[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying really fucking hard to quit smoking, but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 509x411
I'm trying really fucking hard to quit smoking, but I'm really craving a cigarette.... Any suggestions??
>>
chew gum or throw away cigarette packet into water. Next time just dont buy it. Mark everyday on the calender for making it through without smoking. I am trying for nofap since last year and i still havent crossed two weeks. Its hard.
>>
>>29406837
Go for a brisk walk or exercise vigorously. The endorphins released will help replace the chemicals you're used to using to avoid stress.
>>
>>29406931
I broke the cigs and tossed em in a dumpster outside of my neighborhood
>>
>>29406931
>it's hard
perfect pun
>>
File: pipe_smoking_captain.jpg (30 KB, 290x390) Image search: [Google]
pipe_smoking_captain.jpg
30 KB, 290x390
>>29406837
Have you considered switching to a pipe? I've smoked a pipe for more than 20 years now, and never gotten addicted. In the winter, when it's not as enjoyable, I'll put the pipe away for months. Then I'll smoke two or three bowls a day in the summer. The tobacco also tastes much nicer; the good stuff is made by master tobacconists with decades of experience using the same techniques as vintners for specific flavour profiles.

Smoke a pipe will definitely give you that nicotine you're craving, too. You don't inhale pipe smoke, so you absorb the nicotine through the buccal membranes. In fact, you'll get so much nicotine, so quickly, that it'll probably give you a head rush. Most people get nic-sick the first time they smoke a pipe, even if they're used to cigarettes, because of how much nicotine you get so quickly.
>>
>>29406837
Eat snacks, for that dopamine boost. Also thinking "no one has ever regretted *not* smoking a cigarette."

Also when you buy a carton, smoke one or two, then destroy the rest of the carton to put in your mind this isn't something you should be doing.

Remember that each time you withhold from smoking is a great victory for yourself and you should be proud of that one accomplishment even if you stumble in the future, which is to be expected but avoided.

Havent had a cig since erev Passover, after being a heavy smoker.
>>
Hold me fellow Anons, because for 3 months I will smoke nothing
And I smoked pack every 3 days, and it felt as much even if it was not
>>
>>29408006
You can do it Anon. We believe in you. All of you.
>>
>>29408018
Thanks Anon. I will do it, I know I can
>>
>>29408082
I'm always here for you Anon
>>
>>29406958
This is good advice. Peppermint candies also helped me and toothpicks to chew on.
>>
you can always do the vape faggotry
i do it on the downlow because of the memes

quit last november and haven't had one since even though i kind of want one here and there

but then i remember the burning throat, the awful smell, and the teeth staining

not worth it
>>
Try vaping VN
>>
quit in september of 2014 by switching to vaping.

if you're a real robot you don't leave the house so the memes wont affect you
>>
>>29408263
also i got some great advice from a random streamer

quit when you really want to. its a lot more easier. not from others or people trying to guilt trip you like with passive aggressive shit like
>coughing gestures in public or with even my own family
>it will give you cancer you should quit!

no that just pissed me off more and wanted me to not be around them. also the habit of having to go outside to smoke got tiring
>>
>>29407684
Although, if you do inhale the headspin is great. Some people do, some people don't.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.