[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good Wisdom Teeth Removal Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: dylan_dennett_2015.jpg (1 MB, 2874x1348) Image search: [Google]
dylan_dennett_2015.jpg
1 MB, 2874x1348
I'm still too scared to get it removed. Please God just fucking kill me.
I know it's just one wisdom tooth but its impacted and I'm scared!
Make me feel better pls. Anxiety is destroying me.
>>
What are you twelve it's just a fuckin tooth in your useless face
>>
>>29414229
>be 16
>have to get wisdom teeth removed
>walk in to doctors for the procedure
>he has me put a mask over my mouth
>put it on
>that's the last thing I remember
>it knocked me out almost immediately
>wake up with the procedure already over
>completely painless
>mouth was sore for the next few days, but they gave me hydrocodone which helped with the pain
>had to eat soft foods exclusively for awhile

It wasn't bad. The procedure itself was completely painless as I was knocked out the entire time. It might suck if they don't knock you out first.
>>
Tfw genetic master race minority blessed with 0/4 wisdom teeth. Feels fucking great
>>
>>29414229

you'll be fine OP
I had two removed but it didn't hurt or anything.

Take painkillers right after though if your dentist recommends it. It will heal quite fast.
>>
>>29414229
What are you afraid of, the injection?
>>
>>29414229
It's ok OP. When they pulled out mine they had to break it then suck up the little pieces. And then he could pull out the rest of the tooth.
>>
OP here. Thabks KS guys for the relies it's already helping to relieve my anxiety. I'm just deathly afraid of dentists because I don't want them to hurt me. Plus the root of my tooth is by a nerve.
I should've gotten this tooth out years ago but anxiety fucked me up.
Glad to know a lot of you have had good experiences.
It just seems so terrifying
>>
The pain of removal is NOTHING compared to the pain of abscesses you are likely to get if you leave them in. I have broken bones and nothing has ever even come close to how much dental abscesses hurt.

Its really not so bad. Yes, it really sucks right after the op biting down on gauze and bleeding a bunch, but you get to get high as fuck on pain killers and have an excuse to eat a bunch of awesome soft food (ice cream, cheesecake, jello). The pain is not at all bad if you are properly medicated.
>>
>>29414229
the operation doesn't hurts at all. I had to eat soft food and it hurt a bit when I brushed my teeth. that side of the jaw got a little bruised too. But when I got my stitches removed, it was instant relief.
>>
>>29414446
OK now you got me scared I'm going to get an abscess soon. Fuck fuck fuck. What if I have one right now.
I get random aches some days. Others nothing. But I can feel my tooth there. Do you see my bottom wisdom tooth? How bad does it look for causing abcesses
>>
had all of them removed four days ago and it was nothing like i expected, in a good way.

>could bring music so i dont have to hear the sounds
>paid extra to be sedated during the whole thing, didnt give a shit the whole 90 minutes the surgery took, actually kinda liked it
>they had a designated wellness room i could hang out at after

the real pain in the ass begins afterwards. you can not eat any solid food for a week minumum (more for me) and you have to take antibiotics which fuck my literal shit up famalam.
at least you also get painkillers which is awesome because i havent been comfier in my life. basically i had an excuse to be a high, lazy ass for the last few days.

stock up on ice cream and yoghurt beforehand.
>>
>>29414609
Those pain drugs people keep talking about do sound very nice. I'm usually an on edge person and I wanna be relaxed and happy for a week!
I didn't know they had you take antibiotics? I don't think I will be taking those. I dont want to kill my stomach bacteria.
Glad you had a good experience.
My dentist said it would be $750 usd to get 1 tooth removed with sedatives. They said they dont know if my insurance would cover it yet...
>>
>>29414651
>I didn't know they had you take antibiotics? I don't think I will be taking those
you must, stop being an ecofag. you do not want an infection in your jaw, thats 10 times more important than your intestinal bacteria which regenerate (you do not have stomach bacteria btw)

rekt, my insurance paid for everything but the sedation which was 80 bucks. gotta love germany.
>>
I did it when I was like 16/17 maybe younger.

