking and if I the girl or guy I'm with doesnt wanna eat my food because of something stupid like that then I'd be offended

same with vegetarians
>>
>>29420357
We have tendies too, and they're pretty gud
>>
>>29416180
What do you OP or anybdoy in this thread think of eating meat 2-3 times a week and the rest vegan/vegetarian
>>
>>29420674
shes has light left in her eyes. i like my women busty and dead inside.
>>
>>29420743

Yeah probably. I mean I suppose if the insects were kept in humane conditions, which is a pretty difficult feat to fuck up considering their bugs.
I wouldn't have a problem with the world eating meat, so long as the animals were raised and slaughtered in a humane manner. People like to argue that eating meat is the natural order of the world, but what we do to animals as humans is so far beyond the natural order we really do deserve to be nuked.

Good on you for contributing less to the system. Some people might think it doesn't mean much but it's all a matter of supply and demand, and you've probably significantly reduced the need for supply by cutting down.

>>29420787

Fuck me I love me some veggie meat subs. I had vegetarian chicken with sweet potato fries today and it was SO. GOOD.

>>29420828

Obviously as a vegetarian I think that cutting out meat altogether is always going to be better, but I always applaud and respect anybody that takes any kind of step to reduce their demand as it does effect the supply and reduces suffering overall. I didn't go veg until I was 23 so I know how hard it can be.

I think something not many people realise is that when you give up meat, after a while it genuinely comes to repulse you. Like my flatmate was cooking bacon the other day and I walked into the kitchen and genuinely had to run out because the smell almost made me vomit. It smelled like death incarnate to me, and I used to LOVE bacon, had it every morning with my eggs, toast and sausages.
>>
>>29416180
If he/she wasn't an obnoxious asshole and let me eat what I want, sure.
>>
>>29416180
I have, I also had non-vegan girls date me when I was vegan.

It's a bit of a headache 2bh but if you like each other enough and/or the sex is mind-blowing then it's worth it.
>>
>>29416180
I would and I want to be converted but I don't know reason.
>>
File: leaf eaters.jpg (47 KB, 635x478) Image search: [Google]
leaf eaters.jpg
47 KB, 635x478
>would you date an insufferable prick?

No
>>
>>29420963

Why is it that you're so defensive and aggressive about people that genuinely have compassion for animals? I never understood people like you. I think you get defensive because you feel subconsciously guilty about your complicity in how horrible the entire meat industry is so instead of confronting it you just get angry and blame the people that reminded you of it in the first place.
>>
>>29420828
I don't like to give my opinion. I think you should do what you think is good. I just want to tell my reasons for doing it so people have a perspective on it.

Another perspective: white meat (poultry) is better as red meat for your health and the environment.
>>
>>29416180
Only if she acknowledges that eating rope-farmed salt-water mussels and oysters is ethically acceptable. They don't have a brain, they have less movement ability than plants, they are farmed without environmental harm or bycatch, they contain all the nutrients lacking in a pure vegan diet, they taste delicious. Any vegan who won't eat them is not doing it for ethical reasons, they're a crazy religious cultist.

But note that this does not apply to all bivalves, eg. scallops have eyes, and clams can dig.
>>
File: skuchennost.jpg (127 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
skuchennost.jpg
127 KB, 800x508
>>29420988

Maybe but the process to acquire the meat en-masse at a low cost isn't much better.
>>
>>29420743
It's funny how almost all people are like "omg gross! Insects!" and yet water-monsters and ocean-spiders aka lobsters and crabs and scallops and all sorts of seafood are eaten as a delicacy or eaten by the platefuls at buffets.

As an ex-vegan I wouldn't eat insects either if I was still vegan. Sentient beings are still sentient beings.

but I'm not vegan anymore and now I eat horse meat so yeah I'd eat grasshoppers or whatever.
>>
>>29420893
>but I always applaud and respect anybody that takes any kind of step to reduce their demand as it does effect the supply

Okay but what if I do it not because I care if animals live or die but because for my own personal health.

I have killed and butchered animals, fish, chickens, duck, a goat, a pig. I still want to kill a wild deer and and eat its fresh organs cooked over an open fire and butcher and freeze the rest of the meat and make deer jerky out if it too.

What do you think of that?

I do think the animals that are industrial slaughtered should have way better living conditions than now and that kind of animal abuse should be illegal, but I have no problem with them being butchered.

Pic related is just a joke
>>
>>29420769
If you enjoyed cooking in a non-meme manner then you'd enjoy the challenge of making tasty vegetarian or vegan dishes and working with their ingredients.

Meat is literally easy mode and you literally can't fuck up with a quality cut.
>>
>>29418024
Says the faggot as he munches MacDonald's food.
>>
>>29421030
>>29421062
This is why I support free-range chicken farming.
>>
>>29421062
That's a far preferable death compared to what wild animals get, and wild animals vastly outnumber farmed animals.
>>
>>29421070

>I have killed and butchered animals, fish, chickens, duck, a goat, a pig. I still want to kill a wild deer and and eat its fresh organs cooked over an open fire and butcher and freeze the rest of the meat and make deer jerky out if it too

Did the animals live a nice, natural, cruelty-free lifestyle prior to slaughter and did you kill them with minimal suffering? I have zero problems with it if so. I don't hate meat, I hate the meat industry.
>>
File: rapeculture.png (80 KB, 480x491) Image search: [Google]
rapeculture.png
80 KB, 480x491
>>29420987
>Why is it that you're so defensive and aggressive about people that genuinely have compassion for animals

Special snowflakes are annoying.
>>
>>29421116
Yeah they did live a cruelty free lifestyle and were killed humanely
>>
>>29421099

Sadly the thing with free-range is that most of it has become completely corrupted. For most 'farms' the only difference between free-range and battery operation is that the free-range hens get 1 hour of the day out in a yard, where they're still just as cramped, and inside the sheds they're not kept in cages, but again are still just as cramped. You can't escape it and it fucking sucks balls.

Video related is an expose that was done on 'Happy Egg' free-range eggs. Everybody believed that all the hens were living out on farms on the grass and in the free air, when really the conditions were pretty much the same as a battery farm. I'm pissed as fuck because I bought these eggs for years myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozym6POFfOU

>>29421139

Way to dodge the question. Answer it fagit.

>>29421200

Gooooooooooood.
>>
>>29421097
You got it all wrong. I dispise McDonald's, they are partly responsible for a generation of obesity.
>>
>>29416180
Probably not, leaning on definitely not.
Being vegan has been consistently debunked for its supposed healthier (than omnivorous) claims and I can't cope with dating with someone who can't flat out admit to it (and remain vegan anyway).
Also, plants and land animals are equally alive, but fish are kinda brain dead and the most patrician choice as a "no cruelty" diet.

