[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 960x960
Unemployment is at record lows sitting at 4.7% get out and get working. No girl is gonna like a unemployed or low wage loser. Remember
STEM is the way.
>>
>>29406474
Live neet or die trying
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 640x400
>>29406474
This is the true way to nirvana.
>>
>>29406474
no fuck you
our country is 27.4% unemployed
>>
>>29406474
That picture makes me angry OP.
>>
Lol, is this a joke? The economy is terrible, go shill your bullshit someplace else goldberg
>>
>>29406527
Makeup exists. Get over it
>>
It's at 4.7% because they didn't count people who stopped looking for jobs. It'd be way higher if they did
>>
No way, work is death
>>
>employment is low
>in other words, a good number of people have jobs now
>aka most positions are filled and they don't open fast enough to make a difference

Wake me when it goes up again
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 960x960
>>29406526
Good job being in a shit country m8. I was talking about a civilized country, the good ol' US of Awsome. It's okay though I will visit and purchase a couple of your sisters for entertainment and your mother for sanitation services.
>>
>>29406474
>Unemployment is at record lows sitting at 4.7%
We never recovered from the 2008 recession. We got rid of a lot of 50k/yr+benefits professional jobs and replaced them with twice as many part-time, minimum wage jobs. There is no opportunity left in America.
>>
>>29406543
Suck my dick cunt im aware it exists
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 640x157) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 640x157
>>29406605
Not true at all commie. Wages are growing and opportunities are endless. Just gotta be not lazy and apply yourself.
>>
>>29406590
You'd get beaten to death within hours of coming here, good luck anon
>>
>>29406504
No it isn't. 95.3 % people are employed according to OP but there isn't propably more than 1 % truly enlightened people
>>
File: 2wut.png (289 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
2wut.png
289 KB, 398x398
>4.7
TOP KEK! You do realize if you stop looking for work and don't find a job they count you as employed right? Just look at all the foodstamp recipients
>>
File: BLS chart.png (47 KB, 1838x287) Image search: [Google]
BLS chart.png
47 KB, 1838x287
>>29406474
Stop using the jew definition that doesn't include NEETs
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 349x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 349x212
>>29406680
All people who have 'fallen' off the labor force participation number are boomers retiring. Food stamps are for the lazy illegal immigrants only. Stop with the communist Bernie Sanders propaganda.
>>
>>29406680
>>4.7
>TOP KEK! You do realize if you stop looking for work and don't find a job they count you as employed right? Just look at all the foodstamp recipients
Fucking idiot, they don't count you employed, they count you as not in the labor force
>>
>>29406736
You are literally actually retarded.
>>
File: yoko pissing off kamina.gif (2 MB, 427x239) Image search: [Google]
yoko pissing off kamina.gif
2 MB, 427x239
>>29406736
>implying illegals can get bennies
>>
>>29406474

Honestly OP is an idiot, stem is literally a meme at this point, I have met many unemploymed stem graduates, at best most work at deadend jobs. Maybe its a little better then libarts but thats like being the tallest man in a room full of midgets, meaningless.
>>
>>29406736

http://www.wsj.com/articles/whats-ailing-the-u-s-economy-1466388000

Only 25,000 private-sector jobs were created last month.

The reason why the unemployment rate is 4.7% is because the labor-force participation rate is at 1977 levels.
>>
>>29406825
what else is there? stem degrees are always better than other degrees
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 825x635
>>29406873
We have been creating MILLIONS of jobs since the beginning of the decade. This is just a minor blip caused by the Verizon strikes.
Pic related its you
>>
>>29406918
wrong
you just know people who did stem from cc's and low tier retard colleges where the degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on
>>
>>29406474
After my 50th job applied since the beginning of May I am about to pop a BLOOD VESSEL AT HOW MAD I AM AGHHHHH FUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKLKK
>>
>>29406474
Oh shit it is that low. Thanks Obama.
>>
>>29407076
Yeah, just a ten year minor blip.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/us-has-record-10th-straight-year-without-3-growth-gdp

The United States has now gone a record 10 straight years without 3 percent growth in real Gross Domestic Product, according to data released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

In the 85 years for which BEA has calculated the annual change in real GDP there is only one ten-year stretch -- 2006 through 2015 -- when the annual growth in real GDP never hit 3 percent. During the last ten years, real annual growth in GDP peaked in 2006 at 2.7 percent. It has never been that high again, according to the BEA.