I remember I was terrified of the idea of being put to sleep. That was by far the worst part.

The actual process and shit wasn't bad at all tho OP. It's a very routine procedure and the pain isn't that bad at all.
>>
>One wisdom tooth shows up about 5 years ago
>Others are nowhere to be found
wtf where are the other wisdom teeth, they're making me nervous.
>>
>>29414726
Do you see my pic in the OP. Mine on the left side don't exist and I'm 24. Dentist says they probably won't ever come in.
Be thankful
>>
>>29414749
Ohh nice. I thought they were impacted or something from the image
>>
>>29414767
Bottom right one is impacted. The image is mirrored btw.
The top right dentist said is fine to stay. Left side isn't even growing them... Yet. We will see. Dentist seems sure they won't ever come in though
>>
>Had braces as a kid and had perfect straight teeth
>Fell over drunk last week and chipped 3 of my teeth rendering my smile permanently goofy

Gutted is an understatement fellas
>>
File: tumblr_ns5u2bLtOz1rcfw7uo1_1280.jpg (426 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns5u2bLtOz1rcfw7uo1_1280.jpg
426 KB, 600x847
I got mine removed almost a week ago and my mouth hurts like fuck still. I didn't go under and the amount of force he had to use was crazy

I "gave away" my pain stuff and I don't like using it. But when will the pain stop
>>
File: 1446500790966.png (401 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
1446500790966.png
401 KB, 500x708
>>29414821
>I "gave away" my pain stuff and I don't like using it
baka
you brought this upon yourself.
>>
>>29414839
Last time I had surgery and I had to take a ton of it. The itching and need for it was fucking HORRIBLE compared to the pain
>>
>>29414821
Damn anon. Sounds terrible. You shouldve just used the pain killers. Curious though why don't you like using it? I've never tried them before.
If I don't like it I'll probably just give it to my brother
>>
I was put to sleep with an IV when I got mine taken out.

>be 19
>dentist does routine x-ray
>"your wisdom teeth need to be removed faggot"
>refers me to oral surgeon
>go to oral surgeon for consultation
>literally just talks for 5 mins then books the real appointment
>huge waste of time but i think they have to do it for legal reasons
>show up on the morning of the real appointment hungry because they say not to eat the night before
>nurse sits me in the chair and talks to me and gets the IV ready (also a blood pressure pump and something on my finger)
>oral surgeon comes in and switches the IV from saline solution to the stuff to make me sleep
>within ten seconds room starts getting fuzzy and i'm gone
>wake up what feels like half a minute later in a huge leather chair and can't talk because my mouth is stuffed full of cotton and i can't feel my lower lip
>spend the next week taking prescription painkillers
>>
Had all 4 of mine removed at the same time. No pain during or after. Just bled out of my mouth for a day or two and then everything went back to normal.
>>
>>29414856
What do you mean by the need for it. We're you getting addicted to the drugs?
>>
>>29414871
So you were completely put to sleep? I just wanna do the thing where they pump you with benzos so you're still conscious but don't remember a thing... Anyone tried it here?
>>
>>29414878
Yeah, I had tendon sugery on 3 of my fingers so my tendons where literally being pulled and stretched with stitches keeping them together

I stayed up 4 days straight almost due to the pain. I had to take like 1 5mg every 3 hours if I was lucky. Plus addiction is rampant in my family
>>
File: 1427080249656.jpg (20 KB, 259x253) Image search: [Google]
1427080249656.jpg
20 KB, 259x253
Last I saw my dentist, she told me I had to get my wisdoms taken out at our next appointment. It's been like three and a half years since I've seen her. Is it really that big of a deal to have them taken out? All of humanity has lived without taking them out just fine up until around a century or so ago. I've read that in other countries, they don't recommend removal except for certain circumstances. It's only in America that there's this national policy where you've gotta take them all out because otherwise you're gonna die or something.

