[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else /manuallabor/ here? I got a summer job working for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (576 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
576 KB, 1280x960
Anyone else /manuallabor/ here? I got a summer job working for my local parks department and it's been great.

>fresh air and exercise every day
>belly and love handles rapidly melting away
>drinking less, spending way less time on 4chan
>socializing and having well earned beers with the guys after work
>>
I'm too weak and sedentary for that
>>
>>29415209
So was I but I can feel myself getting stronger. The fresh air and exercise has really helped with my depression too.
>>
>>29415175
Im happy for you, anon
I should start working here anytime now.
as soon as they call me..
>>
File: 1466376721080.jpg (7 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
1466376721080.jpg
7 KB, 227x222
>>29415175
Good for you, OP. Hope you get some nice tendies today.
>>
>>29415250
>>29415278
Thanks anons. I used to be a retail slave and this is downright revelatory. I have no idea how people can sit in soul crushing cubicles all day.
>>
>>29415221
Yeah that would be fine if any movement outside of a sitting, standing, reclining, or laying position didn't hurt me.
>>
I can't do manual labor because I'm paranoid that Mexicans talking to each other in Spanish are talking shit about me, and then I start to get fucking livid, and that makes me fuck up my job because I'm too mad to think straight.
>>
>exercising
>drinking less
>socializing
>all of this every day

sounds awful desu
>>
Manual labor sounds like a good way for robots to apply their retard strength
>>
>>29415175
A couple of years ago I was doing work Mexicans wouldn't even do. Our crew would drive all over Texas looking for nurseries that had a bunch of plant buckets. We would find them, make a deal for cash, then load them on a trailer.
It sucked. I got stung by scorpions twice. I fell off the trailer and landed on my head once. I had heat stroke twice.
Now my shoulder and elbow are screwed up from all the repetitive movement. Another guy that still does it had an MRI done and his shoulders are fucked.
>>
>>29415412
This parks job isn't too bad. It's mostly driving around with another guy or two and doing whatever needs done. It's usually mowing and weed trimming. I've also help install some benches and playground equipment. Stuff like that. There's usually hot milfs around too.
>>
>>29415175
I cant work with other people
>>
File: 1433897167977.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1433897167977.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>29415401
It is funny because it is true
>>
You nerds would not last 1 day doing manual labor, at least here in hot ass florida during the summer. There is a reason why you only see mexicans and extremely poor desperate whites working it. Landscaping is harsh, construction/roofing is even harsher but pays a lot more. This is man work, not internet bitch boy work. The guys that do this type of work are complete savages. Most are drink and smoke weed on the job just to get through.
>>
>>29416009
I don't live in Florida because I'm not retarded, but I do quit being a NEET and do some manual labor when I want extra spending cash.
Not that hard, desu.
>>
>>29416048

yeah you probably live somewhere where its not hot
>>
>>29416060
OP here. I'm a PA fag so it's not sweltering like Florida but it's close to 80 almost every day. No idea how roofers do it. That sounds like hell.
>>
>>29415175
Right here.

I work in a really cold plant packaging and pallatizing wieners for my job. Pays above minimum wage even though it's just a summer job for me.

Many people quit because they cannot handle how cold it is in the plant.

I've noticed that I've been rapidly burning fat at this job too. Especially when the boxes are coming down fast.

I feel like the sheer cold helped me burn the fat a lot.
>>
>>29415175
I want a manual job. I prefer it to office cuckery.
>>
>>29415175
Yeah. I do it on a casual basis. It's the only work I can find.

Often I get sent to commercial removals.
It's actually pretty good cause it has to be work that most people can do and anything too heavy to lift gets put on wheels.

Social awarkedness isn't too much of a problemt because if I don't catch what people say I can just pretend to be slow.
>>
>>29416113
80 is like end of winter temps for Florida. Try 95-100 every day with 90% humidity.
>>
Had plenty of labor jobs(moving company, landscape, digging trenches) growing up. Better to do it while you're young, but you better have a back up plan or a way out, before you kill your body. My knees are dust at this point, and my back isn't great. Looked and felt great while doing it but the time has caught up with me.
>>
>>29416186

Its the humidity that kills me here, the heat isn't even that bad like 90 - 95f. The mornings are brutal because the humidity is so fucking high.

>>29416187

Same here, my back is completely fucked and my knees are on fire every day. I'm only 25 too.
>>
>>29416186
Yeah fuck that. I've been down to Orlando and Daytona a few times. Living anywhere in FL other than Key West or something seems like a hellish existence.
>>
>>29416343

Orlando and daytona are shitholes. Its not that bad down here you just gotta adapt. Honestly if I was rich I would love this place, but I'm not.
>>
>>29415347
You're self centered dude
>>
I am currently on my way to do a demo job in Orange County

I feel gains but fuck is it hard work man. I still have to drive 2 hours on the way home when I get off work.
>>
>>29416429
Yeah, something is seriously wrong with me.
Awareness of your own delusions doesn't actually stop them, it just piles on more layers of self-obsessed hatred.
>>
>>29416472
Damn don't do that man

I hate when robots get super serious when I'm just being a dick and it happens every time

As long as you're not a lazy fuck and don't do anything the wrong way chances are they're just more comfortable speaking in their native language. So don't worry too much unless you're fucking things up initially.

