[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be stationed in a psych ward in two weeks for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1436739579057.jpg (50 KB, 322x279) Image search: [Google]
1436739579057.jpg
50 KB, 322x279
I'm going to be stationed in a psych ward in two weeks for a month and a half. I-it's a small step for me, but a giant leap for my well being a-am I right, guys? I know a lot of people said that it doesn't help them in the slightest, but they just picked the wrong clinic, right?

> mfw I'm thinking to just not show up, like I do with every other appointment
> mfw on the other hand it can't be worse than living with my mother
> mfw suicide still best option
>>
>>29410816
my involuntary 2 week stay was pretty shitty because the ward was full of legit crazies (schizophrenics etc) and I couldn't find anyone like me who was lucid and just depressed.

it might not be so bad if you're in there voluntarily though, probably makes it feel less like prison.
>>
>>29410816
Will you get any Internet privileges?
>>
Is the psych ward even a real place, it sounds like a meme, a myth you know.
>>
At least you won't be surrounded by normies.
>>
>>29410839
forgot to add, don't bring in any electronics unless you're willing to keep them with you or guard them all the time, psych wards are full of thieves.

bring a shitload of books if you can, reading is a great way to pass the time in another mental world and they generally aren't targets for theft.
>>
>>29410839
>it might not be so bad if you're in there voluntarily though, probably makes it feel less like prison.

this all the way. voluntary folks typically start off with more privileges like keeping your phone, having internet access, and being much less likely to have pills forced on you
>>
>>29410867
this is assuming you're in a public or low end ward. if it's your parents putting you in a high end private ward for rich people then this stuff is probably less likely to apply and you can ignore me.
>>
>>29410839
>>29410867
I appreciate the tips, pham and yes it is voluntarily.
>>29410850
I heard that you get 1 hour daily, if at all.
>>
Psych nurse here. Is it private? Those places are basically hotels with valium on tap. You'll be fine. I've never seen them be effective for like situational depression though its usually just for stabilization. Also a month and a half is a weirdly long time for just suicidal ideation.
>>
>>29410900
Just checked, it seems to be a private clinic. I live in Germany so my health insurance pays. I could decide between this private clinic and another one, which is supposedly a complete hellhole with about one thousand 1 star ratings and terrible reputation, so I chose former. The month and a half are really unexpectedly long, but I don't have to live with my mom for the time being, so I'm cool with that, I guess. I have the bad habit of chickening out of every appointment I ever have, but I guess I give this one a go.
>>
>>29410994
private should be a lot better, my experience with the schizos and thieves was in the public system.
>>
Anon I could date you. I always offer to date robots but I get rejected.
>>
>>29411180
I assume you're in the wrong thread (?)
>>
>>29410994
I was in a private clinic in germany as an outpatient. It was full of normies with high paying jobs and families of their own. The psychologists couldnt handle my powerlevel (suprised I had no friends etc. ) but somehow it was still way better than a public clinic.
>>
execute all gernans
>>
You get better when you choose to get better.

Going to the psych ward is just another way to avoid taking responsibility for your own future.

T. Robot whos slowly getting better
>>
>>29411570
honestly this is the only correct answer
you only get better when you decide to

everything else is just procrastination to make you feel better temporarily
>>
bad idea

people get their current state through osmosis. surrounding yourself with other lunatics and people who profit from your disability will just make it worst
>>
>paying $280 per session (45 minutes) with psychiatrist out of pocket.
Is this considered expensive, cheap, or standard?
>>
>>29411649
Standard rate imo. I recall asking the price for a private hospital's psychiatrists . They ranged between $400-$700 an hour

Djdjhd
>>
>>29411649
Did he say how many sessions you would need to "get healed"? I can't shake the feeling they're doing it only for the money and squeeze out as much off you as they can.
>>
it's gonna be mainly crazy and drug addicts

will be nice for a break from life if that's what you need

but they mainly provide help with getting on medication or getting junkies into treatment or halfway house programs
>>
Give us updates OP. Do you see any qt3.14s? Have you been drugged yet? I need details
>>
>>29410816
Most surprising thing I noticed when I was put in a psych ward was the number of transsexuals. Out of my particular group of say 20 young adults, 6-7 were there because their minds were absolutely fucked after transitioning and they were on suicide watch.

Just an odd fact, look for it OP, it'll surprise you I'm sure

>inb4 calling this b8
>>
>>29412224
Aren't men and women completely separated? And if yes...where are transsexuals housed?
>>
>>29412224
need story
>>
>>29411649
I've received therapy and medication for around 8 years now without ever paying anything at all. So yeah that seems a retarded amount to pay.
>>
>>29410816
I recommend going. You have so much to gain, but so little to lose, and if worst comes to worst, you can always kill yourself when you get out instead.

Take this opportunity.
>>
>>29410816
Private clinics are like vacation and if you don't have to pay anyway you might go for it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.