But then, this might all just be me making up excuses to justify my own personal negligence.
>>
was a bad experience. somehow it gave me a fever of like 104 the night after and it sucked for days. I got opioids for pain and it was all ok though.
>>
>>29414911
>So you were completely put to sleep?
Yep. IV sedation puts you completely to sleep. I'm worried that I might have said something embarrassing when I was slipping in/out of consciousness (the nurse was hot) but I have no memory, so I'll never know.
>>
>>29414919
Look at my pic in the OP. A lot of people's wisdom teeth come in like mine and can become impacted, infected, and move your healthy teeth around.
You're lucky if you don't need to get them removed.
>>
I had mine removed 2 years ago.
Went fine, did it in 2 appointments, first the left ones and then the right ones some week later, didn't feel a thing even afterwards I had no problems.

They were situated the same as the ones in OP.
Worst thing was the bill because my stupid healthcare plan doesn't cover for the hospital nearest to me.
Fucking healthcare, might as well keep all that money that I send them every month and pay for the dentist out of my own wallet.
>>
>>29414956
Well, when I was Wikipedia-ing it all up, it said that many dentists in other countries believe that the majority of people don't need a wisdom extraction.
>>
>>29414313
My superior genetics have blessed me with 4 perfectly straight wisdom teeth.
>>
my dentist says I need all 4 wisdom teeth removed and it'll cost 2k. Is he scamming me? It's because they're ingrown or something
>>
>>29415002
Guess it's just America. They are probably right. I might be just one of the unlucky ones...
>>
>>29415017
>My superior genetics have blessed me with 4 perfectly straight wisdom teeth.

The reason wisdom teeth don't come in right is because our mouths aren't big enough for them anymore. If all yours fit perfectly you're essentially half neanderthal, faggot.
>>
If you don't get knocked out like a fucking pussy, the injection is the worst part. The more nervous you are the longer it will take start working and you might need more injections. You and the doctor need to be completely sure that you are not feeling pain when removing it. So practive breathing to relax, take painkillers BEFORE the procedure. Not a lot tho. And then ask the doctor to prescribe you heavy painkillers. Swallow saliva a lot after the proceure so you don't drool blood all over the floor. In the next two days you will feel dull pain but you'll be fine. If you such a cry baby pussy ask them to knock you out but it's more expensive.
>>
im getting mine out in 2 days. should i be scared of it or happy that theyre giving me vicodin after?
>>
>tfw I chose the local anesthesia instead of being put to sleep

They remove two of my wisdom teeth in a month.
I think I made a mistake
>>
>>29415042
When they are ingrown you need them surgically removed, which is more expensive. But not that expensive. Definitely getting scammed.
I had mine surgically removed and did not pay that much.
>>
>>29415088
Just call and request a second consultation because you're thinking of being put to sleep instead. Do you even know how to adult bro?
>>
Two of mine ar impacted and one is cracked. I'm a wage cuck so I have to find the time to get them removed. My plan is to take the week off work, get it done, and then take the pain meds and watch TV for a few days.
>>
>>29415057
>Half Neanderthal
That's a good thing. They don't have feminine hips and weak bones
>>
>>29415057
>implying neanderthals weren't superior
There's a reason whites are better than niggers you know
>>
>>29415137
They're literally apes which may or may not have had language abilities.
>>
>>29415132
good plan, definitely take at least a week off. dont schedule anything at all, buy foods you will be able to eat beforehand and enjoy.
>>
Doctor prescribed me heavy painkillers, antibiotics and anti inflammatory pills. Slept 20 hours a day the next 2-3 days, was relaxed as fuck and healed pretty quick
>>
>>29415123
I chose the local anesthesia because I thought it would make me stronger. You know be a man for once.
The thing that scares me is to act really strange adter the procedure when you're still high, I don't want to start singing or do stupid shit like in those youtube videos. I hope I'll be able to control myself
>>
>>29415088
Stop being such a pansy.
Localized anaesthesia is so much less annoying and quicker.
Sure, jamming a needle into your gums is unpleasant and ripping the tooth out stings a little, but it's over in less than an hour.
>>
>>29414911

Yes. I've had it done 3 times. The drug I got was Midazolam and it's a short term amnesiac benzo.