All in all, being vegan is more of a dumb meme than anything else. I might date a vegetarian (btw), but never a fucking vegan.
>>
File: 545px-Miesmuscheln-2.jpg (115 KB, 545x1023) Image search: [Google]
545px-Miesmuscheln-2.jpg
115 KB, 545x1023
>>29421336
>fish are kinda brain dead
People are biased against fish because they don't look cute. Fish are much smarter than popular belief, and unlike land animals they are killed by slow and painful suffocation. Fish are the least ethical animals to eat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_intelligence

Eat salt-water mussels, they are technically animals, but ethically they are effectively plants that happen to be made of meat.
>>
>>29421336
>Also, plants and land animals are equally alive

basic biology says no so I hope you're memeing
>>
>>29416300
Mind explaining, in objective terms, how your morals are superior?
>>
>tfw no vegan gf :'(
Nice surprise to find so much support for vegansim on this board.
>>
>>29421521
It makes perfect sense that this board is full of vegans. Everyone here is beta as fuck.
>>
>>29421557
more like used to being social outcasts
>>
>>29421218
You already answered my question for me.
>>
>>29416180
No. they are annoying as fuck
>>
>>29416180
Being a vegan is not a dealbreaker for me. It might get annoying if she was sanctimonious about it though. Also, I really enjoy cooking and it might get annoying to not be able to cook those meals.

Also, aren't those lentils in the bottom left corner in the grains and starchy vegetables section?
>>
File: booksie.jpg (9 KB, 123x160) Image search: [Google]
booksie.jpg
9 KB, 123x160
>>29421460
Not the one you are replying to. I've read a scientific book on plant intelligence. Plants are underrated. They actually have some kind of sentience (depending on your definition).
Not saying they are the same as animals though. See pic.
>>
Yes. It would simplify the fuck out of things for me since I'm a vegan myself.

Not a preachy one, though. Fuck that. A cunt is a cunt even when I agree with her.
>>
>>29417863
>food ethics
pure autism
>>
File: trophic_levels.jpg (359 KB, 940x640) Image search: [Google]
trophic_levels.jpg
359 KB, 940x640
>>29421726
"Plant sentience" would be an argument in favour of vegansim, since eat plant-based food directly would necessitate fewer crops to be grown than raising than eating animals that were fed plants.
>>
>>29416180
>Would you date a vegan?
Nope, never
>>
File: 4HgSpk3.jpg (230 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
4HgSpk3.jpg
230 KB, 598x792
>>29421960
Is that all you have to say? If you want to call me names at least be accurate: I have bipolar disorder.
>>
>>29422305
if want an actual argument, having food morals makes literally no difference. you're cucking yourself purely because of your own autism.
>>
>>29421973
I absolutely agree. This is also one of the reasons I don't support drinking milk.
>>
>>29422326

Funny, because the way I and most other vegetarians/vegans see it is that you're a person with no compassion, so devoid of discipline that he's willing to allow living, feeling beings be tortured en masse endlessly to satisfy your gluttony and greed.

That's all it comes down to. You're gluttonous who doesn't care what he does to satisfy his urges, and we're disciplined and actually recognise that there's more to life than filling our stomachs. You're a mindless drone basically and you're playing right into the system that was designed to cuck you, ironically.

We don't gain anything by choosing to abstain from either meat or animal products, only spiritually, morally, but what do you actually gain from it? Well, not a whole lot. Actually, you only lose, financially, consciously, morally, spiritually, physically and mentally. So idk, enjoy being a cucked drone I guess and keep filling those meat-industry pockets.
>>
File: 12593209.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
12593209.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>>29420787
those are delicious, also the vegan mandarin chicken morsels

>>mfw there are actually vegans on r9k
>>
File: 1461607116265.jpg (388 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
1461607116265.jpg
388 KB, 1803x1351
>>29422752

Hello, fellow non-brainwashed, compassionate, disciplined human!
>>
and never hear the end of her vegan signalling?
>>
>>29422820

Oh boo hoo the woman you're supposed to be engaged with romantically on an intimate level has a strong sense of compassion and injustice towards the incomparably barbaric way we treat animals as a product as opposed to live, thinking, feeling beings. How sad for you :(
>>
File: 19792657.jpg (22 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
19792657.jpg
22 KB, 403x403
>>29422820
greetings, my fellow veganfag

I almost posted the same pic in my first post, are you me?
>>
>>29422891

>thinking

That's a stretch

The only thing I'm opposed to is farming standards. If big factory farms like Tyson got shut down and replaced with local/humane farms, that'd be great. And because I'll never not eat meat, I try to only eat what I know has been raised in a reasonable manner
>>
>>29422942

Whoa I'm totes spooped right now.

>>29422943

Bitch nigger are you fucking kidding me right now. You think animals aren't capable of thought? WHAT.

>I try to only eat what I know has been raised in a reasonable manner

And you'll forever contribute to the cycle like the well behaved, well trained little drone you are. 'Trying' is just another word for something you're to lazy to follow through on. You either try or you do.
>>
>>29422579
>he's willing to allow living, feeling beings be tortured en masse endlessly to satisfy your gluttony and greed.
That's just how nature works. An animal has to die, if we want to eat meat. Also, you're not really helping them much either considering you're not actually doing anything to stop these inhumane practices from happening except boycotting. your actions dont save those poor animal lives in the slightest.

>You're a mindless drone basically and you're playing right into the system that was designed to cuck you
What system? Supply and demand???

>but what do you actually gain from it?
i get a delicious meal. that's something...
>Actually, you only lose financially,
nope. meat is cheap as shit.
>consciously,
nope. stop projecting.
>morally,
nope. believe or not, everyone doesn't have the same morals as you.
>spiritually,
>>>/x/
>physically
are you kidding? meat is an excellent source of protein and iron. not to mention anybody who wants to keep gains HAS to eat meat.
>and mentally.
actually, i only felt like shit when i tried going vegetarian. i cant even imagine how i'd feel being vegan.

>So idk, enjoy being a cucked drone I guess and keep filling those meat-industry pockets.
thanks i will :D
>>
>>29423114

Holy shit do not even fucking go there with that bullshit argument.
Yes within nature things have to die so that others may live, but you are not a majestic lion prowling the savannah for your next kill before you tirelessly hunt it down and claim your kill for sustenance. You are a fat, greedy, gluttonous little pig who waddles his ass to McDonalds, makes his pick off of a murder list and receives his order of combined, reconstituted, tortured animal parts which he then proceeds to stuff into his mouth hole, none of which you put one iota of effort into obtaining. And then you walk away into your concrete jungle and you say to yourself "I earned that! It's all part of the natural order! xD".

I sware on me fucking mam m8 you "it's natural" faggots make me so mad.

>i get a delicious meal. that's something...
Noice, you satisfied your unnecessary gluttony for the next, what, 30 mins? Then it's on to the next meal. And you eat and you eat and another live chicken is thrown into a grinder and it's all good because you got your "delicious meal".

>nope. meat is cheap as shit
Nice to see that you accept their suffering as "cheap" in your mind then. At least you're aware that you're a piece of shit.

> meat is an excellent source of protein and iron

Per calorie, broccoli has more protein than beef, which about 4.5 grams per 30 calories. Next fallacy pls.