T. Mexican
>>
Been doing manual labor in a shipping center for three years now. It gets old quick.
>>
>>29416550
I logically know that, and even speak enough Spanish to be able to parse out what they're saying if I pay attention, it's always just general shooting the shit or talking about the actual job, but my insecurity conspires against me anyway.
>>
>>29415175
I work for a fertilizer company in florida, and do everything from boxing up orders for shipping, moving inventory, and bottling liquified fish. Half of the site is an outdoor storage yard that we call Hell, because it's in direct florida sunlight 100% of the day, and is covered in a thin slime of fish fertilizer. The place smells so goddamn awful that if you manage to catch a whiff of an open container that's sat in the sun for months, it's an instant gag reflex, so most of us wear respirators when we're moving it/packing it.

It's a shit job but it pays well because no one wants to do it.
>>
>>29416615
Yeah I'd imagine working in a warehouse like that sucks. I'd much rather be outside.
>>
>>29416678
Genuinely Sorry to hear about that man
>>
>>29415175
>be computer programmer
>sit in chair all day, promoting postural deficiencies
>pale as fuck because no sunlight
>boss keeps a/c too hot so i'm uncomfortable all day

at least i can wear a t-shirt and flipflops every day. some people have to wear pants, dress shoes, and a tie. i can't even imagine
>>
>>29416808
You could sit next to a window that gets sunlight dawg.

Just turn up the brightness on your monitor
>>
>>29416343
>>29416370
gainesvillefag here. it's not too bad, just go inside with the a/c and the heat isn't an issue. on the plus side you can literally wear shorts and flipflops 90% of the winter, and on the worst days all you need is a fucking hoodie.
i've been a floridafag my entire life and i don't intend to leave, even though my hometown and central FL got overrun by puerto ricans. yeah the non-white invasion is certainly a bad thing, and my town is 1/4 negro and they're pretty bad too. but if you have money or at least live in a place where it's mostly all whites it's not so bad; the poorer whites have had to deal with blacks and browns so much that they're generally pretty redpilled and the gun laws here are really relaxed.

and there's fucking oranges and cows all over the place so high quality beef, dairy, and oranges (the staples of a good diet) can be had for cheap

bugs are kinda shitty too but it's not like a robot is going to go outside their rooms much anyway, and the intense florida sun would provide enough vitamin d to avoid deficiency in only a few minutes outside a day
>>
>>29416895
>You could sit next to a window that gets sunlight dawg.

i can't just move my workspace. also the UV rays that produce vitamin d and/or tan your skin don't penetrate glass. also the artificial lighting on the screen hurts my eyes

it's not too bad desu, when i sit and think about it 95% of other jobs that pay equally or greater would probably be even more annoying for me
>>
I work in hazmat. Some days are a cakewalk, walking along the beach picking up trash. Other days are horrid, wearing a full face respirator and poly tyvek suit. Other times it is worse, wearing the respirator and poly tyvek, dragging an air line behind you cleaning out a 500,000 gallon gas tank, with it over 100 in the tank.
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>29415175

>tfw no manual labor job

That actually sounds really great
>>
I make around $100k a year.

I would quit my job and do unskilled manual labor for $60k, if I could.

I always wanted to be a stonemason, but it's a little late to start an apprenticeship.
>>
>>29416963
I do software dev too but I forgot that some companies don't support laptops. Anyways that sucks, you should download flux if the monitor light hurts you eyes.
>>
>>29417005
>you should download flux if the monitor light hurts you eyes.
yeah i have it, but we did not evolve as a species sitting in a chair staring at a LED screen all day. i mean shit i already stare at a screen in 90% of my free time. i'm no optometrist but i'm sure they'd tell you it's not good for your eyes. and definitely the lack of sunlight and sitting position is not good for health

all-in-all it's a comfy as fuck job though. if i had to do manual labor i'd probably be bitching about it too. the life of a wageslave is horrible, even selling drugs gets annoying sometimes and all you have to do is wait around all day
>>
>>29415653
Hell I could do that no problem. I already maintain 10 acres of almost nothing but grass in exchange for a room.
>>
>>29416009
Nigger I lived in Florida for 3 month after your last big hurricane cutting trees off houses while retards like you wandered around their backyard panicking because they didn't know what to do without the internet
>>
>drinking less

what the fuck type of manual labor job are you on?

otherwise sounds about right.
>>
>>29415296
because a shitty cubicle job will pay 2 times more than a manual labor job

don't get me wrong, I hear what you're saying about working outside and I used to work manual labor, but after earning substantially more in a cubicle I could never go back
>>
>>29415175

man, is that nycburntcrust? his persona collection video for some reason stands out for me
>>
>>29417510
Why are you in this thread dude
>>
I wouldn't mind manual labor but lord it's too hot and humid in the south
>>
>>29417542
because manual labor will always have a place in my heart, I was just responding to a question of why anyone would want to sit in a cubicle
>>
File: 1458115213681.png (73 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458115213681.png
73 KB, 200x200
>>29417565
>but lord it's too hot and humid in the south
This.
>>
>>29415175
Used to
My dad owns a construction business
Part of being part of the family business was knowing how to do everything.
>>
>fat melting away
>brews with your bros
pick one
>>
>>29417721
A couple of beers ain't gonna hurt when you're burning crazy amounts of calories all day.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.