>sit in the chair
>get a finger monitor put on
>get an injection in your arm
>after 10 seconds or so you're out
>you'll slowly regain awareness after the procedure is gone
>you LITERALLY won't remember having anything done

I had 3 teeth out the first time. The other 2 times were for fillings. Seriously if you're scared of the dentist then ask if they offer IV sedation.
>>
>>29415149
So you mean exactly like homo Sapians?

They are the reason we are so successful.
>>
File: teeth.jpg (50 KB, 766x359) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
50 KB, 766x359
>22
>Tooth starts hurting, WTF
>Dentist takes an X-ray, both lower molars significantly impacted
>Schedule surgery
>First one took 30 minutes, was problematic
>Three weeks later, the second one took 15 minutes, was a piece of cake
>No putting to sleep, just numbing the nerves so you don't feel anything

All in all, not painful, but definitely unpleasant. The recovery was a bitch, though. Was in bed for a week for both times because it hurts (painkillers <3) and what you can eat is very limited due to limited jaw movement.

The left one left a hole which lingered on for a month or two and was quite annoying as I had to avoid eating on that side.

The right one didn't leave a hole, but this weird gooey thing formed in my mouth outside of the socket from the bleeding. It was disgusting, but made the socket heal much better.

It's been 10 or so months. No more jaw problems and no holes. So, all in all, definitely worth it. Played Metal Gear for those two months as well.
>>
>>29415179
That doesn't happen until after you down the painkillers at home, they sometimes have weird interactions.
>>
>>29415189
>Unpleasant
You aren't aware it even happens
>>
>>29415179
>The thing that scares me is to act really strange adter the procedure when you're still high, I don't want to start singing or do stupid shit like in those youtube videos. I hope I'll be able to control myself

Well, this doesn't happen when they put you to sleep. They put in the IV and 10 seconds later you're gone, and when you wake back up you feel extremely drowsy but aren't high. There's a lot of videos on youtube of people acting extremely stupid and saying weird things because they opted for local anesthesia and essentially got high; the main reason I picked being put to sleep via IV sedation is so I wouldn't become one of them.
>>
OP here. Decided to kill myself instead of getting it removed.
Is doing the car in garage method a good way to go?
>>
Local tends to result in a quicker healing time with less swelling. If they put you under they are much rougher than if you are conscious, because they just go from whatever angle is most convenient to them rather than taking care of you. Source: dad's a dentist.
>>
>>29414229
did you just DOX yourself with the filename?
>>
>>29415525
Oh no

bloxxbloxx
>>
>>29415505
Is there not an in between method. Isn't it the oven sedation with the benzos where you aren't asleep and still conscious enough to respond but you don't remember anything?!?!?!
>>
>>29415538

Bro I just posted about it here >>29415194
>>
>>29415525
Uhhh sorta I guess.
Not telling you if that is the correct name or not.
How would knowing my name get me doxxed.
You can't even find me on Google.
>>
>>29415568
Oh my bad. Looks like that is going to be the best method for me then.
I wanna be pumped with benzos and go to a happy place.
My dentist said they would give me a benzos pill for the night and morning if the procedure. Might get that so I have a back up incase an anxiety attack comes up
>>
>>29415538
Nah, it's local or general, but if it bothers you enough you can sometimes get a gp to diagnose you with a dentistry related phobia and they'll prescribe some additional medication to make it a bit easier for you. That can be a hassle though, doctors don't give up the good shit easily.
>>
File: 1464505713700.png (198 KB, 293x287) Image search: [Google]
1464505713700.png
198 KB, 293x287
>don't remember leaving the orthodontist's office AT ALL after surgery, or the car ride home
>just played Dota 2, Black, and listened to music while high on oxycodone for a week
>mfw I turned down a prescription refill

It didn't hurt anymore, but goddamn did I fuck up. To all bots who are fearing wisdom teeth removal: Don't.