>not to mention anybody who wants to keep gains HAS to eat meat
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND IS VEGETARIAN AND SHE'S A COMP. LEVEL BODYBUILDER WITH 204K FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM, CARNISTS ARE THIS RETARDED
>>
>>29423266
>but you are not a majestic lion prowling the savannah for your next kill
okay. what's your point?
>You are a fat, greedy, gluttonous little pig who waddles his ass to McDonalds, makes his pick off of a murder list and receives his order of combined, reconstituted, tortured animal parts which he then proceeds to stuff into his mouth hole, none of which you put one iota of effort into obtaining. And then you walk away into your concrete jungle and you say to yourself "I earned that! It's all part of the natural order! xD".
you're making A LOT of assumptions there.

>Noice, you satisfied your unnecessary gluttony for the next, what, 30 mins?
4-6ish hours actually :>
sometimes more!
>And you eat and you eat and another live chicken is thrown into a grinder and it's all good because you got your "delicious meal".
well that's how the body works. you gotta have food, like a car has to have gas. what's your point?

>Nice to see that you accept their suffering as "cheap" in your mind then.
well "financially", their suffering is cheap. so yeah...
>At least you're aware that you're a piece of shit.
actually i'm not; even now.

>Per calorie, broccoli has more protein than beef, which about 4.5 grams per 30 calories. Next fallacy pls.
regardless of that being true or not, meat is still an excellent source of protein and iron. so yeah...also that's not a fallacy.

>MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND IS VEGETARIAN AND SHE'S A COMP. LEVEL BODYBUILDER WITH 204K FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM
>VEGETARIAN
where is she getting her protein from? also, link?
>>
>>29421101
>That's a far preferable death

but not even a real life
>>
File: 170416.jpg (578 KB, 2700x1378) Image search: [Google]
170416.jpg
578 KB, 2700x1378
If they tolerated my love of greek yogurt and jello, sure.

I don't even care much about meat, I do like it, sure but it is easy enough to do without. Yogurt is such a great food though. Cottage cheese too. Hmm.

I really wish I new someone else that kept up with yogurt news.
>>
>>29423627

My point is you don't get to say it's natural when it's not. The only thing that is natural is that a thing died and you ate it, but the entire process of it barring you eating it, you've contributed absolutely nothing to it, nothing but the needless suffering of another being so that you can fill your gluttonous stomach. You actually think anything within the meat industry is natural? The worst bit is that you don't even think about it. You don't even think about it at all. Animals are just an object to you that you can torture whenever you're hungry.

And I am not linking my fucking girlfriend on /r9k/ are you kidding.

>where is she getting her protein from?

Really dude. If you actually believe that protein can only be derived from meats you're not beyond saving because you're ignorant, it's because you're actually stupid.

FYI tempah has more protein per gram than any meat. Even Spirulina, fucking algae, has 4 grams of protein per TEASPOON.

"b-but where does she get her protein!"

Jesus christ....
>>
File: 1441129483559.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1441129483559.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>It's a hate people for their heath and ethical choices by being vegan episode
>>
>>29423627
The irony of saying broccoli has more protein but not understanding your body isnt able to utilize a lot of it because it is in forms that is unable to be broken down to a useable form for humans. It also takes vastly more energy and wear on your teeth among other things to do anything with it.

My favorite way to fuck with vegans is to ask how they could survive if society falls, they are stranded somewhere, or the fact being a vegan is unnatural because it requires the entire world to produce for you a meal that isnt even that good for you biologically.
>>
>>29416199
This. I eat mostly veggies (due to /fit/ lifestyle), but I like chicken breast and lean beef as my protein source. Don't hate the gainz.
>>
If it means I stop eating meat at home, then fuck no. Food is one of my joys in life and while I don't mind accommodating my veg friends when we go out, I would not want a significant other to cut out half the fucking variety in my diet.
>>
>>29424049

I don't hate people who eat meat. I hate the meat industry.

>>29424090

That's super sad bruh'. You're making me sad.
>>
>>29423836
>The only thing that is natural is that a thing died and you ate it
that was my point
>but the entire process of it barring you eating it, you've contributed absolutely nothing to it, nothing but the needless suffering of another being so that you can fill your gluttonous stomach. You actually think anything within the meat industry is natural? The worst bit is that you don't even think about it. You don't even think about it at all. Animals are just an object to you that you can torture whenever you're hungry.
they're in such bad conditions to keep up with demand. blame people for breeding. regardless, im not going to stop eating meat because of that, because it won't change anything if i do.

>If you actually believe that protein can only be derived from meats you're not beyond saving because you're ignorant, it's because you're actually stupid.
well good thing i never actually said that :D

>FYI tempah has more protein per gram than any meat. Even Spirulina, fucking algae, has 4 grams of protein per TEASPOON.
admittedly, i can neither confirm or deny that being true. however, if that was the case then why would bodybuilders, who'd do anything for their gains, not be chowing down on tempa and spirulina? there must be something special about meat that makes bodybuilders swear by it. lol i guess >>29424056 answered my question.
>>
>>29416180
Everyone should date a female thats a vegan

>they will be slim their entire lives
the only con might be they wont cook you meat
>>
>>29424160
>>they will be slim their entire lives
I met many fat vegans. They are subjected to CICO.
>>
>>29424127
>You're making me sad
Why? Are you a gainz hater?
>>
File: 1464360680085.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464360680085.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>29424198
>CICO

whats that
>>
>>29421062
That's incredibly fucked. Why is the meat industry so cruel about these sorts of things, why can't they die in a less gruesome fashion, or just live on a farm or something.
>>
>>29424160
Why are all 3 vegans I know obese?
>>
>>29424242
>Cruel
>Literally instant painless death
Are you literally fucking mentally retarded?
>>
>>29424248
>bb.bnnbbut my veggies are healthy!
Because they are idiots about basic nutrition.
>>
>>29424248
probably fat people that lie about being vegan or decided to become vegan after becoming fat
>>
>>29424155

>blame people for breeding. regardless

No, Im going to blame you, the consume for whom the breeding occurs.

>im not going to stop eating meat because of that, because it won't change anything if i do.

Actually for every one person that goes a year without meat consumption you spare on average 202 animal deaths. It's called supply and demand. Remove the demand, the supply plummets. You're not too bright are you

>admittedly, i can neither confirm or deny that being true

Yes, you can, you have a computer and an internet connection you lazy piece of shit.

>however, if that was the case then why would bodybuilders, who'd do anything for their gains, not be chowing down on tempa and spirulina?

More laziness. There are thousands of vegetarian and vegan bodybuilders, including my gf, remember? Lazy gluttonous and greedy.

>>29424222

No, I actually lift too, /fit/ is my main board, I just do it on a vegetarian diet. idk why you guys think it's completely impossible to gain and maintain without eating meat.
I don't say this in an insulting way, but anybody that is unable to build muscle without eating meat, well, it's so ridiculously easy to get protein outside of animal-based sources you'd have to be a special kind of idiot to fail at it.