Before this period, the longest stretch of years when real GDP did not grow by at least 3.0 percent, as calculatd by the BEA, was the four-year stretch from 1930 to 1933 -- during the Great Depression.
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 960x540
>>29407340
And? We already grew. Most consumer and infrastructure needs are met. Sure Nigeria can have almost double digit gain in GDP because they have a massive population that's without current trend consume goods and accessibility to 1st world infastrure. Easy to have double digit growth when you are building highways and installing HVAC for the first time. Get real you ASS.
>>
>>29406474
Thanks kang obama
>>
>>29406474
pants on fire
>>
>>29407643
You're right. We live in an advanced country which is why employment is going down even as productivity goes up. This is the first time in the history of the human race this has happened.

The labor market doesn't need as many workers any more. Automation in our advanced society is chipping away at job growth while at the same time the economy is experiencing anemic growth.

There are more reasons than ever to be a neet loser in an increasingly changing and difficult society.

But if you want to try to keep morale up as Rome collapses that's fine by me. Not everyone should wallow in misery at the current situation, I suppose.
>>
>>29406527
Why does it make up angry fellow robot??
>>
>>29407977
you*

Botbloxpls
>>
>>29407971
Well my job is spreading hope and I notice that this place drastically lacks hope and most of that has to do with the labor market.
>>
>>29406526
>>29406557
>>29407340
>>29407971
>>29406680

All of this. Labor statistics are intentionally rigged to prevent the public from recognizing the crisis. Thanks to automation, the U.S. economy is actually growing while employment levels stagnate. Human labor is becoming obsolete, much like horses did 100 years ago.

And it's only going to get worse--- automated ordering kiosks at all fast-food restaurants (cheaper and more efficient than $15/hr wageslaves), self-driving cars will soon replace human taxi drivers, etc.

Welcome to the future--- you are now obsolete.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x495
>>29408303
That's why you have to get skills that will be in demand as boomers retire. Make sure to persue higher education. There will be tons of jobs created with the upcoming technology boom. The new green(tm) energy Infastructure isn't gonna install itself. Also the government doesn't need to release fake statistics. If the jobs less reality you are talking about is reality where are the riots, rise in crime and anxiety? It's no where but here on r9k and we can fix it. I'm here to help. My job is to help you guys to navigate the new labor market. STAY POSITIVE!
>>
File: Moe.jpg (22 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
Moe.jpg
22 KB, 300x226
>STEM is the way

Fuck off with your STEM meme, you can be STEM and be pride of it but don't act like you're better than other people. You can be humble about having a STEM degree and not show off about it, a lot of employers just like that you HAVE a college degree, it shows you at least got a Bachelors in something and that's good enough for a lot of people. Now if you're going into a field pertaining to your major than it's different but a lot of people go into careers that usually have nothing to do with their major.

A lot of STEM people are usually either Computer Science majors who usually get a job coding or programming shit, you also have people who are majoring in Engineering but that's about it. Lots of people get Liberal Arts degrees and still manage to get decent jobs making decent cash, it might not be 80k or 100k a year but if you live alone and don't support anyone but yourself than 50k and 60k is a shit load of money.

I don't want kids and I'm a loser virgin who is 24 years old, if I could get a job making like 50k or 60k a year it'd be fine with me because I'd have a lot of extra cash to spend on myself, hell I'd be fine with 40k a year but ideally 50k or 60k would be fine with me.

>Inb4 upset liberal arts graduate
>Inb4 art/music degree
>>
>>29408617
>where are the riots, rise in crime and anxiety?

Ferguson, Baltimore, BLM
3 million Americans in jail
Opiate use is through the roof
47% of Americans getting some form of handout/subsidy from the govt.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 1043x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 1043x939
>>29408640
>I don't want kids
Thank god. Make sure you don't procreate. We don't have a surplus of labor but we have a surplus of mouth breathers like you. Maybe if you applied yourself in real life instead of writing a blog on here and actually got a non-joke degree employees could take you seriously. Keep screaming your head off bud it's very entertaining.
>>
>>29408715
>real life
Nice meme
>>
>>29408665
>Ferguson, Baltimore, BLM
Just small statistical anomalies even Chiraq crime is an all time low.
>3 million Americans in jail
Degenerates.
>Opiate use is through the roof
Drug usage was higher in the 70s and has been falling for sometime.
>47% of Americans getting some form of handout/subsidy from the govt.
A lot of that's for education which is needed. We are the richest country in the world and we can allow citizens some of the gains. Gotta keep the lower end of the work force going.
>>
>>29408640
Dude, you can do that 2 months from now if you're willing to drive flatbed trucks
>>
File: 1456464737924.jpg (33 KB, 370x397) Image search: [Google]
1456464737924.jpg
33 KB, 370x397
>>29406474
>Remember STEM is the way
Aaaand disregarded the entire post. Try again another day, stemtard
>>
I'm gonna be a comfy accountant and live in a small apartment by myself and produce music and play vidya. It's gonna be a peaceful life family.
>>
>>29408784
Nice try im a anthropology major.
>>
>>29408815
That's the spirit bro! We are all capable of reaching our dreams. We live in the best times known to man.
>>
>>29406474
the unemployment rate is borked if someone is a NEET and quit looking for work to live with mommy they do not count as unemployed
>>
>>29406474
Be STEM graduate now for 6 months
>cant find a job
>feel like ididnt learn anything from college
>diploma being wasted

