[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here /smart but lazy/ here? >tfw could be successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1465949952218.jpg (143 KB, 792x511) Image search: [Google]
1465949952218.jpg
143 KB, 792x511
Who else here /smart but lazy/ here?

>tfw could be successful if I just tried a little but I just don't want to

It's a bad feel bros
>>
>>29415879
I'm not lazy at all, I work hard at everything I do. I'm also frighteningly smart. I simply detest the convention of day jobs and the stuscture of labor so much that I've spent my life avoiding it.

I had a paper route when I was 14. I moved on to better paying part-time jobs like delivering pizza until the 2008 crash when I was laid off from my copywriting position and was unemployed for 2 years. I didn't want another soul-crushing job, so I waited and stayed on unemployment until it ran out while I looked for a job I wouldn't hate. one never came. I went back to school when i had no govbux left and got an even better job afterward, but it was everything I ever hated about jobs -- unpaid overtime and whatnot. Now I drive for uber and I work on average less than 30 hours a week.

I wouldn't call all of that "lazy," I'd call it "political resistance." I could make it far in the corporate shit-eating world if I wanted, but who the fuck would want to? All you get out of it is phone calls at 9pm on Friday about spreadsheets that need updating. I won't live like that.
>>
You're not smart OP, your "laziness" is just an excuse for you not meeting your expectations. You discovered you weren't as smart as your grade school teacher told you so you tell yourself that you're just lazy instead of facing the truth- you're only average or slightly above average, but you want to believe you're a special snowflake.

Don't be sad though, we've all been there. You'll grow out of it eventually.
>>
I wouldn't describe myself with any adjective other than angsty at this point
>>
File: 1461186692037.jpg (44 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1461186692037.jpg
44 KB, 700x525
>certified 139 IQ
>started studying Physics with 15
>never put in effort in anything
>fails spectacularly in uni due to no effort exerted
>fall into depression
>drop out and move in back home

At least I'm still younger than when my brother finished HS...
>>
Smart but lazy is a member you faggot
>>
File: 1465410480813.jpg (78 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1465410480813.jpg
78 KB, 460x628
high IQ under achiever.

the depression is the worst part.
>>
>>29416925
Goldmember
origano
>>
I'm fairly smart. I used to have a hard time believing that, but by now I can finally handle saying it without feeling like an enormous cunt.

My life is pretty much one long, drawn out, tragic farce. I'm NEET and doing nothing, living at home after a series of psychiatric hospitalizations/detox's.

And all I want is to get high more. I just don't want to feel anything other than pleasure.

I should get a job. I should be applying for colleges. Right now I'd rather swallow a bullet than do either.
>>
do not do anything because do not wanna let anyone down if i start making something of myself then slip up.
>>
File: technointerestsme.png (2 MB, 1059x1050) Image search: [Google]
technointerestsme.png
2 MB, 1059x1050
Odds are I'm of below average intelligence, considering how my life has turned out.

The laziness is the interesting part, I am extremely lazy (maybe avoidant is the better word) when it comes to some things but quite motivated when it comes to others. I can do physical labor or exercise or sports and give it my all, or read a difficult book for hours without much trouble. I also volunteer and don't have a problem picking up extra shifts or helping beyond what is asked of me.

When it comes to filling out a simple form that's important for school, sending an email asking a question and other things of that nature I'm hopeless though.

I guess I just have difficulty getting started but once everything is in place I do alright.
>>
>>29415879
Ya know I've been there. They started thinking I was 'gifted'. I suddenly thought so myself and started seeking out "what makes a person gifted". That akward moment you want to be smart so badly.

Anyhow, after I took an online IQ test it was only around 120 anyway. So I did the right thing, the classic fox and the drapes: "Nah, don't want to be smart anyway. I rather be witty."

But I remember that stuff what "supposedly" makes you 'gifted'. So know I act stereotypically gifted and tutors or whatever you call that shit in college give me books to read.

Also I am thinking college is much better as university because college is easy and lets me allow to read loads of (popular) scientific books in my spare time (but not enough).

Don't fall for the special snowflake meme. If ya wanna act smart cheat the system to your use.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.