[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Childhood dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1447723787448.jpg (21 KB, 235x313) Image search: [Google]
1447723787448.jpg
21 KB, 235x313
What did you want to be when you grew up?
What happened?
What stopped you?
>>
>>29412666
>What happened?

Nothing happened. I achieved all of my childhood dreams, I wrote my books and recorded my albums, and... the world was not interested.
>>
>>29412666
I wanted to be a teacher, thinking of being a teacher was the only thing that didn't make me feel bad about getting older. I thought it would be nice to be able to help kids.

I became physically disabled and developed severe PTSD.
>>
>>29412666
I had no dreams as a child. They were psychological beat out of me by everyone around me. Family was the worst.
>>
>>29412666
I wanted to be an astronomer. I had terrible math teachers in school and I come from a small town.
>>
air force pilot or some sort of international james bond

briefly dabbled in corporate finance and marketing then

became a neet because the average person feels like a sociopath landmine that you can't stand to be around
>>
File: 1465687637821.jpg (241 KB, 832x1367) Image search: [Google]
1465687637821.jpg
241 KB, 832x1367
>>29412666
>What did you want to be when you grew up?
a soldier

>What happened?
I am studying law instead

>What stopped you?
I have joint sickness that make them too weak for me to be of any use for the military

life sucks
>>
>>29412666

Wanted to be a pilot.

Became severly retarded and do not trust myself when driving a car, guiding a plane would be insanity. Also shit eyesight.
>>
>>29412666
>What did you want to be when you grew up?
maybe work with animals or something
>What happened?
never really got into it i love my dogs though still
>What stopped you?
myself. I should go to college to be a zookeeper or something.
>>
God.

Sure raping and creating would be fun for 80 or so years until i'm out of ideas, but when im 65436546543565347374354325435782 years old I might start regretting my decision.
>>
>>29412666
i didn't know back then in kindergarten, and I still don't know what I want to be. i'm studying forensic science though, but I hate it
>>
File: 1444321276346.gif (984 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1444321276346.gif
984 KB, 500x278
>>29412666
Always wanted to be an actor. My child self didn't know about my social retardness back then though

I also suck shit at it and fail every audition without exceptions, no matter how hard I try, no matter how I sleep deprive myself to get things right and fucking try to claw my way to success, no matter how much I study, try to apply theory to practice, I ALWAYS fall short. I guess some people aren't meant to accomplish their dreams.

Still kind of in denial about it, but I'm starting to accept that I simply don't have what it takes to achieve the dream.

Probably will be offing myself before I get deep into dead end jobs for the rest of my life, spare myself the trouble.
>>
1 an animal doctor
2 I've understood animala ear each other all the time and that having pets is fun but useless and Not something worth living for
>>
>>29412666

I wanted to become a voice actor and someday be the voice of the main character on a Disney movie.

Shit parents beat me for every little mistake and killed all of my dreams one by one and all my will to live.
>>
A veterinarian.
Currently a liberal arts student.
I've progressively become more disgusted with animals in general as I've aged, even being around healthy friendly dogs makes me feel sick on a bad day.
>>
>>29412666
my thesis failed and i didn't graduate on time; further prolonging my extended stay on school due to my mistakes

that time when my prof asked me if i can finish it on time, a part of me died
>>
>>29414320
yeah but what were you trying to be

did you ever filling only half of the criteria at once was part of your problem

shit
>>
A paleontologist or veterenarian.

After that I wanted to become a doctor, but then my interests shifted to the humanities and the social sciences so I became interested in pursuing Law instead.

I still do like dinosaurs and animals though, but as I grew up I guess I became less interested.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.