[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't get too many answers the last time I posted this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: whut.jpg (26 KB, 307x286) Image search: [Google]
whut.jpg
26 KB, 307x286
Didn't get too many answers the last time I posted this, so I'll shorten it.

>I work at a small business retail store
>I am the only employee besides the manager
>Manager refuses to hire another employee for over a year because "we can handle it" (meaning me)
>There is no air conditioning in summer / no heat in winter
>I work all day by myself on Saturday (manager doesn't come in at all. We're open 10+ hours saturday)
>Multiple times per day I get overloaded with 5-6 customers that want something done at the same time, and I'm the only one working
>I work more hours than the manager a week but obviously get paid less
>Friend worked less than me and gets paid more at another store, and there is more people working there with him
>I work between 35-40 hours a week for "part-time"
>I need time off to get shit done but i cant get any time off

How the fuck do I get more hours off if I'm the only employee?

I don't want to quit, I need money, but right now I need to get a lot of personal shit done and I just don't have the time to do it because I work late shift and I also do not drive, so it's not like I have a quick ride to and from work.
>>
>>29408178
Have your friend help you get hired at his job

Confront boss about leaving if he keeps being an ass. It's not like he can do anything about it, you're his only employee.
>>
>>29408178
Take day off by pretending to be sick, use that time to go job hunting
>>
>>29408178
Start looking for another job.
Make sure your manager knows you are looking for another job.
Go to some interviews etc.

He will either crap himself when he realises you might leave and offer you better.

Or you get another job anyway.
>>
>>29408178
If you don't want to show up, just call and say you won't show up.

What is your manager going to do? Learn not to rely on you for everything?
>>
>>29408178

Threaten to quit, then do it if he doesn't listen. Fuck even Walmart pays 10 bucks an hour starting.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.