>>29424242

Because their suffering means absolutely nothing when it comes to saving even a single dollar, because that big CEO just gotta have that triple-conservatory installed.
>>
>>29424229
Calories in calories out
>fatties are not original
>>
File: Macerator3.gif (912 KB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
Macerator3.gif
912 KB, 352x264
>>29424261

Actually not all of them are that fast, some of them are more like this, slower and a lot less calculated, and the chicks will absolutely feel it.
>>
>>29424229
"Calories in Calories out"
It dispels the bullshit of weight loss gurus and simplifies everything to the very simple formula of:
(Calories you shove in your face) - (Calories you burn from exercise and simply existing) = (Net calories)
If your net calories are positive, you gained weight, if your net calories are negative, you lose weight.
>>
>>29424287
>idk why you guys think it's completely impossible to gain and maintain without eating meat.
I didn't say it was impossible. If you mix veggies then you can get complete proteins if you don't feel like eating soy or any type f beans. I just prefer it and i don't want to kill my gainz. I'd be eating less if I ate any more due to my bowel adhesions making me sick from overeating.
>>
As long as she can accept me as I am and doesn't expect me to change my lifestyle in any way.
>>
>>29424319
it's not that simple, if you reduce the calorie input your body might just slow down its metabolism instead. So you'll still be fat but all hungry tired and depressed.
>>
File: dasdsad.jpg (1 MB, 1728x2592) Image search: [Google]
dasdsad.jpg
1 MB, 1728x2592
>>29424390

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee meat is murder meat is murder roo roo

Also rate my progress bruh'. My chest isn't as big as I'd like to be so I'm still working on that.
gf made me pose this way pls no bully.
>>
>>29424287
>No, Im going to blame you, the consume for whom the breeding occurs.
what?

>Actually for every one person that goes a year without meat consumption you spare on average 202 animal deaths.
Based on what? Me alone not eating meat will do very little harm to overall profits of the farmer. not to mention some kid will soon take my place anyways.

>Yes, you can, you have a computer and an internet connection you lazy piece of shit.
:>

>More laziness
you expect me to believe people who are constantly busting their ass in the gym, and eating based off a relatively strict diet is lazy? because i dont. >>29424056's point makes more.

>There are thousands of vegetarian and vegan bodybuilders
good for them
>>
File: Die..png (345 KB, 477x343) Image search: [Google]
Die..png
345 KB, 477x343
>>29424505
>Gf
>Fit
Get the fuck out normie
>>
>>29424647

People like you. The breeding occurs because of people like you. You want the meat, they breed the animals and kill them for the meat. The suppliers are not at fault here it's the people demanding the supply.

>me alone not eating meat will do very little harm to overall profits of the farmer

Yes, you alone, but it does do SOME harm, and as of 2014 there are an estimated 375 million vegetarians worldwide. You think that number doesn't make a dent? Do you honestly believe that? Is that what you're telling me, what you're telling yourself?
>>
>>29424310
At the end of the day, who cares? I'm human and they're not :^)).
>>
>>29416180
I would date anyone provided she's not overweight, has a 6/10 face and isn't narcissistic. Even if she's a quadruple amputee I wouldn't have an issue with it as long as she meets these three requirements.
>>
>>29424726

Speciesism is just as retarded as you are.
If all ants vanished from the world tomorrow the entire ecosystem would collapse and we would all die. If all humans vanished from the world tomorrow the earth would flourish. You are less important than an ant.
>>
Veganfags, why do you refuse to eat/drink dairy?
>>
>>29424782
Yeah but ants aren't top of the food chain.
Also
>Speciesism
Are you fucking gay?
>>
>>29424782
>Speciesism is just as retarded as you are
>proceeds to engage in speciesism
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 306x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 306x227
>>29424812
Fucking vegans man
>>
File: piglet-castration-5535-.jpg (24 KB, 337x275) Image search: [Google]
piglet-castration-5535-.jpg
24 KB, 337x275
>>29424809

>he doesn't understand speciesism as concept

Are you fucking stupid lol, actually, probably yes, in which case here you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciesism

And obviously not seeing as mentioned my gf multiple times throughout this thread. Tell me about your gf Anon.

>>29424812

Humans have proved time and time again over a millennia how barbaric and cruel and despicable and greedy we are as a race. We will chop baby chicks beaks, live and without anaesthetic, just so they won't peck at each other when they are stuffed into battery farms so you can get your chicken burger. We rip the testicles from baby pigs, live and without anaesthetic, for the exact same reasons. We are predisposed at a genetic level towards evil and there is no helping us. We are beyond redemption at this point.
>>
>>29424714
>Yes, you alone, but it does do SOME harm
very little tho. and like i said, some kid will take my place anyways.

>as of 2014 there are an estimated 375 million vegetarians worldwide. You think that number doesn't make a dent?
im sure it does. but animals are still being slaughtered inhumanely despite their diet.
>>
>>29424953

You're not getting it.
Are as many animals being slaughtered because of these 375 million vegetarians worldwide? You think that the animals spared because of this means nothing?
>>
>>29424943
>Oh no animals get hurt to make food!
How does it feel knowing that you being vegan doesn't change any of this?
>>
>>29425059

I'm not vegan and the 375 million vegetarians worldwide absolutely does make a dent. Enjoy being brainwashed for capitalistic profit faggot :^)
>>
>>29425059
It's not so much eating meat, but the horrible methods of factory farming.
>>
>>29424982
>You think that the animals spared because of this means nothing?
yes i do, because the "animals spared" are literally nonexistent. they aren't born into the world because there is no demand for them. in other words, vegetarian efforts haven't really spared any animals at all, because the animal doesn't existent to be spared in the first place.
>>
>>29416180
Not if he expected me to be a vegan too.
>>
>>29425072
>I'm brainwashed because I'm top of the food chain
yeah mate you're fucking delusional
>>
>>29425100

Then tell me Anon; why is it that women who are known to be carrying a foetus with developmental disorders, they are provided the option of abortion.
Tell me why it is we do this.
Go on, I dare you :^)
>>
>>29425107

lol but you are.
Go eat some more chicken anus and keep telling yourself how strong and powerful and smart you are whilst you're complicit in the destruction of every species around us and the very same planet we live on, dumbass.
>>
>>29416180
anyone here have any experience with sociopathic vegans?
>>
>>29425168
But we'll never destroy them because we over-breed them, and then again even if we do who cares? Just hippy faggots like yourself who starve themselves of anything delicious so you can be a special snowflake.
>>
>>29425144
because it's legal where they live? chances are if you're allowed to abort a fetus with developmental disorders, you can abort a healthy fetus. i dont see the significance of pointing out that the fetus has developmental disorders.
>>
File: IMG_20160620_203233.jpg (429 KB, 1200x1169) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_203233.jpg
429 KB, 1200x1169
>>29418024
>>29418127
>>29418642
you niggas thought I was joking huh?
here is my dinner I promised to get
welcome to rochester ny
>>
>>29425245

No I didn't ask HOW they were allowed to abort, I asked WHY a person might choose to abort a foetus with developmental disorders. WHY do we do everything in our power to prevent a foetus from developing developmental disorders? Tell me.
>>
>>29425286
i dont know, because i have never been in that situation and dont want kids in general. could be that the parent doesn't want to deal with the burden of raising the kid. what point are you trying to point?
>>
>>29425215

No I don't eat meat because I care. I look at videos of slaughterhouses and I see what is done to the animals and I acknowledge that they feel terror and that they feel pain and I imagine it happening to me and the people I love. I imagine having my nose cut off and my teeth ripped out without anaestheic, having my testicles cut open with a scalpel and my balls ripped out, again without anaesthetic. I imagine being branded with a red-hot iron, I imagine spending my entire life in a dark cage surrounding by the stench of my own shit and the burning of my own ammonia as clouds of it are inhaled into my lungs, and the screams of the animals around me that are being similarly tortured and I say "I can't contribute to this. This is wrong".