You'll get a free supply of like 2 weeks worth of painkillers (hopefully you'll get the good stuff) and the only thing you need to worry about is a fuck-up during the operation, which is rare.
>>
I was one of the lucky few who never developed wisdom teeth
>>
They had to fuck my shit up with 4x the normal dose of morphine when I woke up because it wasn't doing anything, other than initially waking up there wasn't much pain though. It gets pretty sore but as long as you eat a lot of cold food you'll be fine.

What REALLY hurt that I would absolutely never again in my fucking life endure was getting my tonsils/adenoid out. That was 2 weeks of hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I was 15 so I didn't have the recovery of a little kid, could barely open my mouth for the first week. They also gave me the wrong dosage of painkillers (that barely worked anyway) so I went without them for the second week.
>>
>"oh it looks like your wisdom teeth are coming in, we'll wait a year and see what happens"
>over the course of the year only the right one comes in
>"only one came in! let's wait another year for the other one"
>it's been a year
>the other one hasn't even shown itself
>>
>>29417191
They fucked up my operation.
>cant eat because massive wounds in gums
>days pass
>still cant eat
>doctor says wounds should have healed
>take a look around
>MASSIVE CANKER SORES EVERYWHERE
>all doctor says is "oops, you should have told me you get canker spres and I would have been more gentle."
>vicadin did nothing because I guess I'm biologically unable to metabolize them properly
and that's the story of how I couldnt eat solid food for a week and was in terrible pain for two weeks
>>
Just got home from having it done. Got 4 out. Honestly it was fine. I would describe it as weird more than anything else.
>>
>>29414817
Go and have them fixed bruh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n710LWwqBX0
>>
>Christmas break, get teeth out on the 18th of dec
>go in to get my teeth taken out
>they put me under, don't remember anything
>woke up an hour or two later
>kind of loopy, really cold
>can't feel my mouth
>really excited on the way home
>lay in bed and sleep all day
>drink a ton of water, eat a ton of yogurt
>get some nice painkillers
>only experience mild discomfort and swelling
>feel pretty much 100% 4 days later
>completely better by Christmas, eat a shitload of ham and turkey
Honestly it was really a comfy experience.
>>
Got all four of my impacted wisdom teeth removed at once, roughly three weeks ago.

They sat me down in a chair, hooked me up to some monitors, and I chilled the fuck out via the intravenous injection. Was awake the whole time but you don't feel anything.

Honestly, the biggest annoyance was how much novocaine they used. Couldn't find my mouth to eat jell-o same day as the operation. The pain was pretty weak compared to other shit I have been through.

Lost a decent amount of weight because I was only eating mac-and-cheese most of the week. It was a really straightforward experience in all honesty. I was lowkey disappointed the oxycodone didn't make me high or anything. Antibiotics gave me diarrhea one day and they said I could cut it out. What the antibiotics do to your stomach is actually worse than the surgery.
>>
Got all 4 plus a molar removed 2 years ago.

They had to put me to sleep and give me a Vicodin perscription.

