[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem Fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1466303027477.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1466303027477.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem
Fuck I hate this meme.
Life is the problem. From our perspectives as human beings, that is all we will ever know. It is not temporary.
>>
>>29412515
Then do it, you fucking faggot. What's stopping you?
>>
>>29412515
The statement is generally made by people with a belief in the afterllife. To them, this life is temporary. Of course, the leap of faith they make in their religious conviction is irrational.

This is not to say that suicide is a correct course of action, but the problem is answered by a different philosophical approach.

Have you heard of Absurdism, OP?
>>
>>29412515
They are right though. Life is temporary, it passes. Death is the permanent solution to everything since non-existence is featureless and therefore unproblematic.

They are silly in the sense that they think 'permanent solution' is somehow an argument against suicide.
>>
This is a complete truism devoid on any actual meaning somehow.
>>
>>29413666

I don't think this is true, it's said by a lot of atheists. It just means that they think your life can improve to the point that you enjoy it, so you shouldn't kill yourself because your life will just be sorrow-death instead of sorrow-happiness-death. It's just a complete misunderstanding of the deep feeling of hopelessness that depressed people have. They think their entire life is fucked and they just want off the ride.
>>
>>29413770
Those people still have hope, which is certainly as irrational as religion.

I like Camus' stances on the matter. There is no coherent "meaning of life", or at least it is impossible for any human to comprehend. Yet we have a natural desire to seek and create meaning, even in the face of the void. From these two conflicting statements is born the Absurd.

In the face of the insurmountable, we are called to revolt. We aren't supposed to hope or have faith in any more than we can reasonably expect, and devoid of greater universal meaning we are one is only bound to their own sense of integrity and morality.

In this, suicide is just another form of escape, cowardice in the face of the greatest challenge that exists. Furthermore, devoid of any meaning, life and experience take on pure quantitative value; the prince and the peasant lived the same amount of years will have the same value to their lives, having had the same amount of experiences.

The answer is simply to live.
>>
idk anons. A permanent solution to a temporary problem sounds really attractive. It ensures the problem will never return again. Normies are only proving you right by saying this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05VlHpbYiDo
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.