If you can't recognise that or understand it, I'm not a snowflake, you're just an edgelord who despises animals and likes to hurt them. You're no different from those faggots that stamp on kittens heads for some edgy viral video of the Chinese that skin raccoon dogs alive for their fur. You just want to eat their flesh and you don't give a shit what happens to them in order for you to get it.
>>
>>29425352

We. do. it. because. we. recognise. that. their. life. would. be. suffering.
They. are. not. born. to. spare. them. the. suffering.

You're either stupid beyond words or you're underageb&. You don't understand logic or implication so I'm not even going to bother any more. Enjoy your life of gluttony and being fat.
>>
File: thwarty_jaguar.png (526 KB, 470x808) Image search: [Google]
thwarty_jaguar.png
526 KB, 470x808
>she cant swallow your load
dealbreaker tbf(to be frank)

also
>pays quadruple for vegan versions of normal food
>pretends veganism is healthier, more natural, tastier or anything other than an ethical choice
>spouts emotionally charged nutrition advice 24/7
no thanks
>>
>>29425393

>he thinks mushrooms costs more than a steak
>>
>>29425356
I'm not the one doing it though am I, I'm a consumer. Man has eaten animal since day one and I'm not eating leaves just to appease the animals. It's all a pointless cause because even you must know that every human on the planet will never be veggie so whats the point?
>>
>>29425381
>They. are. not. born. to. spare. them. the. suffering.
however, the animals that are born still have to deal with the inhumane practices. nothing has changed.
>>
>>29425410

If everything was pointless then why don't go outside right now, grab a woman and rape her, stab a child to death and then blow up a building?

Is it because, like, idk, like, maybe, you, like, care?
>>
File: 48585898.jpg (17 KB, 501x314) Image search: [Google]
48585898.jpg
17 KB, 501x314
>>29422998
I'm more spooked by this thread.
I leave only to return to find a gang of angry meatcu/ck/s getting btfo every which way, well done fellow veganfaggot(s).
>>
>>29425412
Not him but tell me what's worse; 1,000,000 tortured animals or 1000 tortured animals?
>>
>>29425438
I wouldn't do that because I'd ruin my own life which I care about.
>>
>>29425407
>he thinks mushrooms are a steak substitute
mushrooms are a side for my steak buddyboy
i was talking about vegan tendies
>>
>>29425459
1M obviously, but they're both bad. how does this defeat my point?
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>29425451

I only try to do my best.

Seriously though, I appreciate beyond words that there are other people out there with the same ideologies. It gets so exhausting trying to make the blind see, like butting your head against a brick wall of stupid. But hey, I ate meat for 23 years of my life, so maybe there's still hope for a few of them.

>>29425491

Okay w/e but you need to stop spewing this garbage about how vegetables and pulses and grains are more expensive than steak when they're objectively not. Where the hell did this meme sprout from?
>>
>>29425526

You just admitted that more animals suffering is worse than less animals suffering therefore the millions of vegetarians worldwide do matter and do make a difference.
You defeated your own point boy-O. Bye.
>>
>>29416199
I wholeheartedly agree with this post.
>>
>>29425534
>vegetables and pulses and grains are more expensive than steak
youre putting words in my mouth, stap it
i specifically said 'vegan versions of normal food'
things like vegan bacon, vegan pastry, vegan peanut butter
>>
no. all vegans should die.
>>
>>29425550
they only make a difference figuratively. in reality, they haven't done anything for the animals they are alive and suffering.
>>
>>29425410
>>thinking you've no responsibility because you're a consumer

simply by purchasing a product, you're condoning its production and whatever that production involves, even if you don't know everything a out the process, that's what research is for

if you don't feel badly at all about the methods by which you and the majority of the world are fed, then there's no debate to be had and you're living according to your own ethics and needn't engage with vegans about the philosophy of it unless that appeals to you for some reason
>>
>>29425393
>she cant swallow your load
this is actually a pretty valid point against veganism
>>
>>29425692

It appeals to him because on a subconscious level he knows it's wrong. He's only getting angry and defensive because he's too painful for him to accept that he's wrong.

>>29425717

Vegans don't want to consume any product that is resulted of cruelty or enslavement of a species. How is sucking dick any of those things. You carnists and your reaching fallacies I swear.
>>
>>29425692
about* you braindead vegancunt
>>
>>29425687
that are alive* whoops
>>
>>29425751
>Vegans don't want to consume any product that is resulted of cruelty or enslavement of a species
actually they dont eat animal products, regardless of the fact that no-animal suffered. sperm is an animal product.
>>
File: 1453711278037.jpg (57 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1453711278037.jpg
57 KB, 600x476
>>29425756
goddamn, nigger
you mad
>>
>>29425751
>Vegans don't want to consume any product that is resulted of cruelty or enslavement of a species

you consume products that are resultant of cruelty or enslavement of a species while still being in the parameters of a vegan consumer

also
you can avoid products that are resultant of cruelty or enslavement of a species without being vegan

so you see it is only logical for me to reject your definition of veganism
>>
>>29416300
>would I date someone with a superiority complex and cucked self righteous attitude
fixed4u
>>
>>29417863
I make pancakes with water, no eggs, and no butter just because I'm poor, they're actually breddy good
>>
I did, it was inconvenient
>>
File: 1438214372304.jpg (473 KB, 763x1100) Image search: [Google]
1438214372304.jpg
473 KB, 763x1100
>>29421070
All joking aside, factory farming is cancer
Hunter masterrace
>>
im a butcher
if a vegan wanted to date me, she is probably masochistic and has a knack for cognitive dissonance.

>tfw no vegan slave gf
>ywn feed your carrot to a rabbit eared fuckpet
>>
>>29421443
fish also dont have a complex enough nervous system to feel pain
>>
>>29416180
Vegan here dating a non-vegan.

I dont push anybody to become vegan. It's like trying to get a sedentary person to go to the gym everyday. People just don't change.
I have converted some people after they ask me why I became vegan, because the reasons went well with their philosophy, that's all.