youre gonna tawk wike diss fo a few daysh.
>>
>>29414229
Stop caring OP

It will feel far less bad than

>tfw no gf
>tfw autistic
>tfw khhv

which should be things you experience on a daily basis. Mine are yet to come through, but I can feel them.
>>
>>29414675
too much use of antibiotics (in general, not just for OP) could lead to the bacteria getting resistant, in which case infections will become untreatable, meaning we'd be completely fucked.
>>
File: 20160620_141545-1.jpg (349 KB, 1566x1969) Image search: [Google]
20160620_141545-1.jpg
349 KB, 1566x1969
>>29418549 here
They let me keep my teeth! Check it out
>>
>>29414229
>be me, wisdom teeth growing but no pain so far
>fast forward to 24yo
>it starts to hurt as fuck
>i eat three painkillers everyday, almost no effect
>all i can do is to focus on the pain lethargically
>keep living like this for almost two years because i'm scared shitless from the dentists
>sometimes the piece from wisdom tooth chippes off
>finally i've got completely immune to the painkillers, shit is getting unbearable
>walk in to the dentist's
>get seated, dentist applies two local anesthetic injections to the gum
>it didn't hurt that much compared to what i've been through
>after few minutes my whole lower half of head becomes numb
>dentist brings few scary looking tools, one of them is looking like a little but still menacing crowbar
>i open the mouth and he proceeds to extract that wisdom fucker
>feel few snaps resonating through my skull but no pain at all
>this goes for thirty seconds
>aaaand it's done, the fucker is out
>leave the dentist's while i didn't noticed a stream of saliva coming from the corner of my numb mouth

that two years long suffering wasn't worth it at all.
>>
>have 4 impacted wisdom teeth, don't hurt of anything
>Mom decides I'm ready to have them taken out despite them not being a hazard
>they keep assuring me I wont swell up too badly
>I get out of surgery go home and sleep it off since it was sunday
>my face looks like I fought a giant shovel, I look like a retard who put a bunch of pool balls in his mouth
>Hey at least I can miss a few days of school till they heal
>nope, fuck you school time
>I walk in, entire class starts laughing. Teacher starts laughing. The class gerbil started laughing at me
>they taunt me for a month straight till the swelling goes down

Fuck you wisdom teeth
>>
>16
>have to get my wisdom teeth removed
>go to the operating room
>guy asks me my plans for the future
>wake up
>hysterically laughing even the nurse is laughing
>claim that I don't need to open my eyes because Iron Man doesn't need eyes.
>upload vid on youtube.

Not that bad senpai. Mom made me shakes and stuff all the time. Used the roof of my mouth to crunch chips. Hydrocodone is really easy to take too many of because I showed up to school the next day "high". I was really out of it and fell asleep in every class.
>>
>>29414229
>be 18
>go to the best reviewed oral surgeon in my city
>doesn't even tell me I'm going under
>Wake up with no pain
>high as shit for the rest of the day
>no pain at all the remaining days after
>get to abuse hydrocodone legally

It was great. 10/10 experience imo
>>
>>29414229
>Have 1 wisdom teeth decaying
>pretty painful but w/e
>go to the dentist to remove it
>partial anesthesia
>remove it in like 10 min a bit shaky but fun
>puts on stitches
>prescribes me some very light painkillers
>go home all good
>go back 1 week later to remove Stitches
>all done

That's it, it's really fucking nothing, you are in the hands of a professional nothing will happen, just let him know if the operation is even sightly painful because that means he needs to give you a bigger dose of anesthesia.
>>
>>29419210
Forgot to add, they also wanted to remove the other one just "in case", it's perfectly healthy so I just said no, remember to not fall for medical jewery.
>>
>>29414229
I was 16 when I got mines removed and I had fun with it

they put me to sleep and I dreamed nice things for hours, well after the surgery was over. Sleep tight porker
>>
>got them removed 3 months ago
>just got freezing, none of that pass out gas
>no pain
>had 2 weeks worth of pain pills
>used one because no pain afterwards

wow its fucking nothing
>>
Went in. They knocked me out , woke up, had some cotton in my mouth walked out the office. Got driven home, layed down on the couch, had to eat with a spoon. 2 and 3rd day were the worst. Better by day 4 and 5. Make sure you take time off work and opt to get fully knocked out.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with USA? Why do you guys insist on removing wisdom teeth no matter what? No problem then no need.
>>
>get wisdom teeth removed
>get a bunch of painkillers
>spend the next week taking painkillers and playing video games

It's a good time man, highly recommend it.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.