Do I apply for jobs that im not even qualified for orwhat
>>
>>29406474
I got a degree in economics (at best a soft-stem degree if you're stretching it) and I got a job with the gubment that has a decently good path to promotion. Not give worthless normie advice, but the most important skill you can acquire is the ability to talk to people.
>>
>>29406474
Remainder if you took out part time workers the unemployment right is over 24% right now at an all time record high for the US.
>>
>>29408935
Pants on fire dumble tard trump statistic. Nice try fami.
>>
>>29408882
yeah in general dont let a requirement stop you from applying to the job. If they are really really hard up for work they might give you a call and teach you as you work
>>
>>29408871
Correct. They also don't count you if you're getting 25 hours a week stocking shelves at Wal-Mart.

Real unemployment (U6) is at 9.7%
>The U-6 rate is defined as all unemployed as well as "persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the labor force." That means the unemployed, the underemployed and the discouraged.

And that doesn't count part-timers who the govt. doesn't consider to be underemployed like >>29408935
says.
>>
>>29408882
same situation. It's either do that and get more dead-end jobs or go back into the greasy Jewish machine of postgrad uni. I'm about to go back myself just to see if a different field can at least get my life skills up.
>>
>>29408972
Thats still employment no matter how you communist sympathizers spin it. 99% of those are students and seniors who are working the hours they want.
>>
>>29409074
>Jewish machine of postgrad uni.
Friendly reminder that being anti-Semitic will only lose you job opportunities.
>>
>>29409129
Actually, part time workers are 18% of all employees, not just students and old folks. That number was 13.5% in 1968.

In the 25-54 age range, 1/8th (12.5%) of all employees are working under 35 hours a week.

The average workweek for production and nonsupervisory employees on private nonfarm payrolls was unchanged at 33.6 hours.
t. United States Department of Labor

Is it employment? Sure. But when entry-level employment (the types of jobs /r9k/ would have to work to get) pays less than my neetbux and medicare, why should I go outside and make shekelstein another dollar?
>>
>>29409261
I'm sorry Mr. Goldberg, I won't do it again. Let me rub your hands for you, please. I won't do it again I promise, please I'm straight, don't turn me into a degenerate please!
>>
>>29409279
People are people working less hours and investing more time into higher education education when they graduate they will make double to quadruple so it's a worthy investment.
>>
>>29409332
It's okay just don't let it happen again.
>>
>>29407971
>>29408303
Stagnating employment levels and increasing productivity aren't solely the result of automation. It's also a result of the increasing power that employers wield over labor.

Back in 2002 I was working at a hardware store. I was in the customer service department, not a department manager because I didn't have seniority, but my responsibilities were the same. When I started we had two people in the service center and 2-3 cashiers during normal business hours. After a year they started cutting down on staff, despite the fact that we were far and away the most profitable store out of the entire chain of about 50 stores by near double. This meant that we went down to one cashier and one service center, with a second cashier only on the weekends. My workload more than doubled - in addition to doing the work of two people in the service center I also had to pick up the slack for the cashiers. There was no pay raise, and any complaint met with the same response: "if you don't like it we can hire somebody who will." I couldn't afford to lose my job, so I was stuck working like that for another year before I was able to finally quit.

Unions have become a mess now, but at one time they were the answer to the powerlessness of the laborers. You can't go up against corporate powers as individuals, even as a whole store's worth of employees.

The social view of things is no better. We romanticize blue collar work in the abstract, but if you look at companies making record profits while giving their employees the shaft, what do we say? "The menial task that you perform is not worth $X." We say it's alright for corporations to flatline wages because otherwise they would "pass on the cost to the consumer" in the form of price increases. Yet when corporate profits are rolling in, we don't expect them to pass on the savings to the consumer or anything to the workers. No, no, those are for the executives and the shareholders. Fuck the rest.
>>
>>29409591
Nice anecdote. Just because you were having issues with the labor market doesn't make millions of success stories not exist. Really getting tired of whiners like you in my America, we should deport you to loserville where you can whine and not mooch of taxpayers. We are gonna have one of the greatest achievement generations because milenials are overwhelmingly pursuing heigher education you should too. You can reach your dreams but only if you he wokin on them! No to LAZY!
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.