My bf complains sometimes that we always have to do research before going to a restaurant to make sure they have vegan food, but that's all.
>>
>>29426467

Nigger if you have nerves full stop then you are capable of feeling pain.
>>
>>29426494
you need more than nerves to feel pain
you also need the neuro-physiological capacity to process the information that the nerves transmit.
fish dont have this
>>
>>29426482

Hello vegan female, do you have any advice for a vegetarian female that is trying to make the switch to veganism but finding difficulties in acquiring that big "push"? Giving up meat was so easy compared to this. I want to make the switch so bad, but whilst I never particularly enjoyed meat, all the foods I enjoy are largely comprised of milk and very occasionally eggs. I'm a total foodie and I don't even know where to start in weening myself off.

I don't actually drink milk whole, not even in cereal, and I don't really consume eggs whole, they're always ingredients in other things that I enjoy :(
>>
>>29426579
there are tons of tasty milk products that dont come from animals
cocoanut cream, almond milk, macadmia butter, cashey cheese

as for eggs...
this is where the arguments in favour of strict veganism begin to break down imho

id recommend sourcing you eggs from people , but eggs are just not vegan.

if a person who has pet freerange laying hens went vegan, literally no suffering would have been prevented as a direct result of them not eating eggs.
>>
>>29426758
>id recommend sourcing your eggs from people *who have pet chickens*
>>
If she doesn't push it on me and replace the meat with pure sugar like most of them do, I'd consider it.
>>
>>29416180
No, because vegans are fucking idiots.
>>
>>29427261

What's wrong with having compassion for other beings and not wanting to torture them.
>>
>>29427403
Everything. I hope every cow, chicken, cat, and frog dies.
>>
>>29420787
I had those and they are actually exactly like a conventional tendy. They're really good. Some fake meat sucks though, but that brand is great.
>>
>>29427403
the fact that you think all nonvegan products are torture and compassion is exclusive to one cult
>>
>>29427403
Why even bother asking?
It's as useless as trying to get feminists, black lives matter advocates and muslims/muslim apologists to realize they're illogical idiots.
>>
>>29427498

Almost all animal products are in some way or another cruel to an extent with the exception of pet hens.
We treat animal, living, thinking, feeling beings, as objects and commodities to do with as we please on this planet. If animals ever teamed up and formed an organised religion, humans would be their devil.
>>
>>29426579
Hi, anon. Im the anon that you replied to.

What is essential when switching your diet is to do research on the food that you will be eating.
When I first started, I spent about 3months researching the nutritional values of food. That is because your body needs an X amount of protein/fat/carbs. You need to understand how your new food will satisfy you.
Do you ever feel like you eat a lot of something, but you are still hungry? That's because your body is lacking a macronutrient.
For example, fruit has mostly carbs (ex. Fiber and sugar) but lacks fat. You need to be able to know that you also need to have other fat and protein resources.
The key to veganism is a varied diet.
For example, you can eat nuts, fruit, and beans to have a complete meal, but you should not just eat beans because you'll still need fat and sugar to keep yourself healthy.
Once you understand this, veganism is very easy. Keep your body satisfied and you won't have cravings for anything else.
>>
>>29427555
You're paraphrasing a Gary Yourofsky quote, aren't you?
>>
>>29427605

It's a quote from 19th century vegetarian priest William Ralph Inge.

He was red-pilled before the red-pill even existed.
>>
>>29427675
and Pythagoras before him
>>
>>29427403
because youre a pathetic beta bitch and one of the reasons western society will fall
>>
>>29427596
So, the bottom line is to research food so you know exactly what you need.

A lot of people dread becoming vegan because of the restrictions and they are mostly right [sorry :(] but they dont realize that a lot of food that they eat is accidentally vegan

Some examples of vegan foods that are largely consumed in the US:
>pasta (I'm talking here abt dried, packaged pasta because pasta cooked fresh might contain eggs. There are also tons of vegan sauces out there. The original tomato sauce recipes are vegan)
>peanut butter
>french fries (some fast food chains fry their fries in animal fat so make sure to check out with them first. Also, I am talking abt regular fries and not seasoned fries here)
>Oreos lol
>chips (nothing with cheese in it)
>ice cream (soy and coconut based icecream, if you are in the US, Traders joe and Ralphs carry vegan ice creams. Just today, actually, I made some Black Forest vegan ice cream with my $30 ice cream machine)
Also, dairy is so easy to substitute with soymilk (to use in moderation) or almondmilk (healthiest and my persobal favorite)

I also made vegan cheese myself. It took a few days to make but got to add some in a vegan pizza I recently made.

Also, you WILL feel very bloated and weak during the first 2-4weeks of your journey because your body is detoxing all the crap you have been putting in your body. Right after that phase, though, you will feel great and start shedding pounds FAST. I lost 10lbs in a week just by eating healthy.

Jeez, sorry for the really long post. There's just so much information here. I dont wanna derail this thread anymore so, if you want, you can give me your email and I would love to give you some info to get you started. If not, I wish you the best of luck, :)
>>
>>29427844

And you're a vile, greedy, gluttonous, fat, wasteful, selfish beast and the reason as to why modern society is so reprehensibly beyond any form of redemption. You are evil at your core and care little for anything else but your own personal advancement and gain.I would honestly love to see people like you tied to a chair and have your eyes pushed into your skull and your tongue cut from your mouth.
>>
>>29427555
>If animals ever teamed up and formed an organised religion, humans would be their devil.
and dogs would be loyal satanists, heh thats a cool image.
>>
>>29427920
>I would honestly love to see people like you tied to a chair and have your eyes pushed into your skull and your tongue cut from your mouth.

You're not a psychopath at all.
>>
>>29427910
>>29427596

No, no, no I REALLY appreciate this so much, thank you for taking the time to type it all out.
I was actually just watching videos on Youtube of calfs being separated from their mothers lest they 'suck up all the milk that was made for us', and after hearing their screams I think it's permanently put me off of milk for good.
I always had a habit of purchasing cheap coffee from places, especially mochas. Tomorrow I'm going to go out and buy almond milk or soy and make them myself from now on as my first step.
I can't stop crying over it though. It never ends. Thank you for this though, really. The fact that there are people like you out there helps a lot.
>>
>>29427961

Everything that you do in your quest for flesh is psychopathic, and the most psychopathic thing about it is that you've never even really tried to look at what it is that happens to these creatures in order to satiate your gluttony.
>>
>>29428004
death by depredation is one of the few noble deaths in nature
and its pretty easy to see what happens to these creatures when youre the one doing it
>>
>>29425687
haha holy shit how is this guy still going
>>
File: pigs2.jpg (82 KB, 468x269) Image search: [Google]
pigs2.jpg
82 KB, 468x269
>>29428046

What happens to them in order to feed you is not noble. These animals are not killed by noble means, not at all.

You call this noble?

I don't have a problem with people that eat meat but recognise what the industry is, but you, the deniers, you're the worst of all and deserve to be slaughtered.
>>
>>29427981
Not him, but good to hear your going to try non-dairy milks. Because since going vegan I've found I really like coconut-milk or soy-milk icecream a lot. Too bad people don't usually give them a try because they are just as good tasting and cruelty free.
>>
>>29428128

It's something I've been meaning to do for a long time but I knew I needed that final push, which I just got from the sound of those cow's screams.

I think I am going to try and make some banana nice-cream tomorrow too which is supposed to be really great. If you haven't made it before you should try it too.
>>
>>29428128
Also, to anyone who wants to get some protein and omega threes and stuff, try hemp seeds. I bought them once just to try it out, and now I use them all the time.

They are soft small seeds you can sprinkle on anything or blend in smoothies. I love adding them for texture in the ketchup if I'm having fries. Or sprinkling them on avacado and lime.
>>
>>29428076
>what is photoshop?
you can see by that snout on the left
>>
>>29428182
I haven't made banana icecream yet. But I should freeze some to make some soon, because it would be a cheaper alternative and healthier too.
>>
>>29427981
Aw, you reply made my day, thanks :)

As a side note (lol more information), some coffee shops carry soymilk or other nondairy milk. For example, Starbucks, carries soymilk and coconut milk. If Starbucks is out of your budget's reach, you can always go there and just order a few pumps of their mocha sauce. The mocha sauce is vegan and they can pump some of their sauce in a small cup for only 60 cents (US dollars). I work at Starbucks and there is a lady that always just literally orders 4 small cups with just mocha sauce in it and we only charge her 60cents per cup. Then she adds her own milk at home.

And yes, I feel very very strongly about animals raised for production too. What happens in factories is outright disgusting.
>>
File: Laughter.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
Laughter.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
>Life has value
>Suffering is objectively wrong
>Food ethics
>>
>>29416376
/out/dooors man here. I really feel for you anon.

try consuming small amounts of fish, not that processed shit either, get it from the source or very fresh.
and work your way up to more richer stuff.

I wish I could show you to be honest, catching your own meal is very satisfying on a basic and primal level
>>
I'm sorry no

I'm going to eat selfmade chicken rolls filled with goat cheese and spinach wrapped in bacon
17g carbs
173g protein
95g fats
>>
File: laughing-people.jpg (159 KB, 991x557) Image search: [Google]
laughing-people.jpg
159 KB, 991x557
>>29429742
>He eats a low carb diet
>>
>>29428403
and on top of all that
>plant feelings don't matter because i said so.
>>
File: tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o8_1280.jpg (99 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o8_1280.jpg
99 KB, 900x1200
yes i would because i dont give a single fuck and it would help me get more vegetables myself

im 75% vegan because its healthier

and when i do eat protein its usually salmon thats healthy as fuck
>>
>>29425275
what is that? looks yummies
>>
>>29428076
Who honestly cares what a pig thinks
or a chicken, or a cow, or an orangutan

No edge, food costs money, I like having money, if every animal has to be kept in a cage and force fed slop so I can have cheap tasty food, then that's called life.

Also, these animals are not cute, it's not like we're eating dogs or kittens
>>
>>29416347
>it's just a habit, nothing else
>It doesn't require any "discipline"
Discipline is habit; doing something regularly whether you want to or not and without any need for motivation.

You are disciplined, and I respect that.
>>
If i could find one yeah
>>
File: urchin.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
urchin.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
>>29421443
I was gonna say the same thing about sea urchins too

> animals
> literally no central nevrous system
> Delicious as fuck
> easy to find.
> an ecological pest.

Everyone wins!
>>
>>29416180
BEEF~WHAT A RELIEF! WHEN WILL THIS BEEF EVER REBEEF!?
>>
>>29420241
animals die painfully in nature to, it's the food chain baby a mans gotta eat
>>
>>29416180
Yeah, but I wouldn't become one myself.
>>
>>29421059
Why did you stop being vegan?
>>
>>29430596
plant feelings don't matter because THEY DON'T HAVE FEELINGS THEY'RE NOT FUCKING SENTIENT REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29416376
didn't you parents eduquate themslves properly on how to remain healthy on a vegan diet? or take you to the the doctor at any point?
>>
>>29425196
paint me intrigued

story tiem
>>
>>29433377
>healthy on a vegan diet
oxymoronic imho
>>
>>29416211
But don't mushrooms grow from dead animal remains? Or if not then some other form of decomposing animal matter? wouldn't that make it non-vegan?
>>
>>29433544
Are you retarded mate?
>>
>>29416180
No, not because they've vegan necessarily, but the disparity in lifestyles would cause more problems than it should I think.

What I want to know is why Vegans become vegan anyway. All this talk of "morals" and "discipline" is bullshit, it's just a "holier-than-thou" trip to make them feel better about themselves as a person. It's pretty obnoxious.
>>
File: 1463535510446.jpg (177 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463535510446.jpg
177 KB, 500x500
>>29433828
>implicazioni

it's hardly as black and white as all that

it's presumptuous as fuck to assume that any and all vegans do it solely because of some desire to hold it over other people that they're better than them

you make yourself seem paranoid and insecure by bring so defensive

if you or anybody else couldn't care less about the factual effects of your way of life and all it entails, then simply ignore veganfags altogether

even I'm not dumb enough to believe everybody who rejects veganism is just subconsciously guilty or vaguely aware of their murder by proxy and lashing out defensively to justify their ignorance

if someone is truly content with the sources of their food and its production, then they're not immoral by their own standards

surely some people don't care at all and even take glee in the misery of animals, others are not quite so edgy as that and obviously are somewhat bothered by it because they know it's morally inconsistent with their own truest beliefs but make any retarded excuse (even pretending to be one of the aforementioned edgy ones) to save face

and so it goes, round and round until people act true to themselves, whatever that may be, or not, everybody lives in denial to some degree or another
>>
File: 18006256.jpg (107 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
18006256.jpg
107 KB, 613x533
>>29434273
>by bring so
>we /ricenigger/ now
>>
>>29434273
I'll discuss your argument.

>it's presumptuous as fuck to assume that any and all vegans do it solely because of some desire to hold it over other people that they're better than them

Fair enough. However, it's undeniable that in recent years there has been an increase in veganism and eating fads (http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Markets/Vegan-is-going-mainstream-trend-data-suggests). Along with social media a lot (NOT all, as I previously implied) of "vegans" simply do it for the gratification they may receive or feel like they're becoming a better person when it's simply attention seeking. To say all vegans whore for attention was ignorant of me, yes, but to state the opposite is just as false.

>you make yourself seem paranoid and insecure by bring so defensive

I'm not paranoid in any sense. I have vegan cousins and while they have a "vegan" diet they still own leather chairs and a lot of animal-made products. As the saying goes, they "talk the talk" but do not "walk the walk". I'm curious as to the reason why a lot of people become vegan. The majority would say that it's because of "the poor animals" but I don't think that bothers some of them as much as they put across.

>if you or anybody else couldn't care less... then simply ignore veganfags altogether

Why should I? You imply I'm ignorant as "it's hardly as black and white as all that" and yet you tell me to ignore them? How else would I educate myself? I pose a question, and my opinion, and you answer by telling me to ignore them, and calling me ignorant. That's a very flawed stance.

>if someone is truly content with the sources of their food and its production, then they're not immoral by their own standards

I suppose I agree with you on this.

>and so it goes...until people act true to themselves...everybody lives in denial to some degree or another

You are correct again. I suppose I should be more understanding of others' choices. Thank you, I have gained a new perspective today.
>>
File: 62149045.jpg (38 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
62149045.jpg
38 KB, 512x384
>>29434615
well that was a surprisingly civil reply

you did one up me on that bit about ignoring them altogether though

what I really meant was that if you've no interest in veganism or embracing it then you should outright avoid it as a topic of discussion

but that was silly in retrospect and I suggested it because food ethics/(deep)ecology/animal agriculture/food production/factory farming/etc. are such touchy issues for most people that I just habitually tell people who aren't necessarily interested in becoming vegan themselves to avoid the subject like they would poison

anonymously that is

I'm one of those cryptoveganfaggots who nobody knows is one unless/until they inquire and even then I'll usually stealthily evade outing myself because again it's such a goddamned hassle to deal with people about this period, never mind it's potential real life ramifications

vegans vary greatly in their motivation, specific diet and the extent to which they're willing to go through with it, many do it for one or any combination of reasons

some are utilitarians/pragmatists and do so for personal health reasons because they wish to avert illness/disease or have been diagnosed with one and/or do so for environmental preservation because they feel the habitability of the planet is in their own interest to conserve

some are empaths/pacifists and do so because they wish to follow those ideals' philosophical progressions to their logical conclusions, within the ethical motives there are a plethora of different variations of 'why's some from the most specific personal epiphanies to vaguer or more generally defined theorems of moral and immoral

as for the degree to which some are willing to take it, some restrict it to diet only, some extend it to every aspect of life including clothing, cosmetics, medication, furniture and anything else they consume economically
>>
>>29420745
I work out though. I don't have clogged arteries.
>>
Being a vegan is just about the gayest thing you can do.
I never would have grown as tall as I am if it weren't for eating a lot of meat(and vegetables/calcium)
It's literally the diet for cucks
>>
File: 1463091530621.jpg (85 KB, 417x597) Image search: [Google]
1463091530621.jpg
85 KB, 417x597
>>29434615
about your cousins' less than rigorous adherence to veganism

like I said, there's not some overseeing dictatorial presence enforcing proper veganism, it's very definition can vary between people

ethicaly I'd say it has a universal definition:

the philosophy of attempting to reduce the sum of suffering in the world by way of abstinence from the consumption of foods/beverages and other goods which are produced wholly or partly of animal products/byproducts

so as you see it even admits that it's only an attempt at limiting suffering, it's quite impossible to be 100% vegan as some things even the most diligent do will inevitably cause harm somewhere, someway

which brings me back to my point, your cousins either knowingly or unknowingly don't extend their veganism beyond diet, as you know animals are used in a wide variety of consumer goods from the most obvious to the most absurd and unexpected

I believe the first definition is the ultimate one, but there is the dietary definition which necessarily omits any restrictions beyond the diet, it's as follows:

the diet of abstaining from consuming foods/beverages which are produced wholly or partly of animal products/byproducts, this means no meat or anything of any sky/land/sea animals, no eggs not milk of any nonhuman animals

basically, if it's deliberately produced with any trace of anything that came from a creature with a central nervous system, it's not vegan, an exception can be made when eating a product that says it is made on the same equipment as nonvegan products as it itself isn't meant to contain nonvegan ingredients but may possibly contain a negligible trace of some
>>
No for the simple reason that fine dining cannot be achieved with a vegan diet and if we can't go to nice restaurants and enjoy one of the most central and important parts of the human experience together then what's the point. My plate of food last night cost $45 and it was at a restaurant with zero vegan options.

It would be like dating someone with a disability, except they're choosing to have that disability.
>>
File: 1463599183491.jpg (43 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1463599183491.jpg
43 KB, 300x400
>>29436200
>eggs nor milk*
lmao breh vegans are fuckin retarded can't even write right cuz they got no protein their braindead zombies
lolololololololol do u even lift bruh
u jelly of my gainz huh faggit
>>
>>29420241
I don't care about animals or their suffering. I don't care that we alter their very being to make them grow fatter and faster.

Animals are below us, a tool to be exploited, and you know it. You can spam your tumblr tier video all you want and some people might feel bad. However, for most people, the convenience and joy of eating meat will prevail over the option limiting vegan diet.

There is literally no logical reason to go vegan; It's not healthier and it's less convenient.
>>
>>29424943
>We are predisposed at a genetic level towards evil and there is no helping us. We are beyond redemption at this point.

>but I'm not brainwashed

lol.
>>
File: 1444176577019.jpg (29 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
1444176577019.jpg
29 KB, 329x500
>>29416180
no, vegans are a bunch of stuck up carrotcucks.
they actually believe in some sort of foodkarma meme and overvalue animal consciousness to the point of anti-humanism. They are a cult of emotionally driven pseudo-nutritionists that literally think they can thwart the environmental impacts of agriculture by simple abstinence alone.
that's like saying robots can bring down slut culture simply by remaining virgins.

plant products contribute to deforestation and the extinction of endemic fauna far more than animal products ever could. Whether raising your own cattle or growing your own fruit and veg: self sustainability is, and always has been the most ethical choice of diets/lifestyles.
Vegans are moral high-horse riding attention whores and deserve to be ridicued.
>>
>>29430696
garbage plate. you can only get them in rochester ny
>>
File: 617877741.jpg (31 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
617877741.jpg
31 KB, 512x384
>>29436330
kekkk
stfu, pinecone
go write some more contrived literary foodporn for your fans to wank off to
>>
File: 1445651298880.png (359 KB, 740x714) Image search: [Google]
1445651298880.png
359 KB, 740x714
>>29436387
>It's not healthier and it's less convenient
this tbf(to be frank)
>>
File: 1466186719696.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466186719696.jpg
137 KB, 1000x1000
as long as she ok with:
1 weapons
2 logging
3 hunting
4 snow
but they are still fucked it the head.
>>
>>29436387
>maximum the edge, m8
>you sound like my neighbour, mohammed ahmed ali
>he always rants about how infidels are below muslims
>tools to be exploited and they know it
>that the infidels can spam their western philosophy all they want and some muslims might reconsider
>but for most muslims the political expedience and joy of slaughtering infidels will prevail over the option limiting civilized westerners' values
>that there's literally no logical reason to be an infidel
>that it's not safer and it's less inconvenient
>then he says "allahuackbar".
>>
>>29416180
Vegans are cocky idiots who put their health at risk, while both denying human superiority, and evolution. Besides, they are fucking insufferable about how superior they are to everyone else while at the same time being objectively